Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Also it's confirmed that Etha Hawkes character is Arthur Harrow.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Interesting decision to make Grant the "main" character.

Well, a mercenary as the main character isn't very Disney friendly. Better to have a gift shop employee with the easy out of dissociative identity disorder to explain away the violence which is kind of offensive when you think about it. Dissociative identity disorder is the writer's equivalent of eating a big bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos. It's cheap. It's bad for you. It manages to not only stick to your fingers but also gets over everything else at the same time. It makes a horrible sound. You may enjoy them but no one wants to be around you while you eat them.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Official Synopsis:

The series follows Steven Grant, a mild-mannered gift-shop employee, who becomes plagued with blackouts and memories of another life. Steven discovers he has dissociative identity disorder and shares a body with mercenary Marc Spector. As Steven/Marc’s enemies converge upon them, they must navigate their complex identities while thrust into a deadly mystery among the powerful gods of Egypt.
    They're definitely treating this as trippy as you would expect a Moon Knight series o_O.

Like, you think it's a typical Oscar Isaac psychological drama and then - boom - Marvel Studios logo !

So it seems like initially we have Steven Lang, UK Native, insomniac and having strange dreams before being haunted by...Khonshu? Or some kind of moon creature? And he doesn't even realize he's Marc Spector until someone (Marlene?) calls him.

Definitely getting pretty trippy with the visuals. You won't know what's real or what's not as much as the protagonist does. Like, does Moon Knight actually transform? Is he actually fighting some kind of CGI monster?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This could be interesting.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're definitely treating this as trippy as you would expect a Moon Knight series o_O.

Like, you think it's a typical Oscar Isaac psychological drama and then - boom - Marvel Studios logo !

So it seems like initially we have Steven Lang, UK Native, insomniac and having strange dreams before being haunted by...Khonshu? Or some kind of moon creature? And he doesn't even realize he's Marc Spector until someone (Marlene?) calls him.

Definitely getting pretty trippy with the visuals. You won't know what's real or what's not as much as the protagonist does. Like, does Moon Knight actually transform? Is he actually fighting some kind of CGI monster?
    Steven *Grant

Interesting decision to make Grant the "main" character.
    I guess nothing sets up your main protagonists' identity problems quite like starting them off with another personality/identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Steven *Grant
    D'oh .

BANNED

I like the costume

According to the subtitles, the woman on the phone is "Layla." Who the hell is Layla? Only Layla I know of is Layla Miller.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

interesting trailer
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    According to the subtitles, the woman on the phone is "Layla." Who the hell is Layla? Only Layla I know of is Layla Miller.
    I thought it would've been Marlene. Unless he can't even keep his love interests' names straight in his head...

Incredible Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/moon-knight-hickman-bachalo/

Guess we now know where Hickman is showing up next.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/moon-knight-hickman-bachalo/

Guess we now know where Hickman is showing up next.
    Not a bad idea. Just wished they did this for some of the other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Why do people compare moon knight to batman? Because both use moon/bat themed items? Batman doesn't have DID and he doesn't get as vicious as mk so what's the similarity?
    Can't tell you how many times I've had conversations trying to show people that character X was nothing like character Y. General audiences tend to be the worst in that respect in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Mr. Knight

I'd love to see this version of his costume at some point in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'd love to see this version of his costume at some point in the series.
    Me too! I don’t have the words to describe how much I love and how awesome that look is.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark