Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Here’s the problem, Jace doesn’t exist on his own earth. He lives in the dc universe and he’s decided to dress up as one of THE top superheroes possible. and Again he’s done this in a world full of evil aliens, super powered criminals, demons, magic, gods, New Gods, other dimensions, speed force, emotional spectrums, and etc.

It’s true that Jace can and should focus on more street crime, but at some point he’s going to deal with the more fantastical side of things. Because eventually it will come for him, mark my words some villain that Bruce PO’d will come for Jace to make an example.
    Hes doing dis in Dark Crisis correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think, to me, it's a matter of Ridley's vision and what he wants to do and how much that might define Jace as a character. But maybe he's going for a slow-burn.
    Perhaps, but his slow burn pace is suffocating for the Black Panther book Ridley is doing. The pace in his Batman book is actually better.

Nvm I lost my train of thought. Carry on
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-24-2022 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    If Jace has to go that route eventually, I’d be interested in seeing him go up against Luke’s foe, Menace. It would probably make the most sense if Menace somehow found out the NYC Batman is Luke’s brother or mistakes Jace for Luke thinking Luke went from being Batwing to the NYC Batman. And then this results in Jace learning Luke is Batwing and vice versa.
    Thinking about it some more, it’d be interesting to see Jace take on Menace since he’s the one who poisoned Tam. I wonder if Jace knows it was Menace. I have to imagine Jace would’ve asked who poisoned Tam.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

From Williamson’s Twitter. Looks like Jace will be interacting with the wider DCU after all starting in Nov. think there’s a good chance we get a take on the FS JL after all at the end of Dark Crisis.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Going to be interesting seeing him react to the death of a guy he didn't know (and didn't seem to respect that much?) and being expected to step up to his level in-spite of that.

Good news: I Am Batman will still be going come November.

Bad news (IMO): It's being drawn into Dark Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Going to be interesting seeing him react to the death of a guy he didn't know (and didn't seem to respect that much?) and being expected to step up to his level in-spite of that.
    What makes you think Jace doesn't respect Bruce that much? I've only read through Future State: Batman, Second Son, and I Am Batman once. So, there could be things I'm forgetting.

What makes you think Jace doesn't respect Bruce that much? I've only read through Future State: Batman, Second Son, and I Am Batman once. So, there could be things I'm forgetting.
    He seemed like he respected him more in Future State but present-day Jace seems to just see Batman as a propaganda tool who didn't really accomplish much? He seemed kind of oblivious or out of touch to a lot of what Batman normally did.

In fairness Jace has no idea Bruce is Batman, he just thinks that Batman is Bruce Wayne’s personal tool based on finding bat-gear in the basement. Honestly he and Bruce have yet to even interact
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

In canon he and Bruce haven’t even talked which does feel like something that needs to happen at some point. Personally I hope they don’t come to terms, I think Jace needs to be on the outs with Bruce and his Batfamily in order to stand on his own. Bruce tolerating but disliking him, and Jace not thinking highly of Bruce in return feels like the best scenario going forward.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I too hope Jace doesn't become part of the Batfamily. Sucks that they did that with Kate Kane. Unfortunately, though, it's probably only a matter of time before editorial mandates it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Good news: I Am Batman will still be going come November.

Bad news (IMO): It's being drawn into Dark Crisis.
    I know you said in your opinion and I'm not trying to change that, but I do think it's a goood think Jace will finally get some importance outside of what Ridley has been writing as he really hasn't interracted with the wider DCU at all since future state ended. I am Batman has been so self contained so far it could all easily be ignored if the run ended this month. Him having some big moments in this event could be good for his long term development.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    In canon he and Bruce haven’t even talked which does feel like something that needs to happen at some point. Personally I hope they don’t come to terms, I think Jace needs to be on the outs with Bruce and his Batfamily in order to stand on his own. Bruce tolerating but disliking him, and Jace not thinking highly of Bruce in return feels like the best scenario going forward.
    To be honest that feels good from a character perspective but could come off making Jace seem a little unlikable if they don't handle it right.

But he has, like, no real place in the Batfamily.

Extraordinary Member

I too hope Jace doesn't become part of the Batfamily. Sucks that they did that with Kate Kane. Unfortunately, though, it's probably only a matter of time before editorial mandates it.
    Don't know, I think a character should either be part of the Batfamily or not use the Batlogo/-name.