Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Well Hulk fans, there's a 7 hour livestream by Dale Keown where I think he's drunk and rant and pass out for majority of the stream. Its sad, like watching a car wreck. it sucks he part of CG but I always appreciate his work from the early 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RfMPOYxxP0

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that why the run ended the way it did?
    Probably yeah.

If we assume that he did have more stories planned and that the final arc of the series started a bit suddenly, it was most likely because he couldn't handle Bennet's **** anymore

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Well Hulk fans, there's a 7 hour livestream by Dale Keown where I think he's drunk and rant and pass out for majority of the stream. Its sad, like watching a car wreck. it sucks he part of CG but I always appreciate his work from the early 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RfMPOYxxP0
    I watched a few minutes of it and he seems to be extremely, EXTREMELY mad at Marvel for f@cking up the Hulk? Is he like referring to what's going on in the MCU or what exactly? Also he is drunk as all hell, he literally passes out on stream for several hours.

Really sad to see him in this state, he is one of the best Hulk artists ever. I mean he drew Hulk The End, such an iconic story.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, I feel like Ewing didn't really resolve much with Betty although I know he carried her into his Defenders run.
    Al really she should write a red Harpy solo miniseries. She’s the only character from immortal hulk whose story feels incomplete. Even Rick got closure to his situation in the gamma flight miniseries

Spectacular Member

Is that why the run ended the way it did?
    Al said that the book was always meant to end at issue 50; even months before the controversy with Joe happened so it’s probably true. That doesn’t mean that editorial didn’t prevent him from doing everything that he might have wanted to in the series ( there’s several loose ends, like Dario’s fate after the Xemnu arc, what advice did Namor give to Bruce, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    Al said that the book was always meant to end at issue 50; even months before the controversy with Joe happened so it’s probably true. That doesn’t mean that editorial didn’t prevent him from doing everything that he might have wanted to in the series ( there’s several loose ends, like Dario’s fate after the Xemnu arc, what advice did Namor give to Bruce, etc)
    I mean, what else do we expect him to say? "Yeah, I rushed it because I couldn't tolerate working with Joe Bennet anymore?"

I think it's obvious that we got the ending he largely had planned and I imagine not every plot hook was meant to be resolved *by* him during the run, as he's gonna leave some things for future writers to play with, but all the same, I can't imagine the falling out with him and Bennet didn't have a negative impact on the run.

Writers aren't always the best at pacing themselves. If he planned to end the run at 50 all along, I think he made some mistakes along the way. xD

It might have been Bennett but I honestly think Ewing just dropped a few plot threads here and there. That’s not uncommon over a large enough run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #406
    “American Pie”
    Cover Date: June 1993
    Sale Date: April 20th, 1993
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Gary Frank
    Inker: Cam Smith
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Rick Jones, Doc Samson, Betty Banner, Marlo Chandler, Keith and Ray Chandler
    Antagonist: Captain America
    Synopsis: We open to a haggard and exhausted Rick Jones continuing on with his personal rehabilitation on Marlo. He finally breaks and Betty calms him down, which leads to the two of them kissing. Elsewhere, we see Marlo’s brothers, Keith and Ray, with their lawyer talking to the police captain about her situation. Out of caution because of Rick’s celebrity status, he’s called in Captain America to help. At the Mount, the Hulk is dealing with the after-effects from the Ajax/Atlanta/Achilles situation from last issue. He takes a phone call from Betty about Rick and decides to head to Reno. We then get a page on Doc Samson about his conundrum about Rick’s confession on the Trans Sabal incident and then it shifts back to Rick awakening from a seductive dream involving Betty and Marlo. Captain America arrives and tries persuading Rick to let Marlo be taken to a medical facility. Moments later, the Hulk arrives and the situation turns ugly. A relatively calm battle takes place between him and Cap, when Samson arrives. While all this is going on, the police make their way into the house and Rick tries fending them off, but only gets so far. He’s pleading to Marlo to wake up, but nothing happens. As the cops are finally able to pin Rick down, the pleading seems to have finally paid off as Marlo begins to slowly react. The issue ends with her quietly stating that she’s hungry…
    Commentary: I liked this issue. The art, the story, the happy ending. Frank can draw a stellar Captain America, and his Betty and Marlo…whooooooo! I don’t think he was pulling a Greg Land and doing a direct swipe, but whoever he used for the dream sequence…damn!

BANNED

D23 expo and Marvel is revealing a bunch of new shows and movies. Still no WWH or any kind of Hulk project.... Real strange i kept saying there wouldn't be one, but people ASSURED me that a WWH movie/show was in the works.

The cope in the next few days on the internet is gonna be hilarious.

They just announced that Tim Blake Nelson returns as the Leader, who will be the main villain of Captain America: New World Order.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    They just announced that Tim Blake Nelson returns as the Leader, who will be the main villain of Captain America: New World Order.
    To add insult to injury, Hulk can't even have his own villains anymore, let alone his own films/shows.

I kinda understand Dale Keowns frustration from the other day, when it comes to cinema Marvel has not only completely destroyed the Hulk, but they took a piss on his grave as well.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Don’t think there anything wrong with how Ewings run ended.

Sabra's showing up too. She made her debut in Hulk and reappeared a few times I think.

As for the Leader, wondering if he's also "the boss" in She-Hulk, and perhaps the Captain America plot will involve gamma somehow. The original organization was in the Hulk comics after all I think.

It'd be kind of weird if perhaps the Red Skull escapes from his exile and becomes the Red Hulk. He's already all CG anyway. Maybe sort of a mix of Red Hulk and Red Onslaught.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-10-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    That is so random, but it also just feels like Marvel just throws Hulk stuff out there willy nilly at times.

It's kind of interesting since the original storyline featured Red Skull, traditionally Cap's villain. So they kind of swapped villains.

However, the original storyline did feature Leader's brother Madman (Who funny enough is also related to Bruce in the comics as well due to the revelation in 50). Maybe the Leader will play a similar role.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth