Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    One thing to note is that Stefano Caselli seems to have come onboard adjectiveless as of the Brood crossover. It doesn't necessarily mean Cassara is off the book but he could also have been moved to another project...
    I like how you think. Let's see if he posts anymore from that era...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    It's greedy but I'd like the Wolverine treatment. A solo that carries Otherworld/Britain/family adventures and her being on a team book to occasionally play in Krakoa. I actually kind of like when x-characters play in the greater marvel universe and disconnect for a bit so I could see it being pretty fun. And sometimes even the bigger characters get lost in the shuffle so that solo focus would be ideal to fall back.

I'm still kind of iffy on the solo because I would love for it to be successful but I'm also ready for TH to hand the reigns over and this feels like the finale to her run. If we do only get five issues she's wrapped up in June, we hit Pride month which may garner a few appearances (maybe still written by Tini lol), and then we head into Fall of X. It feels like a great time to reintroduce her to the x-world but outside of X-men I can't really see any place for her. Maybe we'll get a return of Excalibur with a new creative team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Oh wait, let her lead the team that goes to rescue Redroot! The Arakkii/Otherworld connection needs some love.
    I think you hit the nail on the head in terms of the potential for sustaining double duty for Betsy - Otherworld/Arakki/Amenth. Tini recently said in an interview that Otherworld is now established for her to play with later if she wants and for any of the writers to play with. Something about the way she said it gave me the impression that's exactly what will happen. With it being wide open to mutants now via Fort Krakoa, it offers endless possibilities. So I can see Betsy doing X-Men/Krakoa things while also holding Otherworld down. I liked when she was in the front of the council and they tasked her with finding a solution to Otherworld deaths, and how Emma was looking for her when relations with Britain took a dive. It seems her book is reestablishing the importance of the mantle with the whole, "Betsy has power in a realm that is huge and changing all the time and could threaten Earth at any time. She’s a good person for the Avengers and other people to know." Just like they did with introducing more Arakko stories, the writers can start playing in the Otherworld sandbox too and further integrate it with Krakoa and the wider MU. Perhaps even making a team of X-Men (or a new Excalibur) like you said for such missions as Redroot's rescue.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I like how you think. Let's see if he posts anymore from that era...

I think you hit the nail on the head in terms of the potential for sustaining double duty for Betsy - Otherworld/Arakki/Amenth. Tini recently said in an interview that Otherworld is now established for her to play with later if she wants and for any of the writers to play with. Something about the way she said it gave me the impression that's exactly what will happen. With it being wide open to mutants now via Fort Krakoa, it offers endless possibilities. So I can see Betsy doing X-Men/Krakoa things while also holding Otherworld down. I liked when she was in the front of the council and they tasked her with finding a solution to Otherworld deaths, and how Emma was looking for her when relations with Britain took a dive. It seems her book is reestablishing the importance of the mantle with the whole, "Betsy has power in a realm that is huge and changing all the time and could threaten Earth at any time. She’s a good person for the Avengers and other people to know." Just like they did with introducing more Arakko stories, the writers can start playing in the Otherworld sandbox too and further integrate it with Krakoa and the wider MU. Perhaps even making a team of X-Men (or a new Excalibur) like you said for such missions as Redroot's rescue.
    Again, all this sounds amazing and so huge. But somehow when TH writes it, it does not translate. If this is the directions they're going, I hope they get another writer soon because all this grandiose promises are starting to leave a bad taste, execution wise.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Again, all this sounds amazing and so huge. But somehow when TH writes it, it does not translate. If this is the directions they're going, I hope they get another writer soon because all this grandiose promises are starting to leave a bad taste, execution wise.
    I wish to be a fly on the wall of these discussions because I can't imagine the X-Office just deciding to use Captain Carter without input and the blessing from her office of origin/higher editorial. If it is some kind of preparation for MCU introduction of the Braddocks then I'm all for it.

