Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

double post my mistake

Anybody catch Moon Knight #14? I've been saying that the title dances on the edge of greatness but this issue really was great! Yes, Moon Knight wages this external battle, but the internal dialogue Marc has with Steven and Jake was fantastic. I have to say, McKay found a really new angle to approach the DID of Moon Knight. What's really the danger here? Is it the DID or one of those identities? McKay gives these introspective scenes where new truths are revealed. Plus, there were a lot of shout out's to previous continuity.

Definitely my favorite issue of the McKay run.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I say it every issue but this series continues to be the best going at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I say it every issue but this series continues to be the best going at Marvel.
    Most definitely. The book I look most forward to each month. Issue #14 was pure brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Most definitely. The book I look most forward to each month. Issue #14 was pure brilliance.
    This current run of Moon Knight along with the current She-Hulk series continue to be my favs.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I finally got my issue #14 after a shipping mishap last week with my LCS.
    It was good and while I'm not fan of the D.I.D. my opinion is that Jed is doing a great job of balancing the D.I.D. with just the identities.
    The character isn't so much an unpredictable loose canon that I feel the prior series ran with. Which ultimately led some Editor at Marvel to allow Jason Aaron to do what he did with MK leading us to Jed's series.
    Subtle nods to prior series, such as the Sun King, mentions of Marlene and his daughter help to make the saga of MK feel linear. Making it so if one were to pick up the collected works they would flow in a fairly good order.

I know we are solicited thru #16 to date and I would assume at worst thru #18(as that marks another 6 issue block traditional in today's story telling).
    Hoping this book gets a much longer run, especially with rumors of D+ Season 2 for MK.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I finally got my issue #14 after a shipping mishap last week with my LCS.
    It was good and while I'm not fan of the D.I.D. my opinion is that Jed is doing a great job of balancing the D.I.D. with just the identities.
    The character isn't so much an unpredictable loose canon that I feel the prior series ran with. Which ultimately led some Editor at Marvel to allow Jason Aaron to do what he did with MK leading us to Jed's series.
    Subtle nods to prior series, such as the Sun King, mentions of Marlene and his daughter help to make the saga of MK feel linear. Making it so if one were to pick up the collected works they would flow in a fairly good order.

I know we are solicited thru #16 to date and I would assume at worst thru #18(as that marks another 6 issue block traditional in today's story telling).
    Hoping this book gets a much longer run, especially with rumors of D+ Season 2 for MK.
    It's selling pretty well, and Jed seems invested on it. I think it's going to last a rather long time.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It's selling pretty well, and Jed seems invested on it. I think it's going to last a rather long time.
    I hope this goes on for a long time

The last several MK runs are all so painfully short, it be nice to have a run that can at least fit an entire omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

The last several MK runs are all so painfully short, it be nice to have a run that can at least fit an entire omnibus
    That keeps changing. It used to be a big, stuffed Omnibus was about 40 issues(with an Annual or two counted as an issue).
    There have been a few solicits recently that push the issue count well into the mid 50s, that is a lot of issues. Granted I'll take a continued well written Jed McKay MK run of 50 issues. Just noting the bar keeps moving on Omnibus upper limit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

If I remember that, the earlier issue run for Moon Knight in the 90's is called "Marc Spector: Moon Knight". It manages to last around 60 issues run without relying on relaunch. The other Moon Knight volumes we got are basically mini runs.

Up until Warren's run, it lasts about 30 issues under the name of "Moon Knight" title.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    If I remember that, the earlier issue run for Moon Knight in the 90's is called "Marc Spector: Moon Knight". It manages to last around 60 issues run without relying on relaunch. The other Moon Knight volumes we got are basically mini runs.

Up until Warren's run, it lasts about 30 issues under the name of "Moon Knight" title.
    I know, right?! That '90s series was quite a stable, little title with some solid artwork. But, hardly anyone ever talks about it (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-03-2022 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

The reason current fandom doesn't speak much about the 90s series, Marc Spector: Moon Knight, imo, is that it doesn't align with the retcon of disguises vs identities that Huston made in the 2006 series that went 30 issues. I think that is what @Lawtoyoto432 is referring.
    Warren Ellis wrote 6 issues, the first of a new launch that only went 18 issues total with Bunn and Wood writing the other arcs.

60 issues - Marc Specor: Moon Knight (90s - Dixon/Garney/Kavanagh)
    38 issues - Moon Knight (80s - Moench/O'Neil)
    30 issues - Moon Knight (00s - Houston/Benson)
    27 issues - Moon Knight (2010s - Lemire/Bemis)
    18 issues - Moon Knight (2010s - Ellis/Wood/Bunn)
    15 issues - Moon Knight (2020s - Jed McKay...ongoing)
    12 issues - Moon Knight (2010s - Bendis)
    10 issues - Vengeance of Moon Knight (00s - Hurwitz)
    06 issues - Fist of Khonshu: Moon Knight (80s - O'Neil)
    04 issues - Moon Knight mini (00s - Moench)

The reason readers don't talk about it, I think, may have a lot more to do with the shift it did from Moench's run style and themes, and also with a weak last half on the run that many people on the net say it's bad. I haven't read it, so I don't know. But it's what I usually read in comments.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-06-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks for the clarification, guys. It is greatly appreciated.