Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

This is a point that worries me. TH has problems writing powers. Her characters are usually nerfed and she just has them displaying random power signatures which most of the time amounts to nothing. You can see one of the CBs carrying Rachel in the preview art, which is just weird. Rachel can fly on her own.

I attempted to edit and color the unused CB design. I quite like it, but Betsy really needs a regular modern superhero costume.

I want her to start fucking up ORCHIS stations in Great Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So I'm catching up on the Cerebro podcast this long holiday weekend and I caught Tini's commercial that she mentioned while listening to the latest episode on Gateway and Manifold. I transcribed it as best I could (they talk fast!), since it has some tidbits about the book, and uploaded it here:

Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain #1 ad on Cerebro podcast

Some nuggets:

- Meggan and "even a little Jamie" confirmed.
    - Betsy will be in the 616 world, Excalibur foes returning.
    - Instead of an ideological argument with England about her role as Captain Britain, "they're gonna pull out swords and there's gonna be monsters, and they're going to fight all over England."
    - She's excited to write a couple and their romance. Playing with their similarities and differences makes for sexy fun.
    - Rachel's power helps Betsy be more independent in her own powers, and Betsy's powers help Rachel fulfill her Askani destiny.
    - Erick Arciniega is the colorist, he did some Excalibur and KoX. Off the top of my head he did the Siege Perilous/Mercator issue which I found to be gorgeous.

They both sounded excited and I appreciate them taking the time to promote the book. Bring on the monsters!

She talks a good game but that's always been her m.o. She can sell an idea like no others this era but I'm still kind of excited. I hope the "they're gonna fight all over England" isn't just hyperbole because even if you can get past some of the story ticks the lack of action has been the biggest hindrance to her books, imo. Still Vasco's art looks gorgeous and I'm hype for Coven Akkaba to come back. They need a redesign but evil mystical cults trying to gain political power and take over from the shadows is exactly what I love.

I'm also really intrigued by how she's going to write Betsy/Rachel. I didn't love the whiny overprotective bits we got during KoX but if we're shown more of the individual confidence I'll be down. I've warmed up to the idea of them but the execution will seal the deal. I want honesty and beating ass together!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This is a point that worries me. TH has problems writing powers. Her characters are usually nerfed and she just has them displaying random power signatures which most of the time amounts to nothing. You can see one of the CBs carrying Rachel in the preview art, which is just weird. Rachel can fly on her own.

I attempted to edit and color the unused CB design. I quite like it, but Betsy really needs a regular modern superhero costume.
    Loooooove though i'm still in the we need less red camp. Still crossing my fingers that this first 5 issues is setting up the new mission statement and then we move onto a new costume after that.

This is really nice and I'm partial to the lion emblem over the flag personally. But yeah she's rocked the CB costume for a long time now and I'm ready for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    She talks a good game but that's always been her m.o. She can sell an idea like no others this era but I'm still kind of excited. I hope the "they're gonna fight all over England" isn't just hyperbole because even if you can get past some of the story ticks the lack of action has been the biggest hindrance to her books, imo. Still Vasco's art looks gorgeous and I'm hype for Coven Akkaba to come back. They need a redesign but evil mystical cults trying to gain political power and take over from the shadows is exactly what I love.

I'm also really intrigued by how she's going to write Betsy/Rachel. I didn't love the whiny overprotective bits we got during KoX but if we're shown more of the individual confidence I'll be down. I've warmed up to the idea of them but the execution will seal the deal. I want honesty and beating ass together!

Loooooove though i'm still in the we need less red camp. Still crossing my fingers that this first 5 issues is setting up the new mission statement and then we move onto a new costume after that.
    She does bring the hype like no other, which I can appreciate. Hoping for solid delivery to go with it. This being her solo, I want to see Betsy defeat big, gnarly foes. "Monsters?" Bring. them. on.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That looks really good. I like that the red is a cooler pinkish red. That shade goes much better with her overall coloring.

Jim Cheung.

i wouldnt mind him on interiors or variant cover.

Jim Cheung.

Gorgeous face and locks! Is this from an interior or a commission?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Model vibes.
    @RPHutch1975 tweeted it but no link or info about it.

Olivier Coipel commission at CCXP in São Paulo.

Does Betsy have any important anniversaries coming up ?

Edit: not for another couple years.
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-02-2022 at 01:02 PM.

It's a big decade for a few characters including Miss Braddock, 50 years of publication soon. And 40 years since she moved into Xavier's.

I need more art teases, news, promos this month. Lots of it. And I'm looking forward to the cover and solicitation for issue #2.

Commission by Yanick Paquette.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Olivier Coipel commission at CCXP in São Paulo.

This looks good - how I miss Olivier doing something X-related beside the random cover here and there!

A little birdy told me that Betsy is showing up in Exterminators #4.

If anyone is picking up that series let us all know if it’s true and what happens