Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nobody ever cared about Luke or the other Foxes truth be told.
    Actually I never got over Tiffany Fox as batgirl and it looks like we’re on the right path for it now !!!

I really enjoyed #13. Can’t wait for #14.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

It's a great issue. Jace's a good character. He feels like he needs to be a creator owned comic like Ex Machina from back in the day. But Zdarsky did a crime focused run on Daredevil so I get what Ridley was going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I really enjoyed #13. Can’t wait for #14.
    #13 was another great issue. Hayidah’s background is really interesting because it mirrors Jace’s. Like him she’s a “killer” albeit an indirect one. She let her father die at the hands of his rivals after coming home and seeing him beat the hell out of her mother. After that she resolved to never just stand by and let evil happen, guilt is a big part of who she is just like with Jace. Tiffany also is well on her way towards becoming “Robin”, or whatever the equivalent she’ll be for Jace.

Jace himself is really struggling with the detective side of being Batman. Frankly he kind of sucks at it. He fingers Keenan as the one responsible for killing all the activists, but he doesn’t have any real plan for proving it besides trying to bait Keenan into a confession, which fails as Keenan is adamant he isn’t responsible (at least for some). And he’s also getting a taste of the bad publicity that comes with being Batman, he’ll have to learn to take criticism without letting it get to him like Bruce does if he wants to carry on.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

It’s certainly a different take to have a Batman who isn’t very good at being a detective. They really feels like it might hobble him going forward unless he puts in some work to improve that side of things.

I like that Jace is struggling with being a detective. It gives us the chance to watch him grow. I’m glad the Keenan/Chan thing has taken a turn. Not because I like Keenan, which I don’t, but because it makes it more interesting. Do we know who the guy in the hood is who says, “You will pay”? Loving all the different plot threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I like that Jace is struggling with being a detective. It gives us the chance to watch him grow. I’m glad the Keenan/Chan thing has taken a turn. Not because I like Keenan, which I don’t, but because it makes it more interesting. Do we know who the guy in the hood is who says, “You will pay”? Loving all the different plot threads.
    No that seems to be a new player, likely either someone connected to the man Jace killed drunk driving or someone he antagonized during his travels abroad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

No that seems to be a new player, likely either someone connected to the man Jace killed drunk driving or someone he antagonized during his travels abroad.
    Didn't Acevedo's son threaten Tanya Fox in Second Son?

Forgot about the son. Yeah, he told Tanya she bought a world of pain when his mother took the settlement.

I AM BATMAN #16

Written by JOHN RIDLEY
    Art and cover by CHRISTIAN DUCE
    Variant cover by JESÚS MERINO
    1:25 variant cover by CULLY HAMNER
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 12/13/22
    Though the Fox family has always excelled at keeping secrets from one another, a seemingly random act of violence sets them on a collision course with a painful truth with which there may be no reconciliation.
    Looks like it’s Luke’s turn to be the prodigal son.

Looks like it’s Luke’s turn to be the prodigal son.
    Would it be better for him to show up in his cat suit or as Batwing?

Great art. DC needs to hire this artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Would it be better for him to show up in his cat suit or as Batwing?
    Anything but that fox suit.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ya know I've been reading O'Neal's classic Question series and really loving it, I feel like Jace would benefit really well from that series more episodic approach.

It reminds me my biggest issue with the series is that Ridley's writing is incredibly glacial and the result is Jace barely gets anything done because of how overtly serialized it is. Like 12 issues and Jace has noticeably dealt with is the one paramilitary group, and a serial killer. Meanwhile Question has handled 5 serial killers in like 5 issues.

Like I'm not trying to brag that Question is better than IAB, but I feel like more quick-aced 1-3 issue length stories might help Jace get his footing better, helping him meet a greater cavalcade of unique and weird individuals for more fantastical scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ya know I've been reading O'Neal's classic Question series and really loving it, I feel like Jace would benefit really well from that series more episodic approach.

It reminds me my biggest issue with the series is that Ridley's writing is incredibly glacial and the result is Jace barely gets anything done because of how overtly serialized it is. Like 12 issues and Jace has noticeably dealt with is the one paramilitary group, and a serial killer. Meanwhile Question has handled 5 serial killers in like 5 issues.

Like I'm not trying to brag that Question is better than IAB, but I feel like more quick-aced 1-3 issue length stories might help Jace get his footing better, helping him meet a greater cavalcade of unique and weird individuals for more fantastical scenarios.
    I'd be cool with shorter arcs and one-off issues with longer term plot threads, like Tiff's journey to vigilantism, running through them. It's how comics used to be before decompression and everything getting collected in a trade.