Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

I'm a little shocked you all want a 5 issues mini solo and not an ongoing or do just prefer one writer not having Betsy for to long and want her to be more available for possible main titles?

Well I think most of us are just going by TH sales of KoX.

Also we just want a new writers take on Betsy Braddock.

Al Ewing would be the DREAM!

But thats wishful thinking.

I honestly feel like TH wrapped up her story. She wanted to have Betsy go through her "trials and tribulations" era. And thats mostly done.

TH doesnt bring in the sales.

We know this because of Stirke Force, X-Corp, and KoX. The only reason they let Excalibur last so long is because the Hickman era was allowing the writers to tell these long drawn out stories (some of the writers in the X-Slack are not very good at it)

So we're hoping she only get one more arc and passes the torch to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I'm a little shocked you all want a 5 issues mini solo and not an ongoing or do just prefer one writer not having Betsy for to long and want her to be more available for possible main titles?
    Yeah. I guess we're just assuming this might be Tini Howard's final chapter with Betsy, so the faster it ends, the faster a new writer might take over.

Do you guys think if its a solo itll end a lot quicker because solos typically sell way less than team books unless they are Wolverine.

The last time she had a mini i think units sold were only 14,000-16,000 per issue and thats when she was Psylocke.

Now she has a writer that is not super popular and doesnt bring in the numbers and is the less popular Captain Britain version of herself.

I think the artist is really going to be an important factor.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...58519730847744

Sneak peak of things to come? I like the art here; reminds me of Bernard Chang or Pete Woods. Hopefully we get some news this weekend for NYCC.
    Weird how this person would get hold of WIP Marvel art? I do like what I'm seeing though, I've seen on another board someone mentioning this could be Marc Huizinga. I can definitely see it in her eyes and mouth but it's not enough to say definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Do you guys think if its a solo itll end a lot quicker because solos typically sell way less than team books unless they are Wolverine.

The last time she had a mini i think units sold were only 14,000-16,000 per issue and thats when she was Psylocke.

Now she has a writer that is not super popular and doesnt bring in the numbers and is the less popular Captain Britain version of herself.

I think the artist is really going to be an important factor.
    I think it really depends on how big they (Tini and editorial) plan to take the multiversal protecter title. It could easily span out into the wider MU as we're seeing more integration between mutants and other IPs (Emma over in Captain America, Rogue and others in Cap Marvel). Being the protecter of a nexus of realities *should* be a big deal.
    Sidenote: For whatever reason the Avengers solo books do better than most mutant solos.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Weird how this person would get hold of WIP Marvel art? I do like what I'm seeing though, I've seen on another board someone mentioning this could be Marc Huizinga. I can definitely see it in her eyes and mouth but it's not enough to say definitely.
    Hmm yeah, the face angles are similar. His work is lovely and that's a beautiful Psylocke he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Sidenote: For whatever reason the Avengers solo books do better than most mutant solos.
    Because most Avengers started out as solo characters, while the X-Men are seen as a team first and foremost. Though Betsy is a bit of an exception I guess, since CB was a solo character back in the day. But I doubt she can support a solo even now, unless they give it to some superstar writer.

Soooooo.....

No Betsy Braddock till May?

Soooooo.....

That WIP image Ross Hutchinson posted makes me think we'll get an announcement soon. Well, "soon" is the word he used.
    I'm hoping for news in this coming X-Men Monday.

Soooooo.....

We're in for +6 months of comic book limbo. The X-Office, especially Jordan D White and Tini Howard, failed Betsy big time. There's no other way to look at this.

I think there's still more to come. Bishop's series just got announced today and since SoS is only impacting three titles, we don't know what's happening with the rest of the X-line after January. We still haven't heard if New Mutants is coming back or being completely replaced.

I hope yall sent in your questions about Betsy for X-Men Monday because I am really need some teaser or sneak peek of whats next to come because if we have to wait till May im gonna be way more bummed out.

I'm ready for her to take the flowers out of her hair.

where are people getting wait till May from? The bishop series announcements proves not everything is on pause for sins of sinister. Worst case we wait for February or March imo. But wouldn’t be shocked to see a January announcement at tomorrows women of marvel panel.