Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I could have been sworn the Artemis Grace name predates Outlaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I saw it on wikipedia. Unless someone updated it after the webtoon, I feel like it must have some history?
    Reasonably certain it's an Outlaws thing. I don't recall the name coming up in her introduction in Loebs, or Jimenez, Rucka, and Simone's runs.

Speaking of Grace...

From the Wonder Woman/Grace One Shot, which you can read here.

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Someone needs to tie Artemis and Grace Choi together. They have very similar origins, redhead American girls that become Bana, they could be sisters or something. What I wouldn't give for them both to be daughters of Orana and Kanto. It could be said Grace's Asian features come from him.

For those not liking the change to Artemis' backstory, I get it, but I also never saw her as genuinely Middle Eastern. How many green eyed, redheaded Middle Easterners have you seen? Although it may be possible it doesn't come off as plausible, but your mileage may vary.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Someone needs to tie Artemis and Grace Choi together. They have very similar origins, redhead American girls that become Bana, they could be sisters or something. What I wouldn't give for them both to be daughters of Orana and Kanto. It could be said Grace's Asian features come from him.

For those not liking the change to Artemis' backstory, I get it, but I also never saw her as genuinely Middle Eastern. How many green eyed, redheaded Middle Easterners have you seen? Although it may be possible it doesn't come off as plausible, but your mileage may vary.
    Except Grace is a Korean Egyptian. She just dyes her hair. Of course one of the few Amazons of color, DC has forgotten her..

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Except Grace is a Korean Egyptian. She just dyes her hair. Of course one of the few Amazons of color, DC has forgotten her..
    A shame, too. Grace Choi has so much potential. She was amazing in Judd Winnick's Outsiders series. And that last time Diana saw her, she accepted Grace as her cousin. I'd love to see her again.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 08-15-2022 at 05:18 PM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Another interview with the creative team for Red Hood webtoon. Mostly Red Hood focus but some stuff on Artemis.

Guess it was Artemis' to have a turn at sporting the worst Wonder Woman's costume.

Love that WW/Grace one-shot and in general I just adore Marc Andreyko's Post-Crisis WW (I haven't read WW'77, honestly I'm too young for Lynda Carter nostalgia to appeal). The arc in Manhunter where Kate defends Diana during the Max Lord trial is one of my faves.

You could put this page in a time capsule:

And nothin' to see here, just 2 gal pals having an innocent sparring session:

Except Grace is a Korean Egyptian. She just dyes her hair.
    Well that sucks (much like that NBC tv costume) thanks for ruining my whole little idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Well that sucks (much like that NBC tv costume) thanks for ruining my whole little idea.
    And there's also the 2 dozen plus lawsuits. lol

Grace has appeared in the Vixen webtoon. And where was it stated she dyes her hair?

Personally, I'd ignore the Amazon retcon given the story it originated from.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Personally, I'd ignore the Amazon retcon given the story it originated from.
    Can you elaborate why?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Can you elaborate why?
    It was from Amazons Attack and the way it was revealed was clumsy and nonsensical. It only seemed to be done to momentarily make Grace side with the Bana. It also doesn't explain why Grace has powers since the Bana don't.

All in all, it's just a poorly thought out retcon and it's clear that isn't what Grace's creator intended for her.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Love that WW/Grace one-shot and in general I just adore Marc Andreyko's Post-Crisis WW (I haven't read WW'77, honestly I'm too young for Lynda Carter nostalgia to appeal). The arc in Manhunter where Kate defends Diana during the Max Lord trial is one of my faves.

You could put this page in a time capsule:

And nothin' to see here, just 2 gal pals having an innocent sparring session:
    Ah, another case of being bound and tied up in the lasso and still somehow pulling out an offensive move!