I wish to be a fly on the wall of these discussions because I can't imagine the X-Office just deciding to use Captain Carter without input and the blessing from her office of origin/higher editorial. If it is some kind of preparation for MCU introduction of the Braddocks then I'm all for it.
    Wouldn't it be amazing if she appeared first in What If season 2 as agent Braddock so they can teste the waters before her MCU debut? (I prefer Betsy then Lizzie by the way).
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Wouldn't it be amazing if she appeared first in What If season 2 as agent Braddock so they can teste the waters before her MCU debut? (I prefer Betsy then Lizzie by the way).
    That would be so cool and yeah, a great way to test things out. An agent who is a skilled hand-to-hand fighter and a mutant with telepathy and/or TK. I honestly think it benefits them to just make her Betsy, a much more known character than Lizzie who only appeared in the mini, and it opens up the link to the Braddock family and the X-Men. Every time I look at the cover of BBCB #2 I'm like it's literally right there as the two are fighting back to back lol

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    One thing to note is that Stefano Caselli seems to have come onboard adjectiveless as of the Brood crossover. It doesn't necessarily mean Cassara is off the book but he could also have been moved to another project...
    So I just listened to a short interview with Cassara that was just released and he said the following: "I'm a child of the 90's. It's the Jim Lee X-Men, it's the Rob Liefeld X-Force, Marc Silvestri X-Men... that is where I came of age too so my heart is there. Like I actually... I got to revisit one of the old uniforms on a character just recently and editorial let me do it. I was so pumped to do it."

He didn't confirm that he was talking about Outback Betsy but he just released the image so the clues are pointing to yes, it's for something official. Separately, he mentioned he's the cover artist of an upcoming mini. He didn't specify if it's an X-book but it seems very likely that it is.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

So I just listened to a short interview with Cassara that was just released and he said the following: "I'm a child of the 90's. It's the Jim Lee X-Men, it's the Rob Liefeld X-Force, Marc Silvestri X-Men... that is where I came of age too so my heart is there. Like I actually... I got to revisit one of the old uniforms on a character just recently and editorial let me do it. I was so pumped to do it."

He didn't confirm that he was talking about Outback Betsy but he just released the image so the clues are pointing to yes, it's for something official. Separately, he mentioned he's the cover artist of an upcoming mini. He didn't specify if it's an X-book but it seems very likely that it is.
    Great sleuthwork Jbenito! I think the clues point to Betsy appearing on adjectiveless and just happening to be wearing her old armour, which I'm super happy about as I love that look for her and would love to see her interacting with the current X-Men team. Hopefully this is all true and also more than a one panel cameo, because I'm greedy.

TH's obsession with writing Betsy struggling and now Rachel struggling together needs to stop. At least the art looks cute.

Wow these are gorgeous. Thank you for posting! Betsy finally using TK in a big way? Well I'll be damned!

Is that Micromax? Ahh this is so exciting. I'll read the interview soon.

That art looks WAY better than expected. That's a plus.

"to think 'maybe I don't deserve this. "t's to watch them struggle a bit " we're still on this boat
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-21-2022 at 09:22 AM.

Cute art! Feeling kind of meh at the dolls needing to be "patient" with each other and working through issues because they have been around each other long enough to know how the other operates and communicate effectively but we'll see how it's handled.

Love that this got the EW treatment.

It also all doesnt have to be focused on them being gfs either though. Like we've seen them on mission being very confident and secure already.

In a way I like the idea of them not falling into a completely comfortable romantic relationship as if it's been going on for years. I just don't want the "struggle" to perpetuate forever. But I'm here for the "But the fact is, they both work really hard jobs..." which makes me think Rachel will be focused on managing/exploring the timelines for Otherworld's sake while Betsy is dealing with on-air debates on the BBC and kicking ass to solidify her position as CB.
    (Edited my post to add "romantic" relationship. They indeed should have no issue working together, just the romantic side of it I'm ok with being new for them to navigate.)

I'm over the moon about the EW treatment as well. Major props on that kind of PR.

Last edited by JB; 12-21-2022 at 09:49 AM.