Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

It was a good annual.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/10/21/ma...ht-annual-1-2/

Annual looks great, preview of the Werewolf by Night confrontation.
    This does sound intriguing. Judging this issue by its cover I had already concluded it was going to be a 3-4 page misunderstanding fight as is often normal at Marvel. Jack and Marc would then team up to defeat whomever the real bad guy of the story was revealed to be. Those preview pages give off something deeper, more intriguing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It was a good annual.
    Absolutely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Absolutely agree with you.
    I'm hoping it gets a follow-up later in the series.

What I love with MacKay is that gçood or bad he always uses what has been done before him.
    He is the only one with Ewing to do that and I think it's awesome, it builds continuity instead of destroying it as so many others do.

Is the annual the first mention of Moon Knight's daughter?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Is the annual the first mention of Moon Knight's daughter?
    She was established in the prior run by Bemis where its revealed Jake Lockley secretly fathered a daughtered with Marlene without Jake and Steven knowing.

The run was very controversial and maligned especially since Jake was turned into an abusive asshole there.

Interestingly the annual ignores those aspects, having Marlene interact with Jake like nothing important and then wanting to talk specifically to Marc treating him as the father of the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    She was established in the prior run by Bemis where its revealed Jake Lockley secretly fathered a daughtered with Marlene without Jake and Steven knowing.

The run was very controversial and maligned especially since Jake was turned into an abusive asshole there.

Interestingly the annual ignores those aspects, having Marlene interact with Jake like nothing important and then wanting to talk specifically to Marc treating him as the father of the child.
    Mackay also mentioned her in issues #4, 5, and 14.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ugh I really hate that. I think McKay's take on it is much more interesting. I'd be curious to see a return of Marc's daughter and more of a reintroduction of Marlene into the stories. Reading the old stuff then coming to the current run and not seeing Marlene feels so strange.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourselfiegotleaked View Post
    Ugh I really hate that. I think McKay's take on it is much more interesting. I'd be curious to see a return of Marc's daughter and more of a reintroduction of Marlene into the stories. Reading the old stuff then coming to the current run and not seeing Marlene feels so strange.
    Hopefully MacKay won't bring back the whole Nazi rabbi being responsible for Marc's DDD.

Also man Marc's relationship with Marlene really is a disaster. Its real sad.

I will just keep the praise going on the MK Annual #1.

I very much enjoyed this! So much to speak to that others have said.

Keep the Jack Russel antagonist angle alive and gives a reason for that. He had his reasons, which I think could be expounded upon later, and wasn't just mind controlled. There was no "smooth it over" moment.
    Marlene is back, she is staying Stateside so hopefully she pops up again.
    Diatrice is a feisty 10 year old. I looked up her name and while not much there, I found Numerolgy assigns the number 6 to it for some reason. The pink hair was very on point for the current era.
    I like how Hunters Moon was defending her by pointing out to Khonshu how she honored him.

Jed McKay keeps killing it on this book. Doing his own thing in places while not ignoring the past of the character. This speaks volumes to how I like my characters treated, it is, ahem, old school.
    Somewhere in the past 20years it became, and still is, the norm for Editors to give free range to a writer. Ignore what you like from the past. Contradict if you choose because um....it is a #1, the past is pointless.
    Few writers care unless it serves their current purpose. Amazing Spider-man has been revisiting past "golden age" arcs with mixed results. Let's see how this Hobgoblin arc pans out but I digress.

Jed on Moon Knight, please don't go. Marvel may you keep publishing it, we will keep buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I will just keep the praise going on the MK Annual #1.

I very much enjoyed this! So much to speak to that others have said.

Keep the Jack Russel antagonist angle alive and gives a reason for that. He had his reasons, which I think could be expounded upon later, and wasn't just mind controlled. There was no "smooth it over" moment.
    Marlene is back, she is staying Stateside so hopefully she pops up again.
    Diatrice is a feisty 10 year old. I looked up her name and while not much there, I found Numerolgy assigns the number 6 to it for some reason. The pink hair was very on point for the current era.
    I like how Hunters Moon was defending her by pointing out to Khonshu how she honored him.

Jed McKay keeps killing it on this book. Doing his own thing in places while not ignoring the past of the character. This speaks volumes to how I like my characters treated, it is, ahem, old school.
    Somewhere in the past 20years it became, and still is, the norm for Editors to give free range to a writer. Ignore what you like from the past. Contradict if you choose because um....it is a #1, the past is pointless.
    Few writers care unless it serves their current purpose. Amazing Spider-man has been revisiting past "golden age" arcs with mixed results. Let's see how this Hobgoblin arc pans out but I digress.

Jed on Moon Knight, please don't go. Marvel may you keep publishing it, we will keep buying it.
    I truly hope we get a good long run from Mackay that can one day be put in Omnibus format. Another thing I will say is that Cappuccio and Rosenberg don't get enough credit for the success of this run. Yes Mackay's stories are fantastic but the art and coloring mesh so well with the writing that it takes the stories to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I truly hope we get a good long run from Mackay that can one day be put in Omnibus format.
    Issue #19 has been solicited. This starts a new arc which is likely to be 5-6 issues long. So the safe bet is that the title goes to about issue #23/24 + we just had the Annual. That is plenty of content for an Omnibus at that point. However, lets keep supporting the title as long as Jed maintains the quality. Get the title well into the 30s and beyond.

Astonishing Member

As always this issue of Moon Knight kicked so much ass, anyone read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    As always this issue of Moon Knight kicked so much ass, anyone read it?
    Yeah it was great.