Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's see how far this "real" Batman can go .
    He died in Justice League #75

I’ll take this “fake” Batman over the current years-long depiction of the “real” Batman.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Oh, I meant "real" Batman in terms of the fact that he's supposed to be more grounded, real to Earth, take on Batman and the DCU than normal Batman.

Like the guy who wants to just deal with normal crimes and not fighting Despero at any single point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, I meant "real" Batman in terms of the fact that he's supposed to be more grounded, real to Earth, take on Batman and the DCU than normal Batman.

Like the guy who wants to just deal with normal crimes and not fighting Despero at any single point.
    Here’s the problem, Jace doesn’t exist on his own earth. He lives in the dc universe and he’s decided to dress up as one of THE top superheroes possible. and Again he’s done this in a world full of evil aliens, super powered criminals, demons, magic, gods, New Gods, other dimensions, speed force, emotional spectrums, and etc.

It’s true that Jace can and should focus on more street crime, but at some point he’s going to deal with the more fantastical side of things. Because eventually it will come for him, mark my words some villain that Bruce PO’d will come for Jace to make an example.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Gotcha. Sorry, I’m used to seeing people **** on Jace because he’s not Bruce and goes by Batman. I know you’re not one of those people. What you said is a big reason I’m into I Am Batman. I wish they would ground Bruce more in real-life crime situations.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Here’s the problem, Jace doesn’t exist on his own earth. He lives in the dc universe and he’s decided to dress up as one of THE top superheroes possible. and Again he’s done this in a world full of evil aliens, super powered criminals, demons, magic, gods, New Gods, other dimensions, speed force, emotional spectrums, and etc.

It’s true that Jace can and should focus on more street crime, but at some point he’s going to deal with the more fantastical side of things. Because eventually it will come for him, mark my words some villain that Bruce PO’d will come for Jace to make an example.
    I hear you. I just don’t want that to become the majority of Jace’s stories. It feels like Bruce is so busy with that stuff, when is he actually fighting crime in Gotham? And not just the Joker, Riddler, etc. or some new character from his past seeking revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I hear you. I just don’t want that to become the majority of Jace’s stories. It feels like Bruce is so busy with that stuff, when is he actually fighting crime in Gotham? And not just the Joker, Riddler, etc. or some new character from his past seeking revenge.
    As someone interested in seeing what Zdarsky will do, I gotta say I groaned when I read that the new villain “Failsafe” is yet another mysterious bad guy with connections to Bruce’s past. One thing I like about Jace is so far we haven’t gotten the “every person Jace bumped into in the hallway at high school went on to become a super villain” that’s become ubiquitous for Bruce.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I hear you. I just donÂ’t want that to become the majority of JaceÂ’s stories. It feels like Bruce is so busy with that stuff, when is he actually fighting crime in Gotham? And not just the Joker, Riddler, etc. or some new character from his past seeking revenge.
    I agree I just think it’s impossible for a character, any character especially a legacy character utilizing a big name, to avoid the wider dc universe. If they are smart they won’t let it derail from Jace’s personal adventures and story of being a man of the people.

Honestly the way I see it the fact that Jace already isn’t getting into things like teacups or crossovers is astonishing and shows a bit of restraint on dc/possible respect for Ridley not to mess with his vision. Jon’s been crossing over since issue 1, Yara and Jo have had some big adventures. I’m not counting fear state, he was barely in that, he did his own thing for the entire story, and the shot of him and the batfamily made zero sense considering at no point did any of them team up.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-22-2022 at 07:12 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think, to me, it's a matter of Ridley's vision and what he wants to do and how much that might define Jace as a character. But maybe he's going for a slow-burn.

I agree I just think it’s impossible for a character, any character especially a legacy character utilizing a big name, to avoid the wider dc universe. If they are smart they won’t let it derail from Jace’s personal adventures and story of being a man of the people.

Honestly the way I see it the fact that Jace already isn’t getting into things like teacups or crossovers is astonishing and shows a bit of restraint on dc/possible respect for Ridley not to mess with his vision. Jon’s been crossing over since issue 1, Yara and Jo have had some big adventures. I’m not counting fear state, he was barely in that, he did his own thing for the entire story, and the shot of him and the batfamily made zero sense considering at no point did any of them team up.
    That’s Tom Taylor’s doing I suspect, although Jon has been crossing over since his inception - he was literally born in a crossover event after all - and Yara/Jo had their books end so they needed a place to go to stay in the spotlight. But yeah if Jace is going to persist beyond Ridley, other creators are going to have to take an interest in him and use him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s Tom Taylor’s doing I suspect, although Jon has been crossing over since his inception - he was literally born in a crossover event after all - and Yara/Jo had their books end so they needed a place to go to stay in the spotlight. But yeah if Jace is going to persist beyond Ridley, other creators are going to have to take an interest in him and use him.
    Taylor does love his guest appearances.

Yeah I say let Jace meet someone crazy. Another good one could be Detective Chimp, Chimps a member of the Justice League so to speak and how funny would it be to see our new Batman respond to something as weird as a talking closed monkey detective who carries a magic sword
    That would be amazing.

If Jace has to go that route eventually, I’d be interested in seeing him go up against Luke’s foe, Menace. It would probably make the most sense if Menace somehow found out the NYC Batman is Luke’s brother or mistakes Jace for Luke thinking Luke went from being Batwing to the NYC Batman. And then this results in Jace learning Luke is Batwing and vice versa.

If Jace has to go that route eventually, I’d be interested in seeing him go up against Luke’s foe, Menace. It would probably make the most sense if Menace somehow found out the NYC Batman is Luke’s brother or mistakes Jace for Luke thinking Luke went from being Batwing to the NYC Batman. And then this results in Jace learning Luke is Batwing and vice versa.
    Oh yeah…I guess both brothers still don’t know the other is a masked vigilante huh?
    Words to live by.

Oh yeah…I guess both brothers still don’t know the other is a masked vigilante huh?
    Jace and Lucious made up so I’m assuming he and Luke will come to accept each other at some point. But maybe there will still be a point of contention in that Luke is close to the Gotham Batfamily and Jace wants no part of that group.