Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what I think this arc and dark crisis are actually going to do for Jace? It’s going to lead to “quit comparing to the guy in Gotham” argument ie, growing pains.

Because this arc is about Jace being asked by the police to solve a psycho murderer...but Jace hasn’t actually proven he’s in anyway shape or form a detective or really any experience handling people like this. They just assume because he’s Batman that he’s up for the task, not because he’s proven he capable.

Dark Crisis though I joke about it might actually touch on the fact that Jace doesn’t have crazy gadgets like Bruce. Jace doesn’t exactly have a Hellbat suit, a black lantern ring, contingency plans, or literally anything else then what he has on him. But others are probably going to go “well he’s Batman he must have a plan or something.”

Whether that’s good for Jace’s character to explore those concepts is a wait and see
    It's inevitable so doing it sooner is better than later.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's inevitable so doing it sooner is better than later.
    What's the Batman: Endgame (Haha!) here my friends? DC saying Jace is a less useful Batman than Bruce? Or him improving to get to Bruce's level when on that scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    What's the Batman: Endgame (Haha!) here my friends? DC saying Jace is a less useful Batman than Bruce? Or him improving to get to Bruce's level when on that scale?
    I feel like his portrayal in Future State was the Endgame. So getting him there feels like the goal. It doesn't have to be an exact one to one.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-05-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Well honestly I think it really goes to the heart of the question after “what does being Batman mean for Jace?” is the question of how he fits and folds himself into the dc universe at large.

Batman (Bruce) is described outside of Batman comics as one of the smartest people on the planet, with vast resources and contingencies to deal with whatever may come his way in terms of big villains or people with genuine superpowers, magic, gods or aliens. Jace lives in this crazy comic world and if he’s going to be Batman eventually we are going to have to see how differently he handles these situations.

He’s fought criminals but they’ve been men with guns or power armor, what about a legitimate established villain?What does Jace do once he comes into contact with someone on the level of Zatanna or Constantine? What does Jace do when he first meets the Justice League? If he’s going to be his own Batman then the question begs how does he handle this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I feel like his portrayal in Future State was the Endgame. So getting him there feels like the goal. It doesn't have to be an exact one to one.
    Yeah the level he’s at by the time of FS JL feels like the level of competency they’re building towards. Dunno if I want him to be able to pull bullshit out of his ass or be a prep time god like Bruce, I personally find those traits annoying in Bruce.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So is anyone going to tell John Ridley he named Jace's first villain after a spongebob character?

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So is anyone going to tell John Ridley he named Jace's first villain after a spongebob character?

Lol he's a real Batman now. I'm hoping Jace meets some real weird villians soon.

I swear there was a Man-Ray between the big two already...

Jace in variants for Dark Crisis #1

Wow IAB has really kicked it up a notch since the move to NYC. We get more of what makes Jace different from Bruce. He’s not interested at first in investigating the “weird” crimes, especially if they target the rich, but he has no problem apologizing when he realizes this is something he needs to take a look at later on. Also the Manray reference is about the Dadaist artist not Spongebob
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Wow IAB has really kicked it up a notch since the move to NYC. We get more of what makes Jace different from Bruce. He’s not interested at first in investigating the “weird” crimes, especially if they target the rich, but he has no problem apologizing when he realizes this is something he needs to take a look at later on. Also the Manray reference is about the Dadaist artist not Spongebob
    Unfortunately I am a man with no artistic learning, so my brain jumped immediately to spongebob
    Words to live by.

In OG!Miles Morales fashion of carrying on the legacy of a guy he's never even met or knows very well .

I thought it was very funny how Jace just walks away from the cops in plain view instead of ghosting them like Bruce does

I thought it was very funny how Jace just walks away from the cops in plain view instead of ghosting them like Bruce does
    Cop: “So is this the part where you disappear out of sight now that we are done talking?”

Jace: “What? No, that’s incredibly rude.”

Cop: “Then how are you leaving?”

Jace: “I’m parked right over there. I can give you a lift if you need one?”
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-08-2022 at 05:35 PM.
    Words to live by.

Cop: “So is this the part where you disappear out of sight now that we are done talking?”

Jace: “What? No, that’s incredibly rude.”

Cop: “Then how are you leaving?”

Jace: “I’m parked right over there. I can give you a lift if you need one?”
    That's what Jean Paul-Valley said .

Yeah the level he’s at by the time of FS JL feels like the level of competency they’re building towards. Dunno if I want him to be able to pull bullshit out of his ass or be a prep time god like Bruce, I personally find those traits annoying in Bruce.
    I understand what you mean. I really look forward to seeing what happens when a regular guy is on the path to push himself to meet his own maximum potential