Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

A thought just hit me...

With David Zaslav almost anything is possible at Warner Bros., and by extension, at DC.

So he wants to do this new 10-year plan. Okay, say he wants to have Jon as Superman, Yara as Wonder Girl (Wonder Woman)... and to round it out he may go with Jace as Batman. And you cannot say that he won't do something, because it's apparent he will do anything he wants.

Of course, I've always felt that Jon could easily be done in live-action, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if they did go with him. The same with Yara, and she would be an easy one, even easier than Jon.

When it comes to Batman though... I was thinking: they already have Robert Pattinson and his and Matt Reeves' Batman, and that's not going away until it's done, regardless of whatever this new 10-year plan is...

So they probably were going to have two versions of Batman going on at least for a short amount of time.

So if they want to go with Jon, Yara and Jace for a new Trinity in the movies, I could see that happening. Because Jace would be a sufficiently different enough version of Batman to Robert Pattinson's Batman. So instead of two slightly different versions of Batman, on two separate Earths, you could have two truly different versions of Batman, on two separate Earths. And of course two separate Earths is the key here, and the all important thing.

And normally I would say there's next to zero chance of Warner Bros. doing anything in live-action with Jace. But that's before I saw what David Zaslav is capable of, and I see that that dude gives zero f*cks.

I like him, he is not boring.

So yeah, I could see a live-action Jace Batman...in this new 10-year plan.

Yes, the comic book market has rejected his book (and I imagine that happened at it's inception). But that's the comic book market. The Black Panther's book sells and has always sold poorly in the comic book market. The movie though is a billion dollar movie, and is the sixth biggest thing that Marvel has ever done. Only behind the Avengers movies, and just recently it took three Spider-Men to top one Black Panther. And Miles Morales is going to have three animated movies, but of course Peter Parker rules in the comic book market, and of course does great in the movies too.

Anyway, when it comes to Black characters, there's the super-hero comic book market, and then there's the rest of the world.

So I could see Jace happening in a movie... now that I see what David Zaslav is like.

And of course, this would be a way for me to get what I really want, a THE NEXT BATMAN: SECOND SON HBO Max series.

That was literally written like a weekly television series, by a person whose day job is that of a screenwriter. So yeah, get Academy Award winner John Ridley to write a Second Son HBO Max series too. And like the comic, have that serve as the origin to a live-action Jace Batman in the new DC movies... if that's the direction they want to go.

Idris Elba is rumored to be doing a prequel project for The Suicide Squad at HBO Max. So yeah...

Anyway, just a thought.

It would be kind of cool to me if they did that, but if not, oh well, no big deal... and there's still the possibility of Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Superman, and I would absolutely love for that to happen. And David Zaslav is a fan of JJ Abrams, so the project is not dead yet. And that of course would be it's own thing, like the Joker and like The Batman.

And thank you, David Zaslav, for greenlighing Joker: Folie à Deux. You are obviously a man with class and impeccable taste. Now just do Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Superman, and get John Ridley to write a Second Son HBO Max series.

EDIT:

Oh, and Trevante Rhodes is someone I could see playing Jace.

Although, he's already 32, so, yeah...they need to get on it if they were to do anything like that.
    Last edited by Isaac Lawrence; 08-12-2022 at 07:43 AM. Reason: because Trevante Rhodes might make a good Jace

90s homage variant cover for I Am Batman #15

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Nice! Who's the artist?
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Nice! Who's the artist?
    Khary Randolph
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Reminds me of the current War of the Batmen in Future State...

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Damn this is totally a meeting that should happen. 2 successors of the Bat from completely different generations and backgrounds.

I feel like JPV could give some good advice to Jace from his own personal experience being Batman.

Astonishing Member

I AM BATMAN #15
    Written by JOHN RIDLEY
    Art by KARL MOSTERT
    Cover by CHRISTIAN DUCE
    Variant cover by JEFF SPOKES
    1:25 variant cover by CANAAN WHITE
    '90s Cover Month variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/8/22
    A Dark Crisis tie-in issue! When Jon Kent first asked Jace Fox to join the new Justice League, the answer was a firm no. But as Deathstroke and the Legion of Doom hunt the heroes of the DCU Jace learns the hard way that there are some fights from which Batman cannot run, and the only thing he has to fear…is fear itself!
    Apparently, Jace will not participate in the events of Dark Crisis until at least the sixth, or maybe even until the seventh (final) issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Apparently, Jace will not participate in the events of Dark Crisis until at least the sixth, or maybe even until the seventh (final) issue.
    Joshua Williamson only said he was absent from issues number… 2 and 3. So I wouldn’t take that solicitation thingymajigger too literal.

Jace getting his own TV show would be awesome.

Fantastic Member

That is sweet.

So interesting thing happened today, I guess because Jace is Batman dc wants Luke to abandon the Batwing identity. Because Luke in Harley Quinn has hanged it up and has a new outfit.

But yeah DC just made Jace the only Bat out of the two brothers.

Last edited by sifighter; 08-23-2022 at 09:32 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So interesting thing happened today, I guess because Jace is Batman dc wants Luke to abandon the Batwing identity. Because Luke in Harley Quinn has hanged it up and has a new outfit.

But yeah DC just made Jace the only Bat out of the two brothers.

First of all, as someone who's a complete sucker for some animal/animal-motif-ed costumes/get-ups, and who loves the liquid-metal aesthetic, and who likes costumes/masks that inexplicable change body shape/color (looks cool and helps with believably holding a secret costumed identity), I love this visually. Like, I really love the look!

It's also fun that they seem to finally be dipping Luke's toes back into his MMA Champion background, a part of Luke's character and characterization (including the sense of freedom being an MMA fighter gave him) that has long been neglected in favor of pairing him down next to those who he had been featured alongside over the years since his solo ended. (I'd love to see him and Bronze Tiger square off; they young prodigy fighter and champion versus the experienced prodigy fighter and martial artist. Would be so cool, and a nice way to open them up to interacting. More Black characters interacting with other Black characters is always great.)

On the other hand... Luke as Batwing is freaking Iron Man as a MMA Champion but in the awesomeness that is the Batverse! Legit, that means something, regardless of how many people hated on Luke or slept on his obvious potential. To the point where even if he's apparently not going to be Batwing (for the again'th time, might I add...), he should still be in a self-built mech suit. Not doing so is really missing out on the Mech-suit Martial Artist here.

And as it stands, in regards to the idea of Luke needing to be differentiated from Jace's Batman, Luke has been co-existing more or less with Bruce's Batman since his inception. I'm not sure why Luke couldn't do the same with Jace's, brother or no, especially with Jace operating within his own sphere of orbit.

It's just, I'm reluctant to have to lose a character and concept as ultracool as Luke Fox's tech suit Batwing. No matter how much I love the visual and aesthetic of his new fit.

His new costume is terrible.
    Why this is happening in a Harley Quinn book of all places?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Lol is he the new Catman or something? Weird that they wouldn’t just let him keep being Batwing and simply have him and Jace patch things up between each other.