Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I would love to see her with Ororo on Arakko, written by Ewing. It would be divine.
    And if that's not in the cards then I think building out Otherworld, by another writer, is her best chance from slipping into the background. That way she can stay in a leadership role and it allows for a cast to be built around her like Rachel, Rictor, Brian, etc.

In my mind I can see Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld - the three mutant strongholds, with fairies and vampires sprinkled into one.
    At the moment I can only dream to see the kind of worldbuilding and character work that Al Ewing is superbly doing on X-Men Red over to Betsy and Otherworld...

I hope Ewing can squeeze a Betsy cameo or a few panels now that he brought up the Wrongslide/Otherworld death plot thread. Also, Redroot still out there in Otherworld.

BANNED

I can say it better. It was considered cultural appropriation for Betsy, a white woman, to be doing Japanese ninja stuff. That’s why all of the ninja stuff went to Psylocke/Kwannon, and why Betsy does British/OtherWorld Knight stuff. That’s the politics of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    At the moment I can only dream to see the kind of worldbuilding and character work that Al Ewing is superbly doing on X-Men Red over to Betsy and Otherworld...
    Right?

It would be awesome.

And the way he had 3 differrent story narratives going this past issue was perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I hope Ewing can squeeze a Betsy cameo or a few panels now that he brought up the Wrongslide/Otherworld death plot thread. Also, Redroot still out there in Otherworld.
    Youre absolutlely right. That would be a great way to get a cameo appearance. Wrongslide and the Seige Perilous, Redroot and Arrako, etc.

Ooh that made me excited.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I can say it better. It was considered cultural appropriation for Betsy, a white woman, to be doing Japanese ninja stuff. That’s why all of the ninja stuff went to Psylocke/Kwannon, and why Betsy does British/OtherWorld Knight stuff. That’s the politics of today.
    I would have rather that they went more of the spy/STRIKE route with Betsy than the Captain Britain/knight angle and keep Kwannon as a ninja. I do wish Betsy still used her psy knife instead of the sword and shield too. I just think the knife is so iconic to Betsy. Kwannon can keep the katana - or better yet, have her power manifest some other, more unique way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    I would have rather that they went more of the spy/STRIKE route with Betsy than the Captain Britain/knight angle and keep Kwannon as a ninja. I do wish Betsy still used her psy knife instead of the sword and shield too. I just think the knife is so iconic to Betsy. Kwannon can keep the katana - or better yet, have her power manifest some other, more unique way.
    This is a bridge burned down.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    This is a bridge burned down.
    Hence the use of past tense.

I remember being a little excited when she produced that dagger while sitting with Kwannon.

I'm happy we got the butterfly back.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yeah I didnt hate that arc. I just didnt like how flip floppy and moody changing TH made her during that arc.

I hope this new title gets us a less patriotic uniform. YES! Even less than the current one.

Some of the reason why her doubt and insecurity bugged me in this arc:

FXMTD_YWQAEftvs.jpg

FXMTD_YWQAA-pNm.jpg

She already knows who she is and Jim Zub did a great job doing her characterization in MiM.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-09-2022 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah I didnt hate that arc. I just didnt like how flip floppy and moody changing TH made her during that arc.

I hope this new title gets us a less patriotic uniform. YES! Even less than the current one.

FXMTD_YWQAEftvs.jpg

FXMTD_YWQAA-pNm.jpg

She already knows who she is and Jim Zub did a great job doing her characterization in MiM.
    I do agree that she was often depicted as overly dramatic in Excalibur. But the seeds of contemplation were planted in Dead's End.

Returning to her family prior to getting settled on Krakoa was a good idea, but then getting thrown into Otherworld and becoming CB, one foot in the UK while still getting settled as a Krakoan was a lot. So I get the angst, it just wasn't delivered well. But she got better after Kwannon helped her.

Hopefully she can finally be grounded soon, wherever that may be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

FXMTD_YWQAEftvs.jpg

FXMTD_YWQAA-pNm.jpg

It certainly slows down the overall storytelling and action. This is I believe the main issue people have with Tini’s writing.

I remember being a little excited when she produced that dagger while sitting with Kwannon.

I'm happy we got the butterfly back.
    Actually thatÂ’s my dagger (see p. 11, earlier in that same issue). It was the psi dagger I jabbed Emma with to free her from Malice, and MaliceÂ’s essence got trapped in the blade. Betsy picked it up and I noted that usually only I can pick up those blades.

It seems that Betsy and I share a connection now that hasnÂ’t been explored yet. Probably not like Scott and Alex who are immune to each otherÂ’s powers, but Betsy and I seem to be able to share/pick up/wield each otherÂ’s blades/energy.

Love,
    Kwannon

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    Actually thatÂ’s my dagger (see p. 11, earlier in that same issue). It was the psi dagger I jabbed Emma with to free her from Malice, and MaliceÂ’s essence got trapped in the blade. Betsy picked it up and I noted that usually only I can pick up those blades.

It seems that Betsy and I share a connection now that hasnÂ’t been explored yet. Probably not like Scott and Alex who are immune to each otherÂ’s powers, but Betsy and I seem to be able to share/pick up/wield each otherÂ’s blades/energy.

Love,
    Kwannon
    Thanks for the reminder, Kwannon!

Thanks for the reminder, Kwannon!
    For the record, I too would like to see Hellion some more.

Love,
    Kwannon