Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Although I agree that Marc’s Judaism should be a part of the show, I don’t think people should be upset if it isn’t part of this season - the show seems to be introducing the character to both himself and audiences. I don’t think we’ll get a deep dive into Marc’s childhood in this season. Marc’s Judaism doesn’t seem to be a massive part of his life as an adult so it not being present in this film doesn’t mean it can’t be explored in depth in a future season/movie.

Amazing Member

Just popping in to say ... I like what they appear to have done with the new Mission, and I now may need to do some back issue reading.

Issue 9 was fun and reminded me of the TV show Angel.

another great issue. My favorite book on the shelves right now.

I have questions about the previous issues the one with Shatter glass new god. How did she become a new god? The text said that they believe and pray to her but is that really all that is require to become a god in Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I have questions about the previous issues the one with Shatter glass new god. How did she become a new god? The text said that they believe and pray to her but is that really all that is require to become a god in Marvel?
    That all depends on your definition of "god".

Certainly, if you are talking Thor and his ilk, the answer is no, because there's no evidence that belief had anything to do with his creation. OTOH, there have been other beings empowered by their worshippers in fiction (and in RL, arguably, if you consider sainthood in Catholicism). It's relatively uncommon at Marvel, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That all depends on your definition of "god".

Certainly, if you are talking Thor and his ilk, the answer is no, because there's no evidence that belief had anything to do with his creation. OTOH, there have been other beings empowered by their worshippers in fiction (and in RL, arguably, if you consider sainthood in Catholicism). It's relatively uncommon at Marvel, tho.
    Yeah cause the only thing I remember is one time where Storm was powered by worshipers but I don't remember it clearly, but Storm wasn't created by them which throws me off.

Yeah cause the only thing I remember is one time where Storm was powered by worshipers but I don't remember it clearly, but Storm wasn't created by them which throws me off.
    It's not the only one, though. For example, there's a Doctor Strange arc where Clea defeats her mother Umar because the population of their dimension switches loyalty to her.

In any case, I wouldn't freak out. What applies in one case doesn't necessarily apply in another. Especially where gods are concerned.

I don’t think it’s that uncommon of an idea that god like figures are powered and maintained through belief. I recall there being a scene in Jason and the Argonauts(?) where Jason brings a long dead goddess back to life by believing in her existence again. Then there’s other media like Chainsaw Man, that had its various devils born from and based on common human fears, and strengthened by how common that fear was. It’s a cool trope.

Devil's Reign: Moon Knight is a fun tie-in.

Amazing Member

I did enjoy the introspection about his situation, and that while he would likely have been there due to the "event" anyway he made use of it for his own goals.
    The art was expressive but ... a decent enough shift from the normal run that it kind of stood out to me a little.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

the preview is really great, lots of detail. looks like several international settings, which is interesting.

part of me wishes that this could be shown in theaters for a short run, 3 episodes back to back one week, then another 3 episodes the next week..

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Interviews with Isaac have also confirmed that Marc is still Jewish in this version, since people were wondering since Isaac himself doesn't consider himself Jewish I think (though I recall reading some here that his mom is?)