Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

One of my favorite Moon Knight writers was Charlie Huston. It caused me to seek out his books to read. Does anyone know if he is still writing because I have not seen a book from him since Skinner in 2013.

Astonishing Member

I don't know much about Moon Knight, other than being Marvel's violent counterpart of Batman. I want to ask you something: Who exactly is "Stained Glass Scarlet"? For what I read, she seems to be Moon Knight's version of Catwoman. Is that true, or is it more complicated than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't know much about Moon Knight, other than being Marvel's violent counterpart of Batman. I want to ask you something: Who exactly is "Stained Glass Scarlet"? For what I read, she seems to be Moon Knight's version of Catwoman. Is that true, or is it more complicated than that?
    I'm hoping Jessica Chastain plays her. Reading her wiki page, I'd say she's more Huntress than Catwoman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping Jessica Chastain plays her. Reading her wiki page, I'd say she's more Huntress than Catwoman.
    By her style of fighting, yes. But in many places, they say Moon Knight and Scarlet have what they call a "catwoman-esque relationship".

By her style of fighting, yes. But in many places, they say Moon Knight and Scarlet have what they call a "catwoman-esque relationship".
    It's not an exact 1 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    One of my favorite Moon Knight writers was Charlie Huston. It caused me to seek out his books to read. Does anyone know if he is still writing because I have not seen a book from him since Skinner in 2013.
    Looks like he's been working in TV, mostly. He wrote episodes of Gotham & Powers, and is executive producer of something called Strange Adventures for DC.

It's more complicated (and MK really isn't much like Batman). Scarlet Fasinera is an ex-nun who ended up marrying a mobster, but turned vigilante after she was forced to kill her own son to stop his criminal rampage. If anything, she's closer to the post-Crisis Huntress, with theirshred violent war on organized crime. They both use crossbows, even!

(Please note that SGS was created 8 years before Helena.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It's more complicated (and MK really isn't much like Batman). Scarlet Fasinera is an ex-nun who ended up marrying a mobster, but turned vigilante after she was forced to kill her own son to stop his criminal rampage. If anything, she's closer to the post-Crisis Huntress, with theirshred violent war on organized crime. They both use crossbows, even!

(Please note that SGS was created 8 years before Helena.)
    Still, doesn't Moon Knight and Scarlet have a relationship of "uncomfortable love" or something? I even heard they have somekind of "psychic link" or something.

Still, doesn't Moon Knight and Scarlet have a relationship of "uncomfortable love" or something? I even heard they have somekind of "psychic link" or something.
    It's not like Batman & Catwoman, though. She basically acts like his stalker. More Typhoid Mary than Selena Kyle.

And the psychic link has never been truly explained, although some has claimed that she is the reincarnation of (or is connected to) someone close to Khonshu.

Suffice it to say she's one of a long line of femme fatale occasional allies to heroes.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm worried about this as well. And I think the general public is going to reduce Moon Knight to being little more than Marvel's attempt at a Batman movie and ignore it completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Why do people compare moon knight to batman? Because both use moon/bat themed items? Batman doesn't have DID and he doesn't get as vicious as mk so what's the similarity?
    My Moon Knight doesn't have D.I.D. that is some crappy retcon that has stuck the last 15 years and I await it being overturned. The REAL Moon Knight uses various identities(see disguises) to aid in his crime fighting. NOT unlike Batman who has his Matches Malone persona and frankly we could discuss just how frakked his own psyche is really. Some writers have explored if Bruce is just another 'mask' and Batman is the real persona. Batman also can get very violent, hence the "need" for a Robin to keep him in check. Dick and Tim both have had to restrain him/talk him down. Comparing Batman and Moon Knight(especially in his original pre-Charlie Huston run) is very understandable. Frankly an ex-military white dude who seeks his own brand of justice isn't really a great look. I mean have you seen some of the real world headlines the last decade? Marvel needs to right the ship and explain away the D.I.D. as a Khnoshu side effect, easily done.

I'm not super fond of the supernatural aspect of the outfit, nor the "mummy" look. Perhaps the look will grow on me but the suit as somehow alive or sentient(based on trailer) does not sit well at first glance with me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

At first glance Moon Knight resembles Batman. Often a first impression is all you get especially because we now inherent opinions. Long running opinions tend to have guides who form opinions of new fans. People aren't sheep but word of mouth has its downsides.

They share a common ancestor in the Shadow and Batman became the default example for a non-powered hero. Spider-man has a similar hold on being a teen hero. If you're writing either archetype, you have to deal with either character's shadow.

I'm fine with Moon Knight currently. You could angle him as the anti-villian of the Marvel Pantheon similar to John Constantine over at DC.

Here are some fun lists I found.

https://screenrant.com/moon-knight-c...oduce-mcu/amp/

10 characters/groups MK could explore.

https://screenrant.com/mcu-moon-knight-phase-4-explore/

7 potential phase 4 storylines MK could explore.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-26-2022 at 03:20 PM.

All-New Member

At first glance Moon Knight resembles Batman. Often a first impression is all you get especially because we now inherent opinions. Long running opinions tend to have guides who form opinions of new fans. People aren't sheep but word of mouth has its downsides.

They share a common ancestor in the Shadow and Batman became the default example for a non-powered hero. Spider-man has a similar hold on being a teen hero. If you're writing either archetype, you have to deal with either character's shadow.

I'm fine with Moon Knight currently. You could angle him as the anti-villian of the Marvel Pantheon similar to John Constantine over at DC.

Here are some fun lists I found.

https://screenrant.com/moon-knight-c...oduce-mcu/amp/

10 characters/groups MK could explore.

https://screenrant.com/mcu-moon-knight-phase-4-explore/

7 potential phase 4 storylines MK could explore.
    I thought Moon Knight is American. On the upcoming series he’s British. Just curious about the Nationality change. In the comics he’s an American.

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    I thought Moon Knight is American. On the upcoming series he’s British. Just curious about the Nationality change. In the comics he’s an American.
    It's a way for Isaac to distinguish the different personalities.

All-New Member

It's a way for Isaac to distinguish the different personalities.
    So, will he be having an American personality too?

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    So, will he be having an American personality too?
    I assume so. Jake probably has an exaggerated Brooklyn accent or something.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Today's issue was a good spotlight on Hunter's Moon. He fills in for Marc while Marc deals with the Devil's Reign....