Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Wonder how long before Ridley starts creating supervillains for Jace? He seems to want to write Jace as a more “realistic” Batman which makes me wonder if he’ll keep Jace away from people with superpowers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Interesting. The possibility of Jace developing his own Bat-Family doesn't sound too bad. Of course, with Wonder Girl's cancellation, will he get that far?
    I think WG’s cancellation can be chalked up to the constant delays.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder how long before Ridley starts creating supervillains for Jace? He seems to want to write Jace as a more “realistic” Batman which makes me wonder if he’ll keep Jace away from people with superpowers.

I mostly joke but I definitely can’t wait for Jace to meet villains who are out of his league. So far he’s handled street crime and a few super cops, but he hasn’t even begun to scrape the barrel on random stuff that can come at you in the dc universe. Aliens, gods, magicians, vampires, demons, multiverses, etc.

Jon as Superman will probably look to him and say “First Crisis huh?”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Interesting. The possibility of Jace developing his own Bat-Family doesn't sound too bad. Of course, with Wonder Girl's cancellation, will he get that far?
    Probably more likely than him really interacting with the main Batfamily at this point

I hope so. They'd be good additions for the Family. .

I think it depends on what you're looking for. I don't mind realistic/grounded comics. It's just not what I go to DC or Marvel for. I rather have what Tamaki is trying to do in Detective Comics. She created a whole new supporting cast/villians for Bruce and I'm hoping Ridley does the same here.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-13-2022 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I think it depends on what you're looking for. I don't mind realistic/grounded comics. It's just not what I go to DC or Marvel for. I rather have what Tamaki is trying to do in Detective Comics. She created a whole new supporting cast/villians for Bruce and I'm hoping Ridley does the same here.
    Moving to NYC presents an opportunity to build up the city’s “capes” structure. Is Jace the first solo NYC hero or are there others? How does the NYCPD feel about capes? Are there super powered criminals running organized crime in NYC like there is in Gotham, or is NYC basically still equivalent to “Year One” Gotham where the mob still runs things? Loads of potential there if Ridley gets the chance to worldbuild, but he needs to move fast to establish Jace’s status quo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Moving to NYC presents an opportunity to build up the city’s “capes” structure. Is Jace the first solo NYC hero or are there others? How does the NYCPD feel about capes? Are there super powered criminals running organized crime in NYC like there is in Gotham, or is NYC basically still equivalent to “Year One” Gotham where the mob still runs things? Loads of potential there if Ridley gets the chance to worldbuild, but he needs to move fast to establish Jace’s status quo.
    Nightwing used to patrol there before the New 52. Maybe they could do something with that?

Those TALOS guys really weren't all too grounded, I don't think. Cyborgs with guns. And really big knives!

Nightwing used to patrol there before the New 52. Maybe they could do something with that?
    I personally doubt Ridley will acknowledge any of that old continuity, he seems to want to keep Jace as walled off as possible. Wonder if he’ll even acknowledge the Titans being in the city?
    Those TALOS guys really weren't all too grounded, I don't think. Cyborgs with guns. And really big knives!
    They’re more advanced than what we have now, but they feel “feasible” in a way something like Poison Ivy or Clayface aren’t. The Magistrate and TALOS were Jace’s version of the corrupt cops Bruce fought back during his early days.

I personally doubt Ridley will acknowledge any of that old continuity, he seems to want to keep Jace as walled off as possible. Wonder if he’ll even acknowledge the Titans being in the city?
    Katana did show up in Second Son, I don't think the idea of someone like Nightwing appearing is outlandish. I just hope he dies like Dan DiDio intended. It's the perfect ending for him.

They’re more advanced than what we have now, but they feel “feasible” in a way something like Poison Ivy or Clayface aren’t. The Magistrate and TALOS were Jace’s version of the corrupt cops Bruce fought back during his early days.
    Your guess is as good as mine. Lol

You know who would be really interesting to see Jace team up with, and no it’s not one of the future state leaguers. I’m thinking Wildcat (Ted Grant).

That man is probably one of the more famous golden age heroes known for helping train Bruce Wayne to become Batman in his formative years and some would say is a mentor to Batman. So how interesting would it be to see the new Batman meet not only a classic golden age hero but one who taught Bruce Wayne himself.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably more likely than him really interacting with the main Batfamily at this point

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know who would be really interesting to see Jace team up with, and no it’s not one of the future state leaguers. I’m thinking Wildcat (Ted Grant).

That man is probably one of the more famous golden age heroes known for helping train Bruce Wayne to become Batman in his formative years and some would say is a mentor to Batman. So how interesting would it be to see the new Batman meet not only a classic golden age hero but one who taught Bruce Wayne himself.

I know we're talking comics and "Batman" but I really hope that Ridely does not create a "Bat Family" for Jace. I know Tiff(?) was teased as a sidekick in Batman Black & White, but I'd prefer a Batman comic that has just that - a Batman. The dynamic with Jace and Vol (as the guy in his ear) is good enough and makes sense, but that's about it. Let's not (over)saturate it.

Instead develop a good/robust civilian supporting cast. Bring back Hadiyah, improve the family relationships (douse the drama), let Jace have a life outside of being Batman. Especially as it's not a life mission etcetera. Let's have a Batman that balances both sides of the life. DD is a prime example of such balance. Even Spidey does it relatively well, just that Marvel has an issue with him actually being succesful/growing up (but that's another thread entirely).

As for villains, we know Jace joins the Justice League in the Future but right now I hope Ridely keeps him away from supers/meta's for the foreseeable. Regular crimelords, extremist groups, corrupt politicians/business men (and/or women) are are a nice foil for him. Maybe throw in enhanced muscle, through tech or drugs (Venom anyone?), backing them up and I'm good.

NB: any chance we're going to get tweaks to the suit sans the faceplate? Don't know whether it was the art but so far the suit has been looking a bit off in the previews...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    I know we're talking comics and "Batman" but I really hope that Ridely does not create a "Bat Family" for Jace. I know Tiff(?) was teased as a sidekick in Batman Black & White, but I'd prefer a Batman comic that has just that - a Batman. The dynamic with Jace and Vol (as the guy in his ear) is good enough and makes sense, but that's about it. Let's not (over)saturate it.
    He already confirmed a good few months back that Tiffany would be becoming Jace's partner. Why wouldn't a Bat-Family work for Jace anywayswho? New York is friggin huge. Brooklyn, Queens, all the boroughs. Bratgirl from Teen Titans Academy would be coolio julio.

Incredible Member

He already confirmed a good few months back that Tiffany would be becoming Jace's partner. Why wouldn't a Bat-Family work for Jace anywayswho? New York is friggin huge. Brooklyn, Queens, all the boroughs. Bratgirl from Teen Titans Academy would be coolio julio.
    Not saying "it won't work". I'm just fatigued about the whole "BatFam" thing. Personal preference.

Oh ok - missed the confirmation on Tiffany's involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Not saying "it won't work". I'm just fatigued about the whole "BatFam" thing. Personal preference.

Oh ok - missed the confirmation on Tiffany's involvement.
    Very very true but I thinkie it should just be kept small. Tiff, the Bat Pack, Vol, and maybe Red X if they wanna add a little spicyness.