Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Perhaps they will be a part of the same team. Dick's Titans or this Legacy League.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Perhaps they will be a part of the same team. Dick's Titans or this Legacy League.
    Isn't Dick's Titans just the NTT lineup?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Isn't Dick's Titans just the NTT lineup?
    They were called ''new Titans'', so it sounded like there will be at least some new members, besides original NTT characters.
    On the other hand, Titans were on the first art along with the originals, and the rest of the legacy characters were on the second art. Considering that Justice League will be gone for a while and Titans will presumably be acting in their place, there's still room for Legacy League or whatever they will be called, involving Jace, Damian, Jon, Yara and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jace and Damian could actually work well together given:

-Both are motivated by guilt over having been killers in the past
    -Both have rocky relationships with their parents
    -Both feud with their brothers (Luke/Tim)
    -Both have appropriated the Batman mantle without Bruce’s permission or consent
    -Both struggle with feelings of self-loathing that they compensate for by throwing themselves into dangerous situations to “prove” themselves

Damian will always be Dick’s Robin for me, but if these Dawn of DCU covers are actually teasing a potential Legacy League lineup the way I’m hoping, the two of them working together could be cool!
    Damian going after "the pretender" would be a fun guest spot. He's been rebelling against Bruce last time I checked so him and Jace parting as friends feels fitting.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-20-2022 at 07:02 AM.

Jace and Damian could actually work well together given:

-Both are motivated by guilt over having been killers in the past
    -Both have rocky relationships with their parents
    -Both feud with their brothers (Luke/Tim)
    -Both have appropriated the Batman mantle without Bruce’s permission or consent
    -Both struggle with feelings of self-loathing that they compensate for by throwing themselves into dangerous situations to “prove” themselves

Damian will always be Dick’s Robin for me, but if these Dawn of DCU covers are actually teasing a potential Legacy League lineup the way I’m hoping, the two of them working together could be cool!
    Now I just imagine Damian teaming-up with Jace just to screw with his dad .

(Although to be honest I'm not sure if Damian would care for another Batman anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I just imagine Damian teaming-up with Jace just to screw with his dad .

(Although to be honest I'm not sure if Damian would care for another Batman anyways).
    He would not, but that’s the fun of it .
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He would not, but that’s the fun of it .
    Damian becoming brothers with the Batman and Superman of the new generation each sounds fun.

As long as he keeps hating Tim Drake.

Hell I just thought of another good reason to pair them up. What make the Dick/Damian partnership work was that it inverted the traditional Batman & Robin dynamic. You had a lighter more joyful Batman who was keeping a darker Robin from going over the moral cliff. With Damian and Jace you have that same inversion: Robin would be the more experienced of the duo, teaching Batman the ins and outs of crime fighting. And that would also differentiate it from the Dick/Damian partnership as well because that was Dick mentoring Damian whereas this would be Damian helping Jace be a better Batman.

It’s probably not going to happen, those covers are likely not actually teasing anything coming up, but it’s fun to speculate and imagine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hell I just thought of another good reason to pair them up. What make the Dick/Damian partnership work was that it inverted the traditional Batman & Robin dynamic. You had a lighter more joyful Batman who was keeping a darker Robin from going over the moral cliff. With Damian and Jace you have that same inversion: Robin would be the more experienced of the duo, teaching Batman the ins and outs of crime fighting. And that would also differentiate it from the Dick/Damian partnership as well because that was Dick mentoring Damian whereas this would be Damian helping Jace be a better Batman.

It’s probably not going to happen, those covers are likely not actually teasing anything coming up, but it’s fun to speculate and imagine.
    That's a cool idea.

Extraordinary Member

Didn’t we have that with Tim and Az-bats for a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah but Jace and Damian's dynamic could make it fresh again.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-21-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Sure but that ended in failure, whereas I would prefer this ended in success

Christianity Batman was crazy, though.

I got caught up on Ridley's run on BP. It feels more focused and better place. Plus it has a better grasp on how to blend different genres. I'm hoping Ridley brings some of the lessons he learned from writing tchalla to Jace.

Ironically there is a new character called Tosin who reminds me of Jace. If Jace was Bruce's Robin at a younger age, he'd be Tosin to me.

For Lazarus Planet I'm hoping Jace has to deal with wielding soultaker. But him being the Batman to wield Dr. Fate's helmet is cool too. This is based on the possibility Jace is the Batman on the Lazarus Planet cover and not Bruce.

I don't mind adapting Jace outside of comics but he needs more rememberable villians. He doesn't get one till Manray in NY. I thought about just having Arkadine be Killer Moth or one of the Terrible Trio. Plus having the guy from Fear State be Wrath. They would challenge Jace thematically and still feel distinct from Manray.

Issue 16 comes out next week.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-06-2022 at 06:41 PM.

So are we gonna talk about it? Jace Fox's mom isn't Tanya Fox. Which means he's Luke's, Tamara's, and Tiffany's half brother. Crazy soap opera craziness!