Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    If you sign the petition, try to also share it on social channels with other fans so Marvel is more likely to see it.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I also kind of want her more involved in the Krakoa side of things. Especially with the "big" ORCHIS threat. I hope she and her team of co-stars get to handle that and Coven Akkaba when she gets back to Earth based missions.

Otherworld is a Krakoa gate away. So I HOPE we get at least a mini arc of what she thinks about the human threat side.
    This is one of my biggest Betsy-pains in the current era. I would love for her to be involved in whatever's happening on Krakoa and not just focused on the Otherworld side of things. It's a bit sad the Eternals are invading Krakoa and she's nowhere to be seen (but Rachel strangely is). Everything is now just a portal away, if it works for Ororo it can work for Betsy too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This is one of my biggest Betsy-pains in the current era. I would love for her to be involved in whatever's happening on Krakoa and not just focused on the Otherworld side of things. It's a bit sad the Eternals are invading Krakoa and she's nowhere to be seen (but Rachel strangely is). Everything is now just a portal away, if it works for Ororo it can work for Betsy too.
    Probably because they were just wrapping up Knights of X. It seems like Tini is going with a new Xena and Gabrielle love story with Betsy and Rachel.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't disagree with the contents of the petition, especially now that the wording has been substantially revised, but I find it funny that the writer is asking Marvel to acknowledge the character's history and then seems to limit it as "since New Mutants Annual No. 2".

Betsy Braddock has a relatively long and interesting history before she appeared in American comics and so many of her defining traits and moments (STRIKE affiliation, purple hair, Slaymaster battle... ) happened BEFORE that New Mutants Annual. I'm just being anal LOL but Alan Moore, Jamie Delano and Alan Davis's Elizabeth matters A LOT.

I don't disagree with the contents of the petition, especially now that the wording has been substantially revised, but I find it funny that the writer is asking Marvel to acknowledge the character's history and then seems to limit it as "since New Mutants Annual No. 2".

Betsy Braddock has a relatively long and interesting history before she appeared in American comics and so many of her defining traits and moments (STRIKE affiliation, purple hair, Slaymaster battle... ) happened BEFORE that New Mutants Annual. I'm just being anal LOL but Alan Moore, Jamie Delano and Alan Davis's Elizabeth matters A LOT.
    I don't think you're being anal. I think you've raised a very good point.

Do you guys think this new book will be released as a tie-in to Secrets of Sinisters? Or after SoS is done? I'm still in disbelief Betsy will only have 5 appearances this entire year. I wonder what will it take for JDW to see that this direction is not working, Betsy hasn't been so absent from the publishing line since her death in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I don't think you're being anal. I think you've raised a very good point.
    I agree. The resurrection of the STRIKE Psi-Division members excited me because I loved those Betsy stories. Seeing her sitting at that table with them on Krakoa was something I never would have imagined ever witnessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Do you guys think this new book will be released as a tie-in to Secrets of Sinisters? Or after SoS is done? I'm still in disbelief Betsy will only have 5 appearances this entire year. I wonder what will it take for JDW to see that this direction is not working, Betsy hasn't been so absent from the publishing line since her death in 2001.
    I get the feeling the book will be announced along with other new books, and more info on SOS at the same time. I'm not sure if it will tie in to the event but with Otherworld finally fully accessible to Krakoans, and with Betsy in charge of it, I expect a lot of integration between the two places like Krakoa and Arakko. The party scene at the end of KoX #5 with all the Krakoans hanging out makes me believe this will be the case.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I get the feeling the book will be announced along with other new books, and more info on SOS at the same time. I'm not sure if it will tie in to the event but with Otherworld finally fully accessible to Krakoans, and with Betsy in charge of it, I expect a lot of integration between the two places like Krakoa and Arakko. The party scene at the end of KoX #5 with all the Krakoans hanging out makes me believe this will be the case.
    If SoS is indeed about Sinister using a Moira clone to reset reality and changing the timeline into an Age of XXX event, I feel like it would be smart and make sense to tie-in CB in her role as protector of the Multiverse while also securing a sales bump from the main event.

If SoS is indeed about Sinister using a Moira clone to reset reality and changing the timeline into an Age of XXX event, I feel like it would be smart and make sense to tie-in CB in her role as protector of the Multiverse while also securing a sales bump from the main event.
    That's a great idea, especially because this is supposed to be Sinister's preferred future, which likely means the mutants are trapped. It's going to take multiversal heroics and CB and Askani seem to be queued up for it.

Rachel has literally just been dubbed "an especially stable time-traveler" and this is an event about timelines. Do the right thing, X-Office!
    Last edited by JB; 09-19-2022 at 07:47 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Do we really think Tini Howard could execute that though.

I just relistened to the Betsy Braddock podcast and the Opal Luna Saturnyne podcast and she really gives no F's.

Like she says if you don't see it on the page and you don't like it well thats on the reader. I don't like that mentality.

Going back and listening to her talk was not the best because it came off kind of bad and just put a bad taste in my mouth.

Like if you don't get my writing then its on you the reader.

She is aware of the the valid critiques but she doesnt care to change it.

Is this a petition to make her interesting? Cause I will sign that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I just relistened to the Betsy Braddock podcast and the Opal Luna Saturnyne podcast and she really gives no F's.

Like she says if you don't see it on the page and you don't like it well thats on the reader. I don't like that mentality.

Going back and listening to her talk was not the best because it came off kind of bad and just put a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh I know the execution will be bad but since we're stuck with her for the forseeable future, better make sure we hold on to any crumbs we get.
    Her approach to writing is really weird. She's always saying she likes to make readers feel frustated, but her uninteresting, weak payoffs are never worthy all the frustration.

Fantastic Member

Dupe post. Thanks, website.

Fantastic Member

I will never give Howard a break for "One storybook-shaking battle later..." for the climax of this years-long story.
    That's not writing. That shouldn't be rewarded with yet another version of the same title.

Strike Force was canceled in a hurry, and no one wants another volume of that. Rehashing the same Betsy take is just as welcome. Are there Captain Avalon fans? Do Brian Braddock fans feel well-served these days? Betsy fans don't.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Is this a petition to make her interesting? Cause I will sign that.
    Yes, most definitely. Signing would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I will never give Howard a break for "One storybook-shaking battle later..." for the climax of this years-long story.
    That's not writing. That shouldn't be rewarded with yet another version of the same title.

Strike Force was canceled in a hurry, and no one wants another volume of that. Rehashing the same Betsy take is just as welcome. Are there Captain Avalon fans? Do Brian Braddock fans feel well-served these days? Betsy fans don't.

I will never understand what Marvel sees in her.