Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Right, I meant “if there’s a follow up mini like Jon is getting would that give Jace a new LI?” Hayidah might be intended as Jace’s equivalent to the Phantasm given she is someone he cares deeply for - enough that he’s wrestling with his feelings in his early career - also maybe getting a costumed identity.
    I could see it getting some material but it's more of a B-plot to family drama. I do see the Phantasm comparison but I'm hoping she stays a civilian. I dont know Hadiyah enough to have an interest in her becoming the Question III. The evidence is pretty flimsy so her becoming the Question iii would be more random than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I could see it getting some material but it's more of a B-plot to family drama. I do see the Phantasm comparison but I'm hoping she stays a civilian. I dont know Hadiyah enough to have an interest in her becoming the Question III. The evidence is pretty flimsy so her becoming the Question iii would be more random than anything.
    She's definitely not staying a civilian. I Am Batman #14 talks about a mantle being passed, then in the issue Renee basically gives the Question mantle to Hadiyah, literally mentioning Vic Sage.

And the #18 solicit mentions a “new hero who bridges DC’s past, present, and future”. That sounds to me like Hadiyah becoming the Question.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    And the #18 solicit mentions a “new hero who bridges DC’s past, present, and future”. That sounds to me like Hadiyah becoming the Question.
    That still feels like such a random thing to me.

It doesn't help that I don't really feel like Hadiyah has been given that much build-up. Her screen-time is largely just these occasional heart to hearts with Jace which establish her well enough but I don't think that much has actually been done with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That still feels like such a random thing to me.

It doesn't help that I don't really feel like Hadiyah has been given that much build-up. Her screen-time is largely just these occasional heart to hearts with Jace which establish her well enough but I don't think that much has actually been done with her.
    She went to the same military academy as Jace, was able to put together a criminal profile that helped Jace track down Manray, and it was established that she went to Nanda Parbat with Renee Montoya which led to her passing some sort of superhero identity on to her.

The build-up is there if you're looking. Obviously, her being the Question means more will come of it.

- That Speedster Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    She went to the same military academy as Jace, was able to put together a criminal profile that helped Jace track down Manray, and it was established that she went to Nanda Parbat with Renee Montoya which led to her passing some sort of superhero identity on to her.

The build-up is there if you're looking. Obviously, her being the Question means more will come of it.

- That Speedster Hater
    One of these things feels not like the other .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

- That Speedster Hater
    Its more like it feels like she hasn't really done anything. Her screen time is largely sitting on a bench or having coffee with Jace to talk about his feelings or giving him some investigation advice. But we haven't really given focus on her in her personal life or get actively personally involved in the plot beyond just sitting at the park with Jace. Compared to all the focus Tiff has been getting which has been actually building her up as a superhero with personal screen-time and taking action unrelated to the protagonist.

It doesn't feel that built up, especially if her taking the mantle of the Question is simply due to a couple convos she had with Renee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its more like it feels like she hasn't really done anything. Her screen time is largely sitting on a bench or having coffee with Jace to talk about his feelings or giving him some investigation advice. But we haven't really given focus on her in her personal life or get actively personally involved in the plot beyond just sitting at the park with Jace. Compared to all the focus Tiff has been getting which has been actually building her up as a superhero with personal screen-time and taking action unrelated to the protagonist.

It doesn't feel that built up, especially if her taking the mantle of the Question is simply due to a couple convos she had with Renee.
    Well, we got her backstory that explained her entire motivation. But in a general sense, yeah, she's not fighting bad guys. I still think she's done enough where it's not out of left field, though. Like if you think about everything she's done, if Vol and Jace ended up in the crimefighting business, it's an easy conclusion to come to.

I expect more focus in/after issue #18. Ridley seems to really like the Questions. Even when he's making their fanbase hate him.

I guess you could do a miniseries where Hadiyah takes up the mantle of the Question. So you could explore her seperate from her relationship with Jace and what drives her more closely. Ridley won me over with Jace despite my current misgivings so I'm assuming he'd do the same with Hadiyah as the Question III.

It might easier with Hadiyah because the Question is more dormant a figure and Renee is more likely to stay as a cop. There's still Vic Sage but no one knows what to do with him and Dennis O'neal's run left a big shadow. Killing him off in 52 was the right move to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-27-2022 at 06:43 AM.

Other than Renee I don't think we need another Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You're right, Hadiyah should be Nightwing.

You're right, Hadiyah should be Nightwing.
    Flamebird is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You could argue that about most legacies. We are way that past. ...lol.

Right now the concern should be how to do legacy characters better.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-27-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Batwing showing up would be more exciting than Hadiyah saving the day, though, I tell you hwat!

But probably more rushed.