Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Yeah, and they said "extended family in Ghana", so I wonder if Zambesi will still be mentioned, like maybe her immediate family is/was in Zambezi but her extended family is in Ghana. Also they are connecting Vixen to North Carolina now, which I don't think she's ever been connected to before.
    Maksai is still a factor so I'm curious how they're going to play out her origin here. Especially since it sounds like she still wasn't raised in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maksai is still a factor so I'm curious how they're going to play out her origin here. Especially since it sounds like she still wasn't raised in Africa.
    Yeah, it sounds like some of us think this comic will show Vixen not being from Zambesi or not being BORN in Africa, but I'm not getting that impression yet.

If they ignore Zambesi entirely, I think it would be weird, just like I think it would be weird if Marvel made a similar comic with Black Panther, totally ignored Wakanda and tried to say that he had extended family in Nigeria or another real African country.

But if this is an Elseworlds-type comic or a comic set in some non-canon universe, then I guess it doesn't matter THAT much, just as long as they don't change the REAL DC Universe's version of Vixen (whatever the REAL DC Universe is, these days).
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm just glad she's from a real African country this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Same, this series looks like a fun reimagining!

And I agree that it's nice they're focusing on her being American while exploring her ties to West Africa. Vixen's always been a goldmine and I think playing into that second-generation/refugee background distinguishes her from other black characters.
    Is her being from Zambesi somehow not an integral part of her character?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

So what existing DC villains could you see as a part of Vixens rogues gallery? I think Floronic man would be a great choice as it would be a Red vs. Green rivalry and Floronic man isn’t tied to any major franchises unlike Posion Ivy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So what existing DC villains could you see as a part of Vixens rogues gallery? I think Floronic man would be a great choice as it would be a Red vs. Green rivalry and Floronic man isn’t tied to any major franchises unlike Posion Ivy.

They could always bring back the Ox(from Mari's JLDetroit days) or a successor to him. I thought he was a cool villain that was killed off way too soon.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Though maybe not technically "existing" since he hasn't been utilized for decades, there's Mordecai Mule, the corrupt businessman who Vixen and Superman went up against in Vixen's first official appearance in Action Comics #521. I think if used again, Mule could be a Lex Luthor/Tobias Whale-type villain for Vixen.

There's also Admiral Carlton Cerebrus (described as a "rogue government agent"), who Vixen and Superman encountered in DC Comics Presents #68.

In addition, there's Hamed Ali (He Who Never Dies), who Vixen and Animal Man went up against in some issues of "Animal Man" in the 1980s. Hamed Ali could be to Vixen what Ras Al Ghul is to Batman or what Vandal Savage is to the Justice League.

And I don't think Vixen going up against Poison Ivy every once in a while would be too much of a problem. At Marvel, Spider-Man and Daredevil seem to share the Kingpin as a major enemy...and the Joker gives Superman and Wonder Woman trouble from time to time. Since these are shared universes, I say share some of the villains, because these villains are bound to piss off or pose a threat to several superheroes once in a while.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-01-2022 at 10:11 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I would say Grodd but having a talking Gorilla as a villain for a Black Woman superhero is gonna cause blowback for obvious reasons. Sports master would be a nice choice since it would play on the poaching theme. Maybe chemo as well to represent pollution.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Queen Bee, Brother Blood, and just because I love him Red Lion.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I would say Grodd but having a talking Gorilla as a villain for a Black Woman superhero is gonna cause blowback for obvious reasons. Sports master would be a nice choice since it would play on the poaching theme. Maybe chemo as well to represent pollution.
    She fought Grodd in Flash Volume 2.

Giving her environmental themed villains feels a bit like Captain Planet. Not that I mind.

My suggestions are Lion-Mane and Animal Mineral Vegetable Man.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She fought Grodd in Flash Volume 2.

Giving her environmental themed villains feels a bit like Captain Planet. Not that I mind.

My suggestions are Lion-Mane and Animal Mineral Vegetable Man.
    The Lion Mane from Batwing would be a great choice for a rogue. I mean look at this!
    84B652C1-1F3E-49AA-A893-A1264FACD40F.jpg
    98F64F07-9634-4BCC-89F5-0F1E92E9D785.jpg

I think Orca would be a great choice for a rogue as well. Batman isn’t losing anything if we take one villain from him that isn’t that famous to begin with unlike poison Ivy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Yeah, I would give her Queen Bee. Supes can keep Queen Zazalla while Mari can keep the JLI version since she hasn't been used since besides YJ. But I would change her name.

Mari will be in the upcoming Green Lantern film starring John
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Might just be a cameo but it’s still cool to see her!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Scraps she deserves more

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Yeah, it's nice to see her, but I suspect she's only in this scene.

Although if we see more of the Tomorrow-verse JL there's the chance she could appear again.