Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did they know Batwoman was cancelled when they decided to do this? Because if not it seems very odd, having him ditch the Batwing identity when his TV counterpart was actively using it.

Also, the fact this discussion is in Jace's thread, shows how little action comics Luke has seen lately. No appreciation thread of his own!
    Nobody ever cared about Luke or the other Foxes truth be told.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nobody ever cared about Luke or the other Foxes truth be told.
    I hear folks say this about a lot of characters and get shocked when folks actually do care as Antman, Squirrel Girl, Static and many others have shown.

It's on the comic book side to take advantage of that outside exposure because is nobody really cared Luke would not have 3 action figures and been on a tv show. Nor would Jace have his fugure.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did they know Batwoman was cancelled when they decided to do this? Because if not it seems very odd, having him ditch the Batwing identity when his TV counterpart was actively using it.

Also, the fact this discussion is in Jace's thread, shows how little action comics Luke has seen lately. No appreciation thread of his own!
    Synergy with the Arrowverse has always been wonky. Sometimes for the best; other times it was just odd. Batwoman was canceled like three months ago, so maybe it was brought it in on time, but it feels very last second. Nor, do I think it makes sense because if anyone learns who Luke is and wants to read about him, he's no longer Batwing.

But back to Jace... I wonder how long it'll be until he gets an appearance outside of the comics. Hopefully, he ends up better than Jean-Paul when it comes to non-comics exposure.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Gotham Knights (the game) would have been a natural place for him to appear. Too bad he missed the boat on that. Not sure where else he could show up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That game has four playable characters, makes sense they went with Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood and Robin for that. Maybe they could add more as DLC? Batwing, Next Batman, Spoiler, Cassandra Cain, Damian Wayne, and Batwoman were all left out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Gotham Knights (the game) would have been a natural place for him to appear. Too bad he missed the boat on that. Not sure where else he could show up.
    I think the only problem with Jace there is that he's supposed to be Batman and wouldn't fit in a story about the sidekicks having to make do without Batman.

Luke's new outfit is lame but hopefully another artist can change my mind. I'm surprised he didn't pop up more in Second Son but I'm sure Ridley has his reasons.

Jace could work in Gotham Knight but as a foil for Dick and the other leads. He's critical of Batman but doesn't have a personal connection to Bruce Wayne. There is a lot you could do with him outside of being Batman (insert numeral).

Fantastic Member

Regarding Luke's new suit, while it does look feline, I'm thinking they are going to go with a fox theme. They've done that before with him. But the costume change and I'm guessing codename change aren't good signs that DC has any idea what to do with Luke. It also makes me wonder if they will eventually change Jace's codename from Batman to Batwing. Makes little sense to put that codename on the shelf, or that Batsuit.

I could definitely see a video game as being an easy way to introduce Jace to a wider audience. Also an animated film, like how Batwing was in Batman: Bad Blood. It would be trickier live action, but one place they could do it would be Titans, that is if the series survives the WB Discovery ax. With the Titans creators being reluctant to put their Bruce Wayne in the suit, that leaves the door open to bring in Jace as Batman.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 08-26-2022 at 03:15 AM.

Yo! I have a long flight so it's time to catch up on Jace's adventures.

I've been buying his solo every month so I'm good there, but I'm curious if he has been featured in any other books. It seems he's on the cover of the new crossover event?
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post

I've been buying his solo every month so I'm good there, but I'm curious if he has been featured in any other books. It seems he's on the cover of the new crossover event?
    He really only cameos for the first issue, he might show up more soon and he’s getting a tie-in but right now he’s not been in much of Dark Crisis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post

99% chance he shows up in Dark Crisis, but outside a cameo in the first issue he has not yet. Otherwise there’s the Future State Gotham book, black and white story set in the Future State timeline, you could try that book and see if you enjoy it.

Speaking of Dark Crisis, it looks like the new League Jace is on after the event ends will be called the “Legacy League”

Preview for Flashpoint Beyond #5

Speaking of Dark Crisis, it looks like the new League Jace is on after the event ends will be called the “Legacy League”

Preview for Flashpoint Beyond #5
    I wonder if they'll stick around after Dark Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll stick around after Dark Crisis.
    I think that’s confirmation they will, haha.

New Ridley interview

It has preview pages for #13 also.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 09-06-2022 at 06:02 PM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka