Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

FCBD 2023

Is Pietro rejoining the Avengers?
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ook-day-titles
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    FCBD 2023

Is Pietro rejoining the Avengers?
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ook-day-titles
    Pietro back in action.

Where has he been?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

About time. Now make the twins and Franklin mutants again.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Pietro back in action.

Where has he been?
    He's been in every issue. You just couldn't see him because he was moving so fast...

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    GOD YES. They've dragged their feet long enough on this... I guess it doesn't matter. As far as I'm concerned, they're all still mutants. And what I want is all that matters. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    He's been in every issue. You just couldn't see him because he was moving so fast...
    lol
    Hahaha, yeah, don't we wish!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yes! Please and thank you. Is there anyone out there is happy with the retcon concerning Pietro and Wanda? On another note I dig this costume but I do wish it was blue and white though. Leave the green and white for his nephew Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yes! Please and thank you. Is there anyone out there is happy with the retcon concerning Pietro and Wanda? On another note I dig this costume but I do wish it was blue and white though. Leave the green and white for his nephew Speed.
    For me it's not as important for Wanda to be a mutant, because her powers don't depend on it, and her stories hardly ever revolved around mutant ones until far later. And still don't take up the majority of her time in comics.

For Pietro it's a bit different. His powers make more sense with him being a mutant and his best years as a character were in X-Factor.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Not really, speaking for myself, of course.

But I do think the retcon hasn't been that catastrophic for Pietro and Wanda--they were already pariahs to mutants after M-Day. If anything, seeing the twins work with X-characters now--be it on the Unity Squad or during Trial of Magneto--makes them better heroes as they're doing it without ulterior motives.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    For me it's not as important for Wanda to be a mutant, because her powers don't depend on it, and her stories hardly ever revolved around mutant ones until far later. And still don't take up the majority of her time in comics.

For Pietro it's a bit different. His powers make more sense with him being a mutant and his best years as a character were in X-Factor.
    I'm in the same boat here. They could still keep them as Mutates that the High Evolutinary did experiment on them but that just gave them stronger bodies able to bring out there powers more or something. This can be used to explain why Pietro did not suffer the negative side of Terrigen in Son of M that other Mutants did, his body was built up much like how other Inhumans are even before Terrigenesis.
    Considering that Wanda's solo showed she is part of a mgaic legacy meaning her powers didn't come from him giving Pietro powers from another source (back to his first I guess) should be ok.

Astonishing Member

And make them the children of Magneto again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Hahaha, yeah, don't we wish!
    They should totally do a Giant-Size QUICKSILVER issue and make it like "The Zeppo" episode of Buffy and show how, in his speedster way, Pietro participated in major events but wasn't seen...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I hope they show Pietro working well with his teammates and give him some focus in the book.

I hope they show Pietro working well with his teammates and give him some focus in the book.
    I agree....it’s time to carry on with the more mature, kinder Pietro that came out of the last mini-series. He can still have his moments, but he NEEDS this growth!
    I hope said growth is also very evident in Wanda’s new book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I agree....it’s time to carry on with the more mature, kinder Pietro that came out of the last mini-series. He can still have his moments, but he NEEDS this growth!
    I hope said growth is also very evident in Wanda’s new book.
    Agreed, but too often whenever a writer develops a character like that, it just gets ignored later on. Look at how many times Hank Pym has been redeemed by good writers like Kurt Busiek and Mark Waid, only to be portrayed as wife beating jerk again six months later.