Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He should fight his Earth 3 counterpart the Vulture.
    That would actually be a neat little nod to that retroactive story
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/04/dc...i-am-batman-6/

Jace making it to New York, open as Batman without his face covering. Saving the day, being Batman, and dealing with idiots.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

What If Batman was in the Marvel Universe?

Already got his first serial killer Supervillain.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/04/dc...i-am-batman-6/

Jace making it to New York, open as Batman without his face covering. Saving the day, being Batman, and dealing with idiots.
    From the other thread-

The character in the first panel gave me Professor Pyg vibes. I guess Jace meets his first crazy killer.

I liked NYC Mayor wanting to deputize Jace but I doubt he'll accept.

Who knows? Does Jace have anything against cops? Because Ridley really seems interested in writing them for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Who knows? Does Jace have anything against cops? Because Ridley really seems interested in writing them for some reason.
    Ridley's work tends to be political. Even his creator owned series "The American Way" was using superheroes to comment on politics.

Jace seems to have a distrust of authority. So I thought it extended to cops.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-04-2022 at 06:22 PM.

Ridley's work tends to be political. Even his creator owned series "The American Way" was using superheroes to comment on politics.

Jace seems to have a distrust of authority. So I thought it extended to cops.
    He trusted Adriana Chubb (haha, like chubby!) in Future State. She might be the one that the Commissioner puts in charge of the specialized police unit, since we know for a factoid she got transferred to NYC.

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-b...-ads-new-york/

George Gene Gustines of the New York Times posted his Batman find on Facebook yesterday (reposted here with permission), telling us "Very cool to see this advertisement for a Batman comic on a random street in Manhattan. In this case, 38th between 8th and 9th. Holy advertisement, Batman!"

Comic book museum curator Patrick Reed noted that "Good placement – a couple blocks from Midtown Comics!" for Michael Shelling, Director of Publicity at DC Comics, to pop up saying "they're all posted around comic book stores by design." So, dear reader, have you seen these out and about as well?

Going with a Pyg-sequel villain makes me happy, was worried they’d try to give him a Joker copy straight away. I’m sure that will come down the road but I have serious Clown fatigue.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Going with a Pyg-sequel villain makes me happy, was worried they’d try to give him a Joker copy straight away. I’m sure that will come down the road but I have serious Clown fatigue.
    Well, there's the Next Joker in Future State: Gotham. Chunky little fella! Cute, too!

Jace's villians so far tend to have more sensible motives. Watching him grapple with an outlandish serial killer would be interesting.

Looks like the 2022 event Williamson is writing may draw Jace into the wider DCU and see him interact with the other FS JL members. Bottom left has the FS lineup minus Jess Quick and Jackson in place of Andy. Might mean the next JL lineup is what we see in the bottom left.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks like the 2022 event Williamson is writing may draw Jace into the wider DCU and see him interact with the other FS JL members. Bottom left has the FS lineup minus Jess Quick and Jackson in place of Andy. Might mean the next JL lineup is what we see in the bottom left.
    Already capturing the Batman vibe of "I'm only here because I have to be, not because I want to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    He trusted Adriana Chubb (haha, like chubby!) in Future State. She might be the one that the Commissioner puts in charge of the specialized police unit, since we know for a factoid she got transferred to NYC.
    Turns out you were right.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-08-2022 at 01:52 PM.

IAB #6 was probably my favorite issue thus far. Did a great job setting up Jace in NYC and there’s a lot of interesting plot lines being seeded: Jace working as an official member of the NYPD, the deputy mayor and commissioner setting him up to fail, this new freak knows about the plot to set Jace up to fail, Jace’s family issues are still in the background, he isn’t talking to his LI, and we get to see how he’s different from Bruce in that he deliberately lets himself be captured on camera. Good stuff!