Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Hopefully we at least get a really dope artist when she comes back.

I think theyll have a teaser at the end of KoX.

But I'm super hoping that she gets an awesome interior artist.

Why cant we have a Larraz or Dauterman or Mann or Opena or Coipel for interiors.

We know they can do 5 issues

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    And the worst part is that after months with no Betsy we'll get a new book by the same writer
    Right? Tini managed to kill my joy in following comics.... bummer.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Hopefully we at least get a really dope artist when she comes back.
    While I don’t hate Quinn’s work here, it’s nothing that makes me get all excited when a new issue drops.

I hope things change, and Tini’s finished with Betts for the foreseeable future. Give her the New X-Men, a cast I find to be utter garbage, so I’m not forced to buy a book from her.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    While I don’t hate Quinn’s work here, it’s nothing that makes me get all excited when a new issue drops.

I hope things change, and Tini’s finished with Betts for the foreseeable future. Give her the New X-Men, a cast I find to be utter garbage, so I’m not forced to buy a book from her.
    Lol! Love it!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Give Betsy to Jamie McKelvie. He did a great Elizabeth Braddock (though she was called Lizzie instead of Betsy) in the just finished Captain Carter mini.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Give Betsy to Jamie McKelvie. He did a great Elizabeth Braddock (though she was called Lizzie instead of Betsy) in the just finished Captain Carter mini.
    I’d actually be very okay with this. Honestly I’d love to have anyone British to give Bets, and the Excalibur title a uniquely British feel. Make it the Marvel’s Doctor Who like book.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 08-21-2022 at 07:03 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I’d actually be very okay with this. Honestly I’d love to have anyone British to give Bets, and the Excalibur title a uniquely British feel. Make it the Marvel’s Doctor Who like book.
    One of my favorite hopes for the book would be a Doctor Who/Lost in Space vibe book with the Braddocks lost in Otherworlds.

Betsy, Meggan, Jamie, Brian, Wisdom and Maggie all drawn by Dautermann.

Also, no CB mantle. Brian is the smart human co-leader in this. Betsy in her Disassembled costume as a telepath with medieval TK weapons.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Fa2xE9nXEAAENwV.jpg

What do you guys think of this uniform. I know people give side eye when people wanna see fitted uniforms because of male gaze. But I think this looks pretty damn good.

I could do without the teke weapons, after that’s pretty much all Tini utilized. Who needs a mace, when you’re a psi-spy, in her Majesty’s Secret Service?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

BANNED

I could do without the teke weapons, after that’s pretty much all Tini utilized. Who needs a mace, when you’re a psi-spy, in her Majesty’s Secret Service?
    Probably no one would buy that.

She had the tk weapons and is Captain Britain in order to differentiate herself from the other telepaths.

Remember she lost being Psylocke due to racial politics, and Tini had the hard job of building Betsy up with not much to go on. So she went for the obvious. Betsy’s OtherWorld connections.

Its not that hard to build for Betsy. Her being in an Asian body wasnt the only thing going on with her.

No one is buying KoX either

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Probably no one would buy that.

She had the tk weapons and is Captain Britain in order to differentiate herself from the other telepaths.

Remember she lost being Psylocke due to racial politics, and Tini had the hard job of building Betsy up with not much to go on. So she went for the obvious. Betsy’s OtherWorld connections.
    I agree that reuniting Betsy with her Otherworld connections was the best way to secure her a leading role in a book. Despite the execution issues of the series, it has set her apart from the other telepathic women. And while sales are less than most other books as it was during Excalibur, there seems to be a dedicated fanbase (I'm not on twitter but people who tweet about their enjoyment are often mentioned here.) And a fan baked sugar cookies in the shape of Geraldine's pop-tarts and sent a photo to Howard so there's that.

I go back and forth. I want a better writer for Betsy, no doubt about it. But like I've said I don't want her to get lost in the crowd should they let Howard go. I would hope that someone would want to pick up Howard's threads and build on what she's started but that's of course not guaranteed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Or it was decades overdue in losing something that was going to be removed anyways vs politics. There was nothing hard about taking all the badass things about Betsy prior to the Siege and running with them and her new mantle. Tini made some bad choices and decided to focus on the wrong elements (or in some cases not on Betsy at all) and she's left many of us with foul taste in our mouth for a character that should be kicking ass on so many levels.