Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I think it's because he's part of the Super Sons. I hope you're right Astralabius because I don't think Damian fits with the new generation team very much!
    Not sure what you mean when you say it's because of the Super Sons. With Dark Crisis: The Dark Army revealing that Damian apparently always ends up being Batman, DC putting Damian in charge of coming up with the plans to beat the villains both in Dark Crisis: The dark army and Lazarus Planet and Batman telling everyone to listen to his son's plan in the preview of Lazarus Planet Alpha it currently simply looks like DC or at least Mark Waid is pushing Damian into the position as Batman's eventual successor again.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Not sure what you mean when you say it's because of the Super Sons. With Dark Crisis: The Dark Army revealing that Damian apparently always ends up being Batman, DC putting Damian in charge of coming up with the plans to beat the villains both in Dark Crisis: The dark army and Lazarus Planet and Batman telling everyone to listen to his son's plan in the preview of Lazarus Planet Alpha it currently simply looks like DC or at least Mark Waid is pushing Damian into the position as Batman's eventual successor again.
    Doesn't the whole Ian as Batman thing end off with the book saying "Check out Batman vs. Robin for what Doc Multiverse saw" blah blah blah? And that book has Damian being put in the whammo by Nezha and being used as a puppet Batman?

I don't think that's proof that he's the main Batman guy to be set up or whatever.

So, yeah, seems to me like it's because of the Super Sons.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 12-15-2022 at 03:58 AM.

Doesn't the whole Ian as Batman thing end off with the book saying "Check out Batman vs. Robin for what Doc Multiverse saw" blah blah blah? And that book has Damian being put in the whammo by Nezha and being used as a puppet Batman?

I don't think that's proof that he's the main Batman guy to be set up or whatever.

So, yeah, seems to me like it's because of the Super Sons.
    It all leads to Bruce trusting Damian to take charge as lead strategist in his place in Lazarus Planet Alpha though and I expect Batman vs Robin #5 to end with Bruce and Damian wanting to improve their relationship again after Nezha's possession laid bare how fragile it still is deep down.

You also still haven't shown in me any arguments for your theory.
    Still appearing here and there as a friend to Clark's main legacy doesn't put Damian in the position to be promoted as Batman's main legacy.
    With Jon getting his own mini I also don't think we'll get another present day Super Sons book.
    That reasoning is too weak.

It all leads to Bruce trusting Damian to take charge as lead strategist in his place in Lazarus Planet Alpha though and I expect Batman vs Robin #5 to end with Bruce and Damian wanting to improve their relationship again after Nezha's possession laid bare how fragile it still is deep down.

You also still haven't shown in me any arguments for your theory.
    Still appearing here and there as a friend to Clark's main legacy doesn't put Damian in the position to be promoted as Batman's main legacy.
    With Jon getting his own mini I also don't think we'll get another present day Super Sons book.
    That reasoning is too weak.
    What am I supposed to be providing reasoning for?

It’s pretty clear Ian isn’t becoming Batman on Earth-0. So I think it’s mostly just to do with him being Bruce’s son and Jon’s friend. Simple as a dimple?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It’s pretty clear Ian isn’t becoming Batman on Earth-0. So I think it’s mostly just to do with him being Bruce’s son and Jon’s friend. Simple as a dimple?
    Why do you keep calling him Ian?

When has Damian ever been called Ian?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Why do you keep calling him Ian?

When has Damian ever been called Ian?
    It’s my nickname for ‘im. I don’t really read Robin comics.

It's not about actually becoming Batman, as if DC would seriously let anyone replace their big guns. It's about who DC is currently pushing into the spotlight because certain characters are considered the current successor.
    You haven't mentioned Damian being Bruce's son as a reason before, that's a far better reason than it having anything to do with Super Sons. Being Jon's friend is pretty irrelevant considering that Jon is branching out and will have team-ups with Nightwing and Tim too in the near future.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 12-15-2022 at 05:54 AM.

It's not about actually becoming Batman, as if DC would seriously let anyone replace their big guns. It's about who DC is currently pushing into the spotlight because certain characters are considered the current successor.
    You haven't mentioned Damian being Bruce's son as a reason before, that's a far better reason than it having anything to do with Super Sons. Being Jon's friend is pretty irrelevant considering that Jon is branching out and will have team-ups with Nightwing and Tim too in the near future.
    Yeah, Jace is the current successor. Damian is Bruce’s son and Jon’s friend. Especially since Jon is the other half of the cover.

Honestly I just think the dynamic of Jace and Damian could be fun. Whether it’s an ongoing or a miniseries.

Because we have to very different egos at play with two very different version of Batman and Robin then either are used to. Damian is used to someone related to the Batfamily at large such as Dick or his father and odds are hasn’t talked to Lucius to hear that it’s his son, so he’ll likely be aggressive in finding out who “Batman” is but Jace has heard that before and is adamant that he definitely is Batman. Plus Jace doesn’t really have a Robin, he’s got Vol in his ear and maybe later his sister Tiff. So Jace doesn’t know how to work with a partner.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I just think the dynamic of Jace and Damian could be fun. Whether it’s an ongoing or a miniseries.

Because we have to very different egos at play with two very different version of Batman and Robin then either are used to. Damian is used to someone related to the Batfamily at large such as Dick or his father and odds are hasn’t talked to Lucius to hear that it’s his son, so he’ll likely be aggressive in finding out who “Batman” is but Jace has heard that before and is adamant that he definitely is Batman. Plus Jace doesn’t really have a Robin, he’s got Vol in his ear and maybe later his sister Tiff. So Jace doesn’t know how to work with a partner.
    That's interesting... Welp, I think Damian and Tiff squabbling would be funny. Two shortstacks arguing.

Seems like Ridley is ending the Jace/Hayidah teases, guess they won’t be getting together any time soon if they ever do. Will Jace get a different potential LI? Or just put romance on the back burner for now? I do hope Ridley gets that follow up mini to leave Jace in a place for success if he is planning to hand the character over to someone else.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seems like Ridley is ending the Jace/Hayidah teases, guess they won’t be getting together any time soon if they ever do. Will Jace get a different potential LI? Or just put romance on the back burner for now? I do hope Ridley gets that follow up mini to leave Jace in a place for success if he is planning to hand the character over to someone else.
    There's only two issues left so I don't know if Ridley would focus on a love story right now. The family drama feels like more than enough for now.

I don't see him handing over the character any time soon. He's talking about how there's a "lot more" for the Fox Family, how there's a "couple" of things coming down the road for Jace, just doesn't sound to me like he's ready to leave his creation just yet.

But I don't really like Hadiyah as Jace's love interest. He's the Batman, it's only fun if he has multiple and the fans get into wars about who his one, true love is.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There's only two issues left so I don't know if Ridley would focus on a love story right now. The family drama feels like more than enough for now.
    Right, I meant “if there’s a follow up mini like Jon is getting would that give Jace a new LI?” Hayidah might be intended as Jace’s equivalent to the Phantasm given she is someone he cares deeply for - enough that he’s wrestling with his feelings in his early career - also maybe getting a costumed identity.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Right, I meant “if there’s a follow up mini like Jon is getting would that give Jace a new LI?” Hayidah might be intended as Jace’s equivalent to the Phantasm given she is someone he cares deeply for - enough that he’s wrestling with his feelings in his early career - also maybe getting a costumed identity.
    Well, I think what Kenway is saying is true. Jace is much more like Bruce than Terry, romance isn't really a priority for the big B.

Ridley has called Hadiyah "the love of [Jace's] life" in interviews, but maybe her becoming The Question (?) will throw a dent in that.