Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Interviews with Isaac have also confirmed that Marc is still Jewish in this version, since people were wondering since Isaac himself doesn't consider himself Jewish I think (though I recall reading some here that his mom is?)
    It also sounds like Moon Knight and Mr. Knight are also entirely separate personalities. Is that the case in the comics moreso than them just being different suits Marc puts on?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It also sounds like Moon Knight and Mr. Knight are also entirely separate personalities. Is that the case in the comics moreso than them just being different suits Marc puts on?
    Kind of a bit of both I guess - they aren’t alters BUT Marc does use them for different reasons. Mr Knight is kind of the public face/detective side of MK, whilst Moon Knight is more of the typical vigilante stuff! That’s how I’d explain it at least

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Kind of a bit of both I guess - they aren’t alters BUT Marc does use them for different reasons. Mr Knight is kind of the public face/detective side of MK, whilst Moon Knight is more of the typical vigilante stuff! That’s how I’d explain it at least
    Ah, okay. In the context of the interviews it sounds like they're entirely separate personalities in the show, like with Moon Knight being more of his own thing like in the Ultimate Universe and I think in a screenshot it looks like Mr. Knight is talking to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, okay. In the context of the interviews it sounds like they're entirely separate personalities in the show, like with Moon Knight being more of his own thing like in the Ultimate Universe and I think in a screenshot it looks like Mr. Knight is talking to himself.
    Yeah that’s the vibe I’m getting too! I’m looking forward to the mystery aspect of this show, so I’m excited we’ll be discovering this stuff at the same time as Steven/Marc - it’s a great way to do MK’s origin imo

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Also clea is fightning shadow knight

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Why do people compare moon knight to batman? Because both use moon/bat themed items? Batman doesn't have DID and he doesn't get as vicious as mk so what's the similarity?
    This comparison has been made by the comics community for decades and it predates the internet. The first Moon Knight series written by Doug Moench (my favorite Moon Knight and the one I grew up on) was a lot different than the current version. Back then Moon Knight didn't have DID, his non-costumed identities were Steven Grant, Marc Spector and Jake Lockley and were tools/disguises he used to aid in his crime fighting activities. Steven Grant was the rich playboy identity so that drew comparisons to Bruce Wayne. He had Frenchie as a rough analog to Alfred. Both were "creatures of the night"...

I was never really a fan of the comparisons between the two but if you compare early Moon Knight to Batman some of the similarities are pretty obvious.

https://www.cbr.com/moon-knight-dire...cene-disgrace/

Moon Knight Director Labels Wonder Woman 1984's Egyptian Scene 'A Disgrace'
    Moon Knight director Mohamed Diab had some choice words to describe Wonder Woman 1984's depiction of Egypt.

In the latest issue of SFX, the Egyptian filmmaker opened up about his frustrations with how his country is often portrayed in major Western movies. "It’s always exotic – we call it orientalism," said Diab. "It dehumanizes us. We are always naked, we are always sexy, we are always bad, we are always over the top. You never see Cairo. You always see Jordan shot for Cairo, Morocco shot for Cairo, sometimes Spain shot for Cairo. This really angers us." The director then honed in on Wonder Woman 1984, explaining why the film frustrated him to such a serious degree. "I remember seeing Wonder Woman 1984 and there was a big sequence in Egypt and it was a disgrace for us. You had a sheik – that doesn’t make any sense to us. Egypt looked like a country from the Middle Ages. It looked like the desert."

I bought the collection recently. I thought it was a good analysis. I liked the collection but it felt underwhelming for some reason.

Moon Knight started out as a riff on the Shadow. So I think that's were the similarities to Batman come from. They share the same source.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-27-2022 at 09:12 AM.

Surprised not to see reactions to the first episode here. Is there a thread somewhere that I'm missing?

Watched it this weekend, and really enjoyed it. I'm not too familiar with the character, having read only a few issues of Lemire's run. But the blend of comedy and horror and superheroics was unusual, and putting Oscar Isaac's bravura comic performance at the center of the first hour is a surprising move that works. I suspect a little that it will be like Wandavision in that it will become less interesting as its layers of mystery are peeled back, but for now I plan to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Surprised not to see reactions to the first episode here. Is there a thread somewhere that I'm missing?

Watched it this weekend, and really enjoyed it. I'm not too familiar with the character, having read only a few issues of Lemire's run. But the blend of comedy and horror and superheroics was unusual, and putting Oscar Isaac's bravura comic performance at the center of the first hour is a surprising move that works. I suspect a little that it will be like Wandavision in that it will become less interesting as its layers of mystery are peeled back, but for now I plan to follow it.
    There's a thread in the TV/Film section where we posted responses.

I thought it was a fun romp and I'm looking forward to how it unfolds.

I thought it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There's a thread in the TV/Film section where we posted responses.

I thought it was a fun romp and I'm looking forward to how it unfolds.
    Ah, found it. Thanks!

I liked the Lemire retcon that Steven and Jake existed since Marc's childhood. I'm hoping that's something the show uses.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked the Lemire retcon that Steven and Jake existed since Marc's childhood. I'm hoping that's something the show uses.
    I really didn't like that myself. I preferred that it was something that happened later in life.