Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Part of the whole fun and experience and cemented-ness of Batman is the Batman Family. It would feel like serious deprivation to allegedly let Jace be his own Batman in his own city but not let him have/develop his own Batman Family with their own dynamic between themselves and Jace. Jace being different then Bruce means his Bat-Family would be different, and there is just so much potential and strength that can be mined from that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Part of the whole fun and experience and cemented-ness of Batman is the Batman Family. It would feel like serious deprivation to allegedly let Jace be his own Batman in his own city but not let him have/develop his own Batman Family with their own dynamic between themselves and Jace. Jace being different then Bruce means his Bat-Family would be different, and there is just so much potential and strength that can be mined from that alone.
    Jace, Jon, Yara, I think they all need their own sidekicks at least eventually. Who else are you gonna kill to give 'em that extra angst?

Batman got Robin after a year, so I’m not opposed to Jace getting his own Robin soon. Definitely don’t want something as bloated as the modern Batfamily to form around Jace however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Batman got Robin after a year, so I’m not opposed to Jace getting his own Robin soon. Definitely don’t want something as bloated as the modern Batfamily to form around Jace however.
    Part of me wishes Tiffany could actually be Robin. Or maybe it is better that she becomes her own hero like John Ridley is doing. Either way, if she dies and comes back to life it'd make Jace much more angsty!

I read Second Son this weekend and really enjoyed it. I read the first chapter on DC Universe Infinite when it came out but wasn’t really into it. I’m interested in Jace’s move to NYC so I decided to read past the first chapter of Second Son and I’m glad I did. Ridley does a great job with the Fox family dynamics. I can appreciate the bad state of Jace and Luke’s relationship. I like that Lucius and Tanya are not portrayed as paragons of virtue but instead behave how I believe many parents would in similar circumstances and try to insulate their child from the legal consequences of their actions even when doing so is not in the child’s best interest. Really got a kick out of Tiffany. She’s awesome. I was going to wait until I Am Batman hit DC Universe Infinite but I don’t know if I can wait and may have to go pick up #0-5 at my LCS.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Incredible Member

I disagree. Not only has it become oversaturated but we already have it with Batman-prime. Don't need it replicated. Having a strong civilian supporting cast will be welcome however. No crimefighters please...

I really like the fact that Jace is moving out of Gotham as he won't be associated with the BatFam (not that he was in the first place but I'm sure you get me).

My issue is not really about them ("them" being the current members) being a part of the BatFam as such but it's more a case of the ripple effects for example - wanting to read a book about a certain character only to see it's filled with other characters; or the fact that by association, they HAVE to abide by Batman's code (and limitations) which I find restrictive. Also IMO, it contributes to the inflated ego of Bruce which is just annoying. Not to talk about the fact that we are left with several Batman-lites.

What I'd like DC to do is to have Batman "elevated" to a trainer role in the same vein as Wildcat, Richard Dragon, Henry Ducard and the like but of course not only in fighting but in detective skills, tracking, disguises etc. As to the current BatFam, I'd like them to disperse. Some foundational ideas/wishes:

- Dick to be Nightwing and operate in Bluudhaven (and stay out of Gotham).
    - Babs to stay as Oracle and run the Birds of Prey (Canary, Batwoman, Huntress, Cass-Batgirl) with its HQ outside Gotham and run missions across the DC universe
    - Duke to join and stay with the Outsiders (away from Gotham)
    - Tim and Steph to go to College
    - Jason (don't really care for him so got nothing)
    - Luke to run Foxtech (can supply others with tech) from the NY office
    - Lucius to run WayneTech
    - Bruce be Batman and stay in Gotham
    - Clownhunter gives up crimefighting and goes off to have a happy ending
    - Ghostmaker - can be the international Bat-operative

Probably missed out others but yeah... (Catwoman and Harley don't count).

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jace, Jon, Yara, I think they all need their own sidekicks at least eventually. Who else are you gonna kill to give 'em that extra angst?
    Please don't give DC ideas. One of the things I liked about Luke Fox being a Bat was because he enjoyed it and just wanted to help.

Angst is not a pre-requisite (despite the overwhelming evidence that suggests otherwise).

We already know Tiffany is going to be his sidekick and Luke joining in as Batwing doesn’t seem unlikely. Him in New York sounds like a good jumping off point for a new run of his.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    We already know Tiffany is going to be his sidekick and Luke joining in as Batwing doesn’t seem unlikely. Him in New York sounds like a good jumping off point for a new run of his.
    Yeah I know re. Tiff.
    Meant ideas on killing them(/her) for angst.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Yeah I know re. Tiff.
    Meant ideas on killing them(/her) for angst.
    That was a joke. The only person who should die is the kid who shot Anarky.

Jace is getting his first action figure

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/192911
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I prefer Jace mentoring Batpack over Tiffany but I'm cool with him mentoring both options eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Jace is getting his first action figure

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/192911
    Cool figure .

If Bruce is “dead” or trapped in an alternate reality like Barry is soon, I wonder if DC will have Jace be part of a new JL like Future State?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Bruce is “dead” or trapped in an alternate reality like Barry is soon, I wonder if DC will have Jace be part of a new JL like Future State?
    This character just seems to go well out of his way to not interact with the wider DCU. Either him or Ridley.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This character just seems to go well out of his way to not interact with the wider DCU. Either him or Ridley.
    This is the only way left that the character really interacts with the DCU, I doubt Ridley will get in the way of that. Or I could be wrong and Azrael becomes Batman again in a weekly event that'll last until Bruce Wayne comes back called Batman Beyond (Is that name taken? I forget).