Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    That’s adorable!

Betsy by Mike McKone
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...ckone.html?m=1
    Last edited by Psyknight; 11-01-2022 at 10:05 AM.

You know what? I wouldnt mind Betsy in a all white and blue uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You know what? I wouldnt mind Betsy in a all white and blue uniform.
    That sounds like it would look good.

I like the way her costume looks on that cover, but I still want to get rid of the x-badges and the belts. They’re just too much and they don’t go with the rest of the costume.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 11-01-2022 at 10:10 AM.

BANNED

Captain Britain ? naaa... for me Betsy will always be Psylocke...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    This is gorgeous. I'm not really a fan of Peach Momoko's art but this looks really good. A bit random to have it as a cover for X-Men Annual 1 starring Firestar, but cute nonetheless LOL

I dont like which she's not on page 1. Not to be a downer or anything.

BUT I'm kinda of bummed out we're not getting ANY Betsy content until February of next year.

BUT I'm kinda of bummed out we're not getting ANY Betsy content until February of next year.
    Say no more.

Hopefully we'll be seeing the variants for #1 with February's solicits later this month if not a little sooner.
    Clean version of Peach's X-Men Annual variant:

I really like it so I'm looking forward to her variant for BBCB.

Sidenote: I also really like her logo the more I look at it.

There's almost zero chance she'll be CB for the rest of her comic life and if "Psylocke" is staying with Kwannon forever, then I'm fine with Betsy Braddock being another Jean Grey and Emma Frost.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Right? It seems like an eternity.

Speaking of content, do you guys think Betsy will appear in X-Men 97? Will Psylocke there be Kwannon or Betsy? Is she's Kwannon there do you think Betsy will be CB?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Say no more.

Hopefully we'll be seeing the variants for #1 with February's solicits later this month if not a little sooner.

Sidenote: I also really like her logo the more I look at it.

There's almost zero chance she'll be CB for the rest of her comic life and if "Psylocke" is staying with Kwannon forever, then I'm fine with Betsy Braddock being another Jean Grey and Emma Frost.
    I agree. I think at one point Brian is going back as CB so I'm happy this title has her name in it so other people will get to know her as Betsy and when she loses the CB mantle, she'll keep the pink sword, shield, lavender hair and will still be recognizable. Hopefully in her Disassembled costumes....fingers crossed...If the ninja suit keeps coming back, I don't see why her resurrection costume can't come either.

edit: I like the logo too.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

Speaking of content, do you guys think Betsy will appear in X-Men 97? Will Psylocke there be Kwannon or Betsy? Is she's Kwannon there do you think Betsy will be CB?

I agree. I think at one point Brian is going back as CB so I'm happy this title has her name in it so other people will get to know her as Betsy and when she loses the CB mantle, she'll keep the pink sword, shield, lavender hair and will still be recognizable. Hopefully in her Disassembled costumes....fingers crossed...If the ninja suit keeps coming back, I don't see why her resurrection costume can't come either.

edit: I like the logo too.
    I completely agree and it's a smart move to start getting people acquainted with her name. My hope is the series will eventually place Brian back in a good position that may eventually get him his own book again. I felt that even more when Jordan White said he'll play a big role in the series.
    That's why I'm just going with the flow with what currently "is" since we know the X-Office is planning months and months in advance.

I really like her Disassembled costume and even a variation of that with the colors would work. And YES, she remains iconic with the lavender hair and pink psychic constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I completely agree and it's a smart move to start getting people acquainted with her name. My hope is the series will eventually place Brian back in a good position that may eventually get him his own book again. I felt that even more when Jordan White said he'll play a big role in the series.
    That's why I'm just going with the flow with what currently "is" since we know the X-Office is planning months and months in advance.

I really like her Disassembled costume and even a variation of that with the colors would work. And YES, she remains iconic with the lavender hair and pink psychic constructs.
    I agree with editors and Tini that Betsy always needed to have a successful run as CB. So I do hope this series does the job for her and she realizes she's better when she's an X-Men at the end of it.

As for costumes, if not the Disassembled, I wouldn't mind a lighter version of her outback armor, maybe without the cabe, hood and mask. I'm not a big fan of capes or masks.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I agree with editors and Tini that Betsy always needed to have a successful run as CB. So I do hope this series does the job for her and she realizes she's better when she's an X-Men at the end of it.

As for costumes, if not the Disassembled, I wouldn't mind a lighter version of her outback armor, maybe without the cabe, hood and mask. I'm not a big fan of capes or masks.
    Such a good point. Once she became CB the first time she was on such a high. The public and media loved her and then it came crashing down. So yeah, this really is a redemption story many years in the making. If it leads her to explore the wider MU then I'm all for it. If she can be successful with this second chance, gaining the respect and adoration of the public again, it could make for a very satisfying conclusion for this chapter of her life. Leaving the mantle on a high note.

My dream costume for her would definitely be a modern take on the outback armor, something like what I believe psycwave posted a little while back. Sleek, beautiful face exposed, NO cape.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Beau DeMayo previously hinted that Psylocke might appear in response to a fan's question. Honestly I wouldn't expect more than a cameo as season 1 looks choke-full of content and characters as is, but in terms of Betsy/Kwannon/Psylocke/Captain Britain... it could probably go either way. 90s ninja Psylocke is already an established character in the TAS continuity but it was never really specified whether she was Betsy Braddock aside from her mentioning she had a brother. As a longtime fan, I don't really see DeMayo going with Kwannon though so I would just expect Psylocke to be Betsy. No confusing body-swap talk needed, just a straight race-swap.

It's a good question and I've been ruminating on it. For the sake of diversity I think it would be good to have her be Kwannon, and they can easily say she's an ally of Logan's from Japan. Then they can have Betsy as CB or a British hero in general that they meet on a mission in Europe. But like Uncanny said, either of their appearances would likely be brief for the first season if at all.

I wrote him a question regarding Betsy and Kwannon and he didnt seem to like the changes that have been done.

He also seems to be like a hardcore 90s only fan.

And he also made a comment that like they probably wouldnt be able to to the Betsy/Kwannon story because it would take too many episodes to tell.

And in my head Im like its the X-Men comic cartoon it shouldnt be that hard.

You can literally do the Revanche shows up story line but make it way better written and modern and have it fixed.

^Maybe that was his polite way of telling you that the current status quo is ludicrous (fact) and does nothing to trigger interest in bringing Betsy Braddock to the telly (fact again).