Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    This is the only way left that the character really interacts with the DCU, I doubt Ridley will get in the way of that.
    If Ridley is actually interested in that. He may just prefer to write him as a local hero, more like Daredevil or something like that. He mentioned in interview, that Jace isn't going to act on massive level.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If Ridley is actually interested in that. He may just prefer to write him as a local hero, more like Daredevil or something like that. He mentioned in interview, that Jace isn't going to act on massive level.
    He was talking about how Bruce uses his money and technology, not about his willingness to team up.

Also how Williamson or other writers use Jace may be very different from how Ridley will use him. Ridley is writing him right now to establish and build up a fully formed character with his own life and motivations....Williamson and others just needs a Batman while Bruce is off the table and what better one then the one who is being established as his own man.

Just because Ridley probably wants to keep the character grounded doesn't mean we won't see Jace in a giant hero group shot in an event in the future, its just going to happen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Also how Williamson or other writers use Jace may be very different from how Ridley will use him. Ridley is writing him right now to establish and build up a fully formed character with his own life and motivations....Williamson and others just needs a Batman while Bruce is off the table and what better one then the one who is being established as his own man.

Just because Ridley probably wants to keep the character grounded doesn't mean we won't see Jace in a giant hero group shot in an event in the future, its just going to happen.
    Especially if the sales slip below a certain threshold. Then Ridley might not get a choice in the matter.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Especially if the sales slip below a certain threshold. Then Ridley might not get a choice in the matter.
    He’ll start using a Batman Beyond suit. That’ll get the kids back on board for another issue!

I'm just gonna enjoy the ride as long as it's around.

Well, he was just randomly in a Fear State group shot that didn't really amount to anything .

Jace is getting his first action figure

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/192911
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So weird to think about how he won't have the faceplate anymore. It's his schtick! I guess all things come to an end, like Tim Drake as Robin. Or Kyle Rayner as Ion. Or Conner Kent being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    So weird to think about how he won't have the faceplate anymore. It's his schtick! I guess all things come to an end, like Tim Drake as Robin. Or Kyle Rayner as Ion. Or Conner Kent being dead.
    Kind of counterproductive to hype up a black Batman but then put him in a costume where you’d never know it wasn’t just Bruce under there. I’m assuming that’s why they got rid of the faceplate. He wasn’t the first either way, Jason Todd wore one during Battle for the Cowl.

Kind of counterproductive to hype up a black Batman but then put him in a costume where you’d never know it wasn’t just Bruce under there. I’m assuming that’s why they got rid of the faceplate. He wasn’t the first either way, Jason Todd wore one during Battle for the Cowl.
    I guess. Giving him his Justice League suit wouldn't be so bad either now. *Cough* His current one is Bruce-lite. *Cough*

I AM BATMAN #8
    Written by JOHN RIDLEY
    Art by CHRISTIAN DUCE
    Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
    Variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    1:25 variant cover by MATEUS MANHANINI
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/12/22

The campaign of terror continues as a mysterious serial killer brutally murders New York City Police Commissioner Becket, in the process exposing ugly truths about how Becket ran his department. Batman finds himself caught between a police department “hit squad” that wants to execute the killer, and a populace that’s beginning to see them as more of a folk hero than Batman himself.

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #12
    Written by DENNIS CULVER
    Art by GIANNIS MILONOGIANNIS
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by MIKE BOWDEN
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Black and White | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/12/22
    FINAL SHOWDOWN WITH THE NEXT JOKER! Peacekeeper Red, a.k.a. Jason Todd, and the Next Batman take on the Next Joker, but will their combined abilities be enough? Meanwhile, Hunter Panic and Harley Quinn try to keep Tobias Whale alive against a whole army of Jokerized robots! Plus, Nightwing becomes something…new?

Tiffany Fox becoming a superhero? Wow, hope that's more than just a variant cover.

Sounds like classic Batman stuff.

(How old is Tiffany again?).