Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jace is teaming up with Renee Montoya as the Question in I Am Batman issue 13

Hmm...

- I don't like Renee traipsing around as a vigilante while she's a commissioner (which, granted, writers haven't really done much with). Ridley's use of her has been kind of inconsistent as is. If she's actively in the force I don't think she should be the Question.

- No costume Question feels off. Renee has a suit, not just a mask.

- I question if we need two active Questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So hypothetical question thought experiment: If they gave Jace a tv show or movie, would you prefer animated or live action and who would you put as Jace (voice actor or live action actor)?

Personally I think DC does better animated material so I’d like to see an animated series about Jace. I’m just unsure who would voice him, I feel like Khary Payton because I like his Kaldur in Young Justice and Cyborg in Teen Titans.
    Gary Sturgis or Ike Amadi.

That’s cool, Ridley has history writing Renee in this and Other History of the DC universe. Odd after the whole anti-vigilante thing as Gotham’s new commissioner that she’s question again but I’m sure it will be addressed.
    That was an editorial mandate apparently, she was probably going to be the 5G Gotham Commissioner. Wonder how long they’ll keep Renee as Comish if they’re letting her be Question again.
    So hypothetical question thought experiment: If they gave Jace a tv show or movie, would you prefer animated or live action and who would you put as Jace (voice actor or live action actor)?

Personally I think DC does better animated material so I’d like to see an animated series about Jace. I’m just unsure who would voice him, I feel like Khary Payton because I like his Kaldur in Young Justice and Cyborg in Teen Titans.
    He’d be better served in animation because the only place that could get to do a live action non-Bruce Batman project would be the CW. Really they should do a 5G animated universe starting with Jace, Jon, Yara, and the rest forming a new JL. As for VAs, I’d go with Ike Amadi too just like Frontier. Loved him as Javik in ME3 and as Martian Manhunter in Man of Tomorrow. Otherwise James C. Mathis III.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That was an editorial mandate apparently, she was probably going to be the 5G Gotham Commissioner. Wonder how long they’ll keep Renee as Comish if they’re letting her be Question again.
    Hopefully not long. I don't think she should be a police commissioner if she's going to moonlight as a vigilante.
    He’d be better served in animation because the only place that could get to do a live action non-Bruce Batman project would be the CW. Really they should do a 5G animated universe starting with Jace, Jon, Yara, and the rest forming a new JL. As for VAs, I’d go with Ike Amadi too just like Frontier. Loved him as Javik in ME3 and as Martian Manhunter in Man of Tomorrow. Otherwise James C. Mathis III.
    This is kind of funny in light of Ridley writing BP (and not all that well) .

Timmy- I mean Jace is in New York sooo I don’t expect her being Commissioner to factor in much. ‘Cause that’s in Gotham.

Yusuf Gatewood in either live action or animation. John David Washington also works but idk if he'd do animated series.

I'm fine with either live action or amimation. Jace's adventures have been grounded so far so I don’t see live action as that big a deal personally.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-19-2022 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Timmy- I mean Jace is in New York sooo I don’t expect her being Commissioner to factor in much. ‘Cause that’s in Gotham.
    Which is why I don't think she should be the Question and a police commissioner.

I actually think it could make for an interesting story focusing on Renee as both the Question and commissioner. The two roles are incompatible. So, what does she do? I’d read it.

So, does the Anarky murder bring Jace back to Gotham or has Renee found a connection to NYC? Probably the latter.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I actually think it could make for an interesting story focusing on Renee as both the Question and commissioner. The two roles are incompatible. So, what does she do? I’d read it.

So, does the Anarky murder bring Jace back to Gotham or has Renee found a connection to NYC? Probably the latter.
    I think she wouldn't do both on principle, but that's just me.

Just finished issue #3. I have been way behind on this series. From issue #1 to #3 I really like it so far. Going in I had my doubts but the writing is great in my opinion.

I am far from caught up with the series but from what I have read so far I see what Jace is trying to do. Kind of cool.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Just finished issue #3. I have been way behind on this series. From issue #1 to #3 I really like it so far. Going in I had my doubts but the writing is great in my opinion.

I am far from caught up with the series but from what I have read so far I see what Jace is trying to do. Kind of cool.
    I think you’ll really enjoy it when you hit the arc starting in #6.

I think you’ll really enjoy it when you hit the arc starting in #6.
    I just cant believe I waited this long but I am loving that I have every issue and I am reading them all by tonight. On issue #4 now. It is just a great series.

I honestly thought going into this series that I would not like it. I thought why do we need another Batman, especially a look a like. I was very wrong. This is awesome.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I just cant believe I waited this long but I am loving that I have every issue and I am reading them all by tonight. On issue #4 now. It is just a great series.

I honestly thought going into this series that I would not like it. I thought why do we need another Batman, especially a look a like. I was very wrong. This is awesome.
    I jumped onboard with #6. I’m really enjoying the world Ridley is building for Jace and the supporting characters he’s introduced.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 06-28-2022 at 02:56 PM.

I jumped onboard with #6. I’m really enjoying the world Ridley is building for Jace and the supporting characters he’s introduced.
    I am on issue #7. This series is great. Will finish series by today. I am hooked.

Finally caught up with the series. I love it. Very different from what I thought it was going to be.

Really looking forward to next issue.

Jace is getting a statue. I don’t collect statues but it does look nice.

https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...with-dc-direct