Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Issue 8 came out today. Jace has a moment of weakness and there are some parallels to the 2022 Batman movie. Lucius also found out about Jace before the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Judging by today's issue #8 he seems pretty far away from that that level.
    I enjoyed #8. I'm glad Jace didn't just handily defeat Manray but instead retreated because he was scared. And admitted to his father he was scared. It was very human.

Putting Jace in NYC was a great decision IMO. Ridley's doing a good job fleshing out NYC and making it interesting.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Issue 8 was definitely part of the growing pains that Jace will be feeling, especially with Dark Crisis on the way. This was his first go around not with just you’re average criminal but an actual masked maniac the likes of which Bruce handles on a regular basis. About overcoming the crazy threats that will come at him because he is Batman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Goddamn this book gets pretty gore-y at times, in ways not even the main Batman book does that often. That shot of Beckett was nasty. Gives it a gritty horror fell that I like. Jace getting wrecked by his first supervillain was a good way of reminding us that he’s still just a novice at all this, and I like how the killings have a political angle to them that’s tied to what Jace is doing (going after the elite).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Issue 8 was definitely part of the growing pains that Jace will be feeling, especially with Dark Crisis on the way.
    But it kind of shows that this character is nowhere near where he could fill in for Bruce in Dark Crisis.

But it kind of shows that this character is nowhere near where he could fill in for Bruce in Dark Crisis.
    But isn’t that the point of Dark Crisis? That new characters and some older characters in new roles find themselves in roles they aren’t sure they are ready for as the Justice League are taken off the table?

Not to mention I think by the end of the arc we will see Jace be able to handle himself in Manray like scenarios
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I like that Jace is nowhere near Bruce. We can see him develop over time assuming the series lasts, which I hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not to mention I think by the end of the arc we will see Jace be able to handle himself in Manray like scenarios
    I'm sure Jace will find a way to stop Manray but I hope future scenarios are still a challenge for him. There's a lot of good storytelling potential in that.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 04-13-2022 at 07:53 AM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #15
    Written by DENNIS CULVER
    Art by GEOFFO
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by MIKE BOWDEN
    3.99 US | 32 pages | Black and White | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/12/22

"Batmen at War " part three! There's a new Batman in Gotham City and his name is…Dick Grayson? The only problem is, Jace Fox and Bruce Wayne still claim the name and neither is willing to give it up! Now it's all-out war, with Jason Todd and Hunter Panic caught in the middle. Plus: Damian Wayne is back and that's bad news for everyone!
    Since Bruce and Dick have to fail in order for Jace to still be Batman for FS JL, I wonder if this is the story where we see how Jace was able to do what his predecessors never could in truly saving Gotham like that blurb from FS JL teased.

I AM BATMAN #11
    Written by JOHN RIDLEY
    Art and cover by CHRISTIAN DUCE
    Variant cover by SALVADOR LAROCCA
    1:25 variant cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/12/22

Following the stunning conclusion of the previous issue, Jace Fox and his "task force" are upended! Taking Manray into custody could be a deadly prospect for Chubb and Whitaker…and what secrets does this mass murderer hold?
    First cracks in the Jace/cop alliance? With the commissioner dead I was wondering if that meant Ridley planned on keeping the cooperation going for a while. I do think Chubb is going to be Jace’s “Gordon” and she will become Commissioner eventually.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Since Bruce and Dick have to fail in order for Jace to still be Batman for FS JL, I wonder if this is the story where we see how Jace was able to do what his predecessors never could in truly saving Gotham like that blurb from FS JL teased.

First cracks in the Jace/cop alliance? With the commissioner dead I was wondering if that meant Ridley planned on keeping the cooperation going for a while. I do think Chubb is going to be Jace’s “Gordon” and she will become Commissioner eventually.
    I think its high past time for their to be a wider DCU moment where Jace can step out the shadow of the other bats.

Also a fan of Chubb, I just like her bluntness and obvious disdain for Batman but she's a good cop at the end of the day.

Spectacular Member

I havent read this book and I refuse to. The idea that someone else is pretending to be Batman while Bruce is still around angers me. Bruce is Batman period. If you want to make a great character then do so but dont take lazy way and copy one of the greatest.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I havent read this book and I refuse to. The idea that someone else is pretending to be Batman while Bruce is still around angers me. Bruce is Batman period. If you want to make a great character then do so but dont take lazy way and copy one of the greatest.
    The company that OWNS him says otherwise.

Also we have had other folks running around as a Batman or have we forgotten Batman Inc???

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The company that OWNS him says otherwise.

Also we have had other folks running around as a Batman or have we forgotten Batman Inc???
    I mean, the comics kind of do most of the time .

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Who else is excited about Batman Unburied (Spotify Podcast) and Winston Duke as voice of Bruce Wayne? Less than 2 weeks now...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But most of the characters in that book didn't went by the name "Batman".
    Only exceptions are iirc "the Batman of Moscow" who never got much focus and was killed of pretty quickly, and the "the Batman of Japan" who iirc changed his name back to "Mr. Unknown".

Mighty Member

Whoops my bad!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Wolverine, Spiderman, Hulk and Superman say hello.