Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Dark Crisis was a missed opportunity to have Marie as part of the League (either the one that got sent off to dream worlds or the replacement League).
    Don't know if that really would have been an "opportunity".

If you put her together with all the classic league members that would just create a backlash, and all she would really get out of that would be a wired dream world one shot.

Being a member of the replacement league is usually not really doing much for a character (and she has already done that).

After watching Wakanda Forever I really feel like DC is missing so many opportunities to develop Vixen's history and the minority in the comic.

DC needs to spicy up their lines with new writers who wants to flavor this Mayonnaise Millennials runs.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After watching Wakanda Forever I really feel like DC is missing so many opportunities to develop Vixen's history and the minority in the comic.

DC needs to spicy up their lines with new writers who wants to flavor this Mayonnaise Millennials runs.
    Not even a rumor that a Vixen script is on some producers desk. Nothing. Zip.
    So sad.

At least she finally called herself Vixen in the webtoon.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Geoffrey Thorne was quite vocal in wanting to write more Vixen after the one issue in Truth & Justice, the book just didn't have the sales for DC to notice there's a desire for more Vixen stories. (Apparently T&J didn't have the sales for much of any notice.) What's even sadder is that she's gotten more notice from outside of DC than she has within from JL Unlimited to the CW animated series, the Legends series and now the webtoon. Maybe when DC relaunches the Justice League (as we all know they will eventually) she will be a part of it.

Well since James Gunn loves lesser known characters, I hope Vixen gets a chance at a movie getting green lit.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well since James Gunn loves lesser known characters, I hope Vixen gets a chance at a movie getting green lit.
    When I look at the kind of characters Gunn has typically in his movies I think charters like Lobo, Etrigan, Hitman or
    Section Eight would more his thing than Vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Geoffrey Thorne was quite vocal in wanting to write more Vixen after the one issue in Truth & Justice, the book just didn't have the sales for DC to notice there's a desire for more Vixen stories. (Apparently T&J didn't have the sales for much of any notice.) What's even sadder is that she's gotten more notice from outside of DC than she has within from JL Unlimited to the CW animated series, the Legends series and now the webtoon. Maybe when DC relaunches the Justice League (as we all know they will eventually) she will be a part of it.
    I'm kind of glad the T&J costume didn't catch on though...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Geoffrey Thorne was quite vocal in wanting to write more Vixen after the one issue in Truth & Justice, the book just didn't have the sales for DC to notice there's a desire for more Vixen stories.
    If I look at the views of her webtoon series, that are substantially lower than the ones than the ones for Zatanna and Red Hood and The Outlaws (characters that typically are not exactly high sellers) I don't have the impresssion that there is really a big demand for a Vixen comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If I look at the views of her webtoon series, that are substantially lower than the ones than the ones for Zatanna and Red Hood and The Outlaws (characters that typically are not exactly high sellers) I don't have the impresssion that there is really a big demand for a Vixen comic.
    I think she has a strong, if not ferocious, niche.

Ultimate Member

It's hard to do that when most new writers are attacked and not welcomed from the jump.

With their resumes being questioned while certain others are not.

We scream for new blood but then challenge it when it arrives before a single issue is out.

I think she has a strong, if not ferocious, niche.
    You are dealing with a black character that has brick walls against them from the jump.

You got that faction that does not want the character to accomplish anything because they are black.

Then you have management that is either not invested or wants to do as LITTLE as possible in terms of support.

We had Vixen with a webtoon, CW Seed show, CW show gig, JLU and Batman Brave & Bold, Bombshells, Thorne and Franklin's stuff.

What has DC done to capitalize on it? It does not take much.

No thought of a Vixen kids book with her dealing with animals? She, Animal Man, Freedom Beast and Bwana Beast and even Beast Boy could give you a series of kids books dealing with animals.

And they can't say they can't do it-because I have seen way too many DC lead books in school that have NEVER been sold outside of schools with Batman, John Stewart, WW, Superman and even Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    There probably isn’t, the direct market is cutthroat at best towards characters who aren’t A-Listers. I miss the days where something like Ennis Hitman could run for as long as it did, that would never happen now. Vixen needs to be used more outside of comics to get more people interested in her. In retrospect it’s a shame she wasn’t chosen for the New 52 Justice League over Cyborg given she is black, a woman (so WW wouldn’t be the only woman on the team), and not a legacy. She’s not attached to any other teams either, if she had been chosen the attention the reboot brought would have massively risen her profile. I’m hoping that given GL: Beware My Power has her as one of the founding JL members, that means she’ll be part of that upcoming JL: Warworld movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She’s not attached to any other teams either, if she had been chosen the attention the reboot brought would have massively risen her profile.
    It didn't really work for Cyborg (or even Martian Manhunter the original 7th member of the League), and honestly I think making one "obscure" character retroactivly founding member of the JL together is not really something that works well in comics.
    It just always feel of to the readers.

There might be few characters that have enough shared history with the JL, have been long enough arround or are powerfull enough that you could get away with it, but I don't think is on that list.

DC relies more on constant raceswaps than putting on the effort to do anything with a character like Vixen on the big screen.

I'm sorry those Mayonnaise Millennials runs bother you so much.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I miss the days where something like Ennis Hitman could run for as long as it did, that would never happen now.
    Even back than Hitman was pretty much the only series with a new character, who was not really part of any other franchise that went that long. At least outside of imprints like Vertigo.