Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1139

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The oughta limbo Hulk for a little bit at least. Should have done that after Ewing left
    The only good Hulk content we can get nowadays is the comics though . I don’t want to go long without a Hulk comic.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Part 2 of the Superman vs Hulk fight has been out for a few days now

It's actually mind blowing that a fan can make one of the best choreographed and inventive fights i have seen. It's a shame we get nothing like this in comics, the Hulk vs Thor fight just completely pales in comparison.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 11-21-2022 at 02:53 PM.

Brilliant work from Zimaut Animation.

I definitely appreciate the thought put into how each opponent adapts to the other's fighting style. And you can really see how the Hulk has upped his game since his earlier (Zimaut animated) fight with Saitama.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I have a few solid choices.

1. Kieron Gillen
    2. Ram V
    3. Chip Zdarsky
    4. Jim Zub
    Geoff Johns would be an interesting choice as well. He’s said numerous times over the years that The Hulk is one the marvel characters that he wishes he could write the most, and if he had his way, Marvel and DC would team up like they did in the 90’s

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    Geoff Johns would be an interesting choice as well. He’s said numerous times over the years that The Hulk is one the marvel characters that he wishes he could write the most, and if he had his way, Marvel and DC would team up like they did in the 90’s
    Y'know who else has a Hulk story to tell?

me

Scott Snyder. Just sayin' :P

I’d take Snyder or Johns but of the two it’s Snyder who is currently not at DC. Johns seems to be gearing up for more DC work again, he’s not exclusive this time around so a Hulk run from him isn’t outside the realm of possibility.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #413
    “Illegal Aliens”
    Cover Date: January 1994
    Sale Date: November 16th, 1993
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Gary Frank
    Inker: Cam Smith
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Rick Jones, Betty Banner, Marlo Chandler, Doc Samson, Hector, Ulysses, Cassie, Atlanta,
    Villain: Trauma
    Synopsis: We open to Trauma, kneeling before his father, begging him to go back to Earth and take Atlanta as his mate. He relents and tells him not to make a muddle of it. On Earth, Doc Samson is frustrated that once again, the Hulk has shown up for a session via a hologram. Samson begins questioning Banner’s motives and moods, asking him how to describe himself. “A man of science. Rational. Analytic.” he replies. Samson then questions his motives in various instances, like Trans-Sabal, the U-Foes, Captain America, Samson himself, Piecemeal, Ft. Cheer and the Bi-Beast…all of which were the same standard reply…”Hit him.” An exasperated Samson finishes by saying NONE of these reactions are something Bruce Banner would do, but the rampaging Hulk. This catches him off guard and Banner ends the session. Rick comes in and Samson abruptly tells him they need to talk. Now. At the Mount, the Hulk is taking his frustrations out in a Danger-Room type setting with Atlanta. Atlanta is also with him, and he has told her that she and Achilles have to separate because it still has an effect on Ajax (and other citizens in the Mount). In Reno, Marlo and Betty are talking about the wedding, future living arrangements and then we cut back to the Mount. Ulysses gives the Hulk an update on Susan Jacobson and we are then greeted by the arrival of Perseusus’ daughter, Cassiopea. Cut back to New Mexico, as Rick Jones is sitting near the trench at the gamma bomb explosion site, recalling his conversation with Doc Samson a few hour ago. Atlanta arrives and they have a conversation about her frustration with the Hulk’s orders. Trauma arrives to take her away, as Rick isn’t much of a threat. The Hulk soon arrives and instead of the traditional smash n’ bash technique, he begins to ask Trauma to “work out some peaceful means of negotiations” before getting shot at. The Troyjan guns viciously cut through his body, making Rick believe he’s dead. He wakes up, weakly states he’s just getting his second wind, but they’ve already flown away. The Hulk’s anger increases and his words catch Rick off guard as he states “This is war! I’ll hunt them down and smash them! Smash them all!!” Now he begins to understand Samson’s fear….
    Commentary: I still am not invested in any of the appearances of Trauma, or the Troyjans in general. Gary Frank is really knocking it out of the park. The session with Samson and the “Hit Parade” panel sequence, I got a JLI/Kevin Maguire vibe to it. His facial expressions, he’s very very good with quiet moments. I know that one of the main reasons he left both the Hulk and Superman was because he wanted more action in his scripts (PAD admitted to this admission), but dang, it’s just great to look at.

BANNED

Cates responded to fan concerns on twitter, he said he needed breathing space and is dealing a lot with 'life', but he is still working and is putting together something 'insane' with Cebulski and Will Moss.

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1594764844745506816
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 11-22-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well I’m definitely expecting a Hulk relaunch sometime soon then. Wonder who they’re going to get to write the book, nobody in the Marvel writing roster stands out as an obvious choice.
    Or they can just wait for a moment before a relaunch. We don't to have always a Hulk title. Just let the character in peace for a moment. This what Marvel should do after Immortal Hulk.

But man, it not always you see a big writer one big titles stop this work like that. Especially when this Thor seem to be important for a futur event with Marvel.

I agree that the Hulk should have been rested after Immortal Hulk. And I think following Ewing's clever take on the character with Cates smashing action figures together wasn't the best idea. It really showed the gap in the ability between the two writers.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Given that Torunn Grønbekk seems to have just quietly taken over Thor without any big changes to the status quo or direction of the book, I could see the same happening to Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Ryan Ottley is writing and illustrating HULK #11-14... but in even bigger and better news...

DONNY CATES IS OFF HULK AND THOR!!!!
    Finally. He's probably the worst Hulk and Thor writer in a few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's not explained to us in detail, just months ago he said on twitter that he will be stepping back his activity on social media due to some family emergency, this also translated into him stepping away from comics as well.

Now obviously i don't want to speculate much, cause it feels wrong to do, but usually stuff like this means that either someone very close to him or possibly even Donny himself got diagnosed with some really bad illness... not gonna list which but i guess you can imagine, so they are focusing on that rather than comics.

So while i am glad Hulk is changing writers, in no way would i have wanted it to happen under these circumstances, so whatever is happening i hope ultimately Donny and his family are alright.
    Its probably his divorce from his wife. That can mess people up.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Oh geeze. Is that what's happening?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Wow is that whats been going on? That is insane if true considering how much he used to post about how in love they are, that she is his best friend and soulmate... damn...
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 11-23-2022 at 05:24 AM.