Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I got curious and sought out the cover image being discussed and article discussing Betsy being introduced there,..
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-carter-b...raddock-x-men/
    The face looks pretty but if I didn't know it was Betsy I'd think it was supposed to be Black Widow or something. It's cool that she's being a part of other books though.

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    The face looks pretty but if I didn't know it was Betsy I'd think it was supposed to be Black Widow or something. It's cool that she's being a part of other books though.
    They were going for a SHIELD agent feel I suppose. I couldn't find an original reference but this fan art isn't far off from my recollection of what Betsy wore when she wasn't in civvies (usually a mini-skirt because she was MOD!)...and that look has NOT aged well...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

When Betsy was first appearing in the Captain Britian comics, she was a blonde who dyed her hair purple.
    Did they ever retcon that her hair was purple as part of her mutation, or is it still supposed to be naturally blonde? If it is purple now, was it explained how it changed?

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    When Betsy was first appearing in the Captain Britian comics, she was a blonde who dyed her hair purple.
    Did they ever retcon that her hair was purple as part of her mutation, or is it still supposed to be naturally blonde? If it is purple now, was it explained how it changed?
    It actually was explained and Betsy did appear as a blonde in the issues. When she rebuilt herself ( i can't remember the exact issues) she also turned her hair purple. This was before Age of X-man.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It actually was explained and Betsy did appear as a blonde in the issues. When she rebuilt herself ( i can't remember the exact issues) she also turned her hair purple. This was before Age of X-man.
    I thought that might be the case, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Right on. It was in Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor #4.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Perhaps it's that the character of Betsy that Exodus became a fan of in the past bears little to no resemblence to the Betsy that we have now, as if they could have just created an entirely new character and called her Betsy and little to nothing would be different, Excalibur might as well take place in an alternate reality for all that the book matters to the great X-universe...
    Excalibur launched X of Swords, a huge crossover that lead to Mars being made into Planet Arrako, and that is having profound affects on the MU. This summer we have Judgment war involving the mutants, Eternals, and Avengers. Pretty sure an issue is the mutant takeover of Mars, plus the resurrections.

Ultimate Member

So it launched the crossover, doesn't make it important if every book took part and Betsy didn't play much of a role at all in the crossover, Excalibur didn't drive the crossover and Betsy's basically in a satellite book that gets thrown a bone every now and again, and she deserves better...

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'm really digging the new costume, especially the sleeves.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So pretty! (even though I don't want Betsy to date Rachel).

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Amazing cover. I like the contrast between Betsy's nothing background and Rachel's.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Perhaps it's that the character of Betsy that Exodus became a fan of in the past bears little to no resemblence to the Betsy that we have now, as if they could have just created an entirely new character and called her Betsy and little to nothing would be different, Excalibur might as well take place in an alternate reality for all that the book matters to the great X-universe...
    I think this is the one take I just don't see. Betsy being CB hasn't removed her from anything, imo. If anything it's pushed CB lore more into the x-mythos so she actually has something to do on the island. We've seen the council call on her to handle stuff with Saturnyne and Otherworld like when she came back from being shattered and most recently at the lighthouse. Execution could be debated she's become a staple character in the new era for that alone. If Krakoa ever gets adapted you don't think any of that would come up in some way? Apocalypse and Arakko and its' connection to Otherworld and all that? When that happens Betsy is right in the middle of it. If CB goes to the MCU you don't think her taking the mantle and the drama/politics of a mutant CB would come into play?

Would it be cool to see her be more active as an ambassador or something? Talk strategy with the Captain Commander or gab it up with the Regent of Sol? Sure. But we have years of storytelling ahead of us and there's still time.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 02-15-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I think this is the one take I just don't see. Betsy being CB hasn't removed her from anything, imo. If anything it's pushed CB lore more into the x-mythos so she actually has something to do on the island. We've seen the council call on her to handle stuff with Saturnyne and Otherworld like when she came back from being shattered and most recently at the lighthouse. Execution could be debated she's become a staple character in the new era for that alone. If Krakoa ever gets adapted you don't think any of that would come up in some way? Apocalypse and Arakko and its' connection to Otherworld and all that? When that happens Betsy is right in the middle of it. If CB goes to the MCU you don't think her taking the mantle and the drama/politics of a mutant CB would come into play?

Would it be cool to see her be more active as an ambassador or something? Talk strategy with the Captain Commander or gab it up with the Regent of Sol? Sure. But we have years of storytelling ahead of us and there's still time.
    Hickman showed no interest in Excalibur and its cast throughout his run, so why would a film adaptation of Krakoa even consider exploring anything from Howard's work?

As to what the Captain Britain mantle has removed Betsy from, do we need to state the obvious again? Just a bunch of uninspiring, racist, devoid of substance stories written some time between 1984 and 2018 by a few journeymen authours. It took decades, but enlightenment shone through under the mighty pen of Tini Howard!

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Hickman showed no interest in Excalibur and its cast throughout his run, so why would a film adaptation of Krakoa even consider exploring anything from Howard's work?

As to what the Captain Britain mantle has removed Betsy from, do we need to state the obvious again? Just a bunch of uninspiring, racist, devoid of substance stories written some time between 1984 and 2018 by a few journeymen authours. It took decades, but enlightenment shone through under the mighty pen of Tini Howard!
    Well I hope you find a way to enjoy Betsy again one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm really digging the new costume, especially the sleeves.
    This suit looks different on every cover I’ve seen it lmao. I think this one is my fave so far? It doesn’t have the cape and the blue pants help. I always thought Captain Betsy’s suit would’ve looked better had it been primarily blue.

I’m ready to get a proper look at it. Quinn designed this one right? I hope we get a design sheet or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post

So pretty! (even though I don't want Betsy to date Rachel).
    While I do not support the Rachel/Betsy agenda this cover eats