Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Moon Knight: Black, White & Blood #2

I enjoyed all three stories. Toss up between the first one and third one for my favorite. Liked that Marlene was in there, she has largely been pushed to the side so the nostalgia in me enjoyed her appearance.
    I can't say I know any of the writers well enough to even recall who wrote what, I just enjoyed all 3 reads.

Who else has read this issue as an appetizer for next weeks MK #12 where Jed is going to wrap up things with Zodiac....for now. Unless MK kills him, which I hope he doesn't. I feel that would look poorly to T'Challa and hurt his probation type thing he has going.
    I think it was better than the first issue.

1. Percy's story (The Empty Tomb) was alright. Nice pulp horror, old school story, and I loved Del Rey's art style, honestly.
    I
    2. loved the second story, "A Hard Day's Knight" (the one in the diner). Can't say much besides that. Liked the kirby-esque art style (even if I usually don't like it that much) and the writing was a fun, and even had a sad, heartfelt moment. Poor Marc. Also, Crossfire, woah. It's been a while since the last time I saw him somewhere.

3. The third one, "Blood Red Glider" was fine. The plot was fine, but I didn't like the writing itself that much, I guess. Not a fan of the art here: sometimes it looked great, some other times, kind of like rubber or plastic. I liked this one the least of this batch. but it was still a nice read and I appreciated that it was made to fin in continuity.

-------------
    I love the black and white MK costume. No matter who draws and inks it, it always look so, so classy. I guess the silvery, gray one is pretty to look at too, when it's drawn with a lot of dark in it. Not that I dislike any of his costumes, but I've got some preferences ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    One thing problem about the D+ series, it's that Marvel can't decide whether they should make Marc Spector Jewish or not. It seems to be clear that the actor who portrayed the character is Latino but yet has no clue to address whether Moon Knight needs to tie in with his ethnicity. It's best to drop out about this case cause I don't really enjoy the take of Marc Spector in the show because sometimes there is moment where he acts like Moon Knight and there are times it wasn't.

While I am okay with the retcons of his origins and backstory, I still prefer Marc Spector from the comics since his personality take look more interesting than in the D+ series.
    There's hispanic jewish people: Sephardi jews (I don't think they're going that choice for background, but still). They did make Marc jewish in the TV series, and I would guess they made him at least partially hispanic too, given that Marc alias' in that meeting with the dealer in episode 3 had a hispanic surname, and Jake speaks Spanish.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-24-2022 at 04:04 PM.

Issue 12 was a decent finale.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-22-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Issue 12 was a decent finale.
    Yeah. Lots of enjoyable action, a bunch of soft twists, moderate drama, a promise of more and a come back. And some amazing art. Liked this one a lot.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A really good wrap up to the Zodiac story.
    I was not ready for the "zombie" Fists being the wild card. To my knowledge that is a Jed invention, that isn't something ever mentioned or seen till now, right?
    Alas, poor Soldier we barely knew you. Is there an out? Could he be Turned? Would he want that?
    Glad to see Hunters Moon was not dismissed. Potential there.
    Not sure when Grant became the least violent one, lets see where Jed goes with this.

Issue #13 Vampire Arc:
    Does Blade show up?
    Maybe Elsa Bloodstone?
    Hannibal King?
    Dracula???
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Is that really it for Zodiac? Was a good showdown but felt a little easy.
    For someone who wanted to break Mark he didn’t really achieve anything, did he?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    There's hispanic jewish people: Sephardi jews (I don't think they're going that choice for background, but still). They did made Marc jewish in the TV series, and I would guess they made him at least partially hispanic too, given that Marc alias' in that meeting with the dealer in episode 3 had a hispanic surname, and Jake speaks Spanish.
    Next season on Disney's Moon Knight:

Except more reflective and respectful. (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    Next season on Disney's Moon Knight:

Except more reflective and respectful. (hopefully)
    *me making an awkward face here
    Man, cartoons sure are something sometimes...

I'm a (honestly not very good) spaniard historian and this stuff wasn't what I was picturing, nope. Heh.
    (I get it's comedy, but, err...)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-24-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I think that is because his big finale at the Mansion was to be the BIG HIT on Marc.
    Zodiac said as much that it wasn't fair or some such. How could he plan for, for that?? No one told me he could do that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I would argue he had a degree of success. His original plan to send Marc on a wild goose chase so he could kill everyone he cared about didn’t totally succeed (and tbf, like he said, how exactly could you plan for Khonshu and his deceased fists intervening?). However he hurt both Marc and Reese enough to make both attempt to murder him. Obviously Zodiac likely didn’t want to die, but had Steven not taken control, he definitely would’ve gotten that Hutson era Moon Knight violence he wanted so bad lol

Anybody else catch issue #13 today? Wow, this story really surprised me. I loved the shout out to past stories with the appearance of Taskmaster. McKay made a good point stating that Taskmaster doesn't have to be a mercenary all the time. With all of his experience, he can be a consultant. I'm glad that McKay made the wise decision not to have another Moon Knight/Taskmaster fight again. Instead, Taskmaster has his limits. He'll target Spidey or Daredevil. But Moon Knight? This is a guy that really scares Taskmaster. And Taskmaster isn't having any of that. Rather, he tries to warn Moon Knight and tell him that he's not involved with future plans. That's a nice twist on the hero/villain dynamic.

Also, it shows just how badass Moon Knight could be. And Moon Knight was pretty badass this issue. It's cool to see Marc wield a sword and chop off some heads.

Finally, a slight question; what did this vampire guy mean by saying he was the second most powerful vampire in the city? Is the first referring to Morbius? And who were those people that he hired?

Anyway, there were good things this issue. Loved to hear your thoughts.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Finally, a slight question; what did this vampire guy mean by saying he was the second most powerful vampire in the city? Is the first referring to Morbius? And who were those people that he hired?
    I believe he means Morbius, since Blade (pretty much the only other vampire of note beside Drac himself) is busy with the Vampire Nation.

Jed revealed on Twitter that the two characters Tutor hired are new creations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Anybody else catch issue #13 today? Wow, this story really surprised me. I loved the shout out to past stories with the appearance of Taskmaster. McKay made a good point stating that Taskmaster doesn't have to be a mercenary all the time. With all of his experience, he can be a consultant. I'm glad that McKay made the wise decision not to have another Moon Knight/Taskmaster fight again. Instead, Taskmaster has his limits. He'll target Spidey or Daredevil. But Moon Knight? This is a guy that really scares Taskmaster. And Taskmaster isn't having any of that. Rather, he tries to warn Moon Knight and tell him that he's not involved with future plans. That's a nice twist on the hero/villain dynamic.

Also, it shows just how badass Moon Knight could be. And Moon Knight was pretty badass this issue. It's cool to see Marc wield a sword and chop off some heads.

Anyway, there were good things this issue. Loved to hear your thoughts.
    Jed is pretty fond of Taskmaster so I figured he wasn’t gonna torture him that badly. Really liked the callbacks this issue. You had all the Hutson stuff and the apparent return of Midnight Man. As far as I can tell, the guys at the end are new characters.
    Loved this issue, Sabatini really brought his A game on the art. Excited for the next.

Extraordinary Member

One of the best Taskmaster appearances..with nary a punch thrown, shield slung or arrow launched.

I read a lot of Marvel but this series along with Strange are the only ones I truly love and get excited about reading. Another fantastic issue and Jed McKay is definitely my favorite Marvel writer right now.