Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

We just need to modify the real Union Flag to have a lilac cross and it'll become much easier to costume Betsy as Captain Britain.

I dislike when they give her magenta hair. Its PURPLE. Ok rant done.

Incredible Member

Comics have never explored this, but it’s funny how Warren and Betsy Romance aesthetically ties into the Greek myth of Cupid and Psyche.

The cupid was an angel who shot darts and Psyche was a Beautiful woman often depicted with butterfly wings (or associated with the butterfly as a symbolism of soul and mind)

He was the god of love and she despite originally being a human, ascended as the goddess of soul.

Their daughter, Hedone was the goddess of pleasure. A cool idea for an alternate future storyline. Betsy and Warren’s offspring being a mutant with the power of numbing people with a uncontrollable feeling of pleasure.
    Last edited by crimsontt; 02-04-2022 at 07:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Comics have never explored this, but it’s funny how Warren and Betsy Romance aesthetically ties into the Greek myth of Cupid and Psyche.

The cupid was an angel who shot darts and Psyche was a Beautiful woman often depicted with butterfly wings (or associated with the butterfly as a symbolism of soul and mind)

He was the god of love and she despite originally being a human, ascended as the goddess of soul.

Their daughter, Hedone was the goddess of pleasure. A cool idea for an alternate future storyline. Betsy and Warren’s offspring being a mutant with the power of numbing people with a uncontrollable feeling of pleasure.
    Writers tend to have strong, humanities backgrounds. So Claremont and Lobdell likely knew what doing in shaping those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Oh, is it not in continuity with the What If cartoon? Is it supposed to be the Captain Carter from Exiles then?
    I got curious and sought out the cover image being discussed and article discussing Betsy being introduced there,..
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-carter-b...raddock-x-men/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Found a larger image.

I'm totally down with the new look and her mascot.
    I have to be honest here, I don't recognize this character anymore. Betsy lost me as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I have to be honest here, I don't recognize this character anymore. Betsy lost me as a fan.
    What were you a fan of to begin with? Genuine question. I didn't care for Excalibur and probably won't read Knights of X because this Dungeons and Dragons thing isn't my cup of tea, but that doesn't mean I don't like Betsy anymore.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    This cover reminds me o UXF 22 where she is riding a dragon as lady briton.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I dislike when they give her magenta hair. Its PURPLE. Ok rant done.
    I've always thought of it as more a lavender or lilac, than straight purple. Possibly influenced by her base color being blonde and that any shade would fade to lighter (before she recreated her body to have naturally purple hair, of course).
    Generally speaking, stats consensus where should Betsy's hair color be using this abbreviated Pantone color chart? (*if only I knew how to create a poll)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-05-2022 at 07:55 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I've always thought of it as more a lavender or lilac, than straight purple. Possibly influenced by her base color being blonde and that any shade would fade to lighter (before she recreated her body to have naturally purple hair, of course).
    Generally speaking, stats consensus where should Betsy's hair color be using this abbreviated Pantone color chart? (*if only I knew how to create a poll)
    I like it darker despite the body so 2613. Tho my favorite would be a more bluish purple like 2097c not in the picture
    Last edited by crimsontt; 02-05-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I awlays like when they color Betsy's hair in the 2582 spectre and Kwannon's in the 2612
    A picture would last longer darling...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    What were you a fan of to begin with? Genuine question. I didn't care for Excalibur and probably won't read Knights of X because this Dungeons and Dragons thing isn't my cup of tea, but that doesn't mean I don't like Betsy anymore.
    Perhaps it's that the character of Betsy that Exodus became a fan of in the past bears little to no resemblence to the Betsy that we have now, as if they could have just created an entirely new character and called her Betsy and little to nothing would be different, Excalibur might as well take place in an alternate reality for all that the book matters to the great X-universe...

Boo-hoo, get over it.

Ultimate Member

Could have said the same to some of you here years ago...but I'm not wrong that Excalibur is not having really any influence on the other books...

One of the things I've been wanting for Betsy for a long time is more time with her family, so I'm happy we've had a great deal of that in Excalibur. And I feel resurrecting some of her old teammates is a good way to reconnect Betsy to her past and rebuilding that part of her identity. Hopefully they appear and are utilized well in KoX.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!