Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I do want Vixen in another book this year, if not an ongoing solo/team book, at least a mini. She deserves more love.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Would love to see Mari lead the Global Guardians after the “death” of the Justice League!
    As for Truth & Justice....it was initially pitched as a modern day team-up book, but that lasted all of one issue! #1 was BY FAR the best issue of the run.....BY FAR!!
    Other then her uncle and maybe cousin Tabu she should have natural enemies from her connection to Anansi. His stories had him tricking multiple animals, which can written into tribes that hate the holder of totem.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Web toon starring Vixen announced:

https://www.cbr.com/new-titles-red-h...ne-webtoon-dc/

Vixen: NYC by writer Jasmine Walls and lead artist Manou Azumi

Mari Jiwe grew up in a small, seaside town in North Carolina, but upon graduating high school seeks to connect with extended family in Ghana. There, she meets relatives who gift her a mysterious totem, passed down for generations. Immediately upon returning home, she moves to New York for her freshman year of college. Mari hates it. New York is smelly, dirty, and full of even smellier and dirtier animals. Holed up in her room she finally inspects the totem--inadvertently releasing its magic. She is hit with an energy that gives her the power of the animal kingdom...of New York. Mari had a hard enough time navigating college as a normal girl, and now she not only has to figure out how to "adult," but also how to "superhuman." Then women, who look unusually like Mari, are kidnapped across the city. Vixen learns an estranged, distant relative, General Maksai, is on the hunt for her, seeking the crystal for himself. To stop his warpath, Vixen will have to stop him. As she does, she learns the true extent of her abilities. Turns out, she's capable of a lot more than she thought."

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Sounds good! Hope this is a big success and maybe DC will give Vixen a mini in the mainline down the road too!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Cool! A Vixen series .

Seems like an interesting approach of depicting her as an everywoman without the tragic backstory who is only now learning about the Totem. I wonder if she'll have a costume...

I also wonder if Kuasa will show up.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

More Mari fam than you ever expected to see .

Incredible Member

I hope Vixen's webcomic does well i need more Mari. Also interesting to note they're using Ghana here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I hope Vixen's webcomic does well i need more Mari. Also interesting to note they're using Ghana here.
    Yeah, and they said "extended family in Ghana", so I wonder if Zambesi will still be mentioned, like maybe her immediate family is/was in Zambezi but her extended family is in Ghana. Also they are connecting Vixen to North Carolina now, which I don't think she's ever been connected to before.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

So happy for my girl, I would have still liked for her to be a model, who knows maybe that can still happen. I actually like that she was born and raised in the States since I think Mari falls into the trap of being a black character from Africa just b/c she's black unlike Storm.

And this story is mapping a way the amulet, and it's history and her culture could still be an integral part of reference while being born stateside.

I also like that this comic will have a bit of hijinks, the idea that she can only turn into animals in NYC (for now) is hilarious, can't wait to see her be a big a** rat lol.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I'm just glad she's from a real African country this time.

It feels like what her potential Zoom/Ink series would be like.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-07-2022 at 04:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm just glad she's from a real African country this time.
    Same, this series looks like a fun reimagining!

And I agree that it's nice they're focusing on her being American while exploring her ties to West Africa. Vixen's always been a goldmine and I think playing into that second-generation/refugee background distinguishes her from other black characters.

Really looking forward to this. Though I’m raising my eyebrows at her being limited to animals from New York. Unless zoos count.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Omg! The adorableness!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah