Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

I was just thinking the other day about the rumors of a World War Hulk project. The MCU is in the Multiverse Saga and Secret Wars is on the way...they could introduce the Maestro in the World War Hulk role inducing the 616 Earth.

The Accident

Interesting... that ship is either the Grandmaster's "Commodore", reassembled and with a new paint job, or another ship in its class.

There was a rumor that the Hulk was willingly going to go off-world at the end of She-Hulk, and that would lead into a WWH movie.

So what if... that ship was actually there to pick him up. But now will have to try again at the end of the series.

MCU Fan Finds Evidence Indicating Marvel May Be Able to Shoot a Solo Hulk Film in 2023
    https://www.cbr.com/mcu-fan-evidence...l-studios-mcu/

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    MCU Fan Finds Evidence Indicating Marvel May Be Able to Shoot a Solo Hulk Film in 2023
    I hope this is true! It would be great to see other stories or even another actor playing Bruce Banner and/or do more of a horror slant on the Hulk via Immortal Hulk.

They can also embrace more of the Hulk’s character cast like Rick, Betty, Amadeus or even more recent Jacky McGee

BANNED

Why do people not understand that if Disney wanted they would start shooting a Hulk film not in 2023, but tomorrow. They worked out a deal with Sony over Spiderman which was way more expensive and harder than any deal Universal would give them over a property they literally aren't doing anything with. The problem isn't the legal issues(that was always just an excuse), the problem is they DONT WANT TO do a Hulk solo film. They literally don't know what to do and they don't think Hulk works as a solo character, only in a supportive role.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Why do people not understand that if Disney wanted they would start shooting a Hulk film not in 2023, but tomorrow. They worked out a deal with Sony over Spiderman which was way more expensive and harder than any deal Universal would give them over a property they literally aren't doing anything with. The problem isn't the legal issues(that was always just an excuse), the problem is they DONT WANT TO do a Hulk solo film. They literally don't know what to do and they don't think Hulk works as a solo character, only in a supportive role.
    The difference is that Sony had a much more high profile character, that they had run into the ground.

If the Hulk rights are indeed set to expire, waiting a year, or even ten, is nothing to Disney. They're a business, and they will outlast everyone on this board.

More than that, a Hulk movie wouldn't have fit Marvel's tone, prior to now. But now, Disney is branching out with Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, we have a Blade movie in the works and I suspect more, darker movies to come. So they might be more confident about their ability to thread the needle

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The difference is that Sony had a much more high profile character, that they had run into the ground.

If the Hulk rights are indeed set to expire, waiting a year, or even ten, is nothing to Disney. They're a business, and they will outlast everyone on this board.

More than that, a Hulk movie wouldn't have fit Marvel's tone, prior to now. But now, Disney is branching out with Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, we have a Blade movie in the works and I suspect more, darker movies to come. So they might be more confident about their ability to thread the needle
    Yes a much more high profile character that both Sony and Disney wanted to profit from. From what we know from both Disney and Universal neither really care to profit at all from Hulk.

Has anyone stopped for a second to think how f@cked up it is that after all this time Hulk is reduced to a side character to a character that spawned from him lol.

There is NOT going to be a Hulk centric movie or series, at least for another 10+ years. There just isn't gonna be any and personally i dont want one either. The tone of Marvel is all wrong, they can't make a movie without forcing in a joke every 5 seconds, their movies are total garbage nowadays. Multiverse of Madness i had hopes for but was utterly crap, so was Thor 4 which is something i didn't expect from Watiti. The "darker" stuff they are doing now isn't even dark and is constantly ruined by out of place humor. In a theater when they revealed Jane Foster had cancer which was meant to be a serious scene obviously, the whole theater burst into laughter, people were so broken by the movies they didn't know how to react other than laugh. So no i don't want a Hulk solo movie, i don't want a Hulk series, if someone maybe at Netfilx were to do it, like an Immortal Hulk series on a high budget, or maybe even animated, that actually would be better probably as you could show much more gore. But other than that there is no actual future for Hulk in the MCU and i am glad that there wont be any movies/series from him any time soon and i am hoping the rumors of him dying/retiring by the end of She-Hulk are true, i don't want to see that limp-wristed version of Hulk dragging itself along the MCU like the corpse from Weekend at Bernies.

Netflix Daredevil is still the best Marvel has produced, by far. And now that he is crossing over to MCU, the first thing they said they will do with him is make him "lighter" https://winteriscoming.net/2022/08/1...-of-daredevil/
    So RIP to that character as well.

Ultimate Member

It's hilarious to me how everyone complains about constant jokes.

I remember plenty of humor in Peter David's Hulk. He, and Marvel at large, understand that you can't relentlessly rise tension in a story, Viewers need to breathe.

Otherwise, we end up with crap like Snyder.

Though in the case of the last two Thors, yeah, a little too far.

BANNED

Peter David knew when to joke and when not to, imagine if PAD had Hulk cracking constant jokes in the issue where Jim Wilson is dying of AIDS, modern Marvel would literally do that. The first Avengers movie was FILLED with jokes, still has my favorite jokes in all of MCU in it and yet it was a great film that knew when to joke and when not to.

I literally just finished saying how in Thor 4 when Jane reveals she has cancer the audience literally laughed, because they were so broken they didn't know how else to react. Nobody is talking about relentlessly rising tension in the story. Just literally do stuff that movies like the first Ironman or the first Avenger movie or the Guardian movies have STILL managed to do to this day.

Snyder is literally the extreme opposite of that, that no sane person is advocating for. I think you should rewatch some of the old MCU movies and then compare them to some of the modern ones and you will see a clear difference in pacing, quantity and quality of the jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dsG4h1FjIo

Also yea, the director confirmed that Hulk is passing the torch to She-Hulk, this is probably the last time we will see Hulk in a very long time

https://www.hindustantimes.com/enter...294347711.html

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I literally just finished saying how in Thor 4 when Jane reveals she has cancer the audience literally laughed, because they were so broken they didn't know how else to react. Nobody is talking about relentlessly rising tension in the story. Just literally do stuff that movies like the first Ironman or the first Avenger movie or the Guardian movies have STILL managed to do to this day.
    Oh wow yeah when Jane's cancer was revealed at my theater the audience was straight up laughing at the reveal

Just the way it was casually shown and Jane and Darcy's behavior during it made the whole thing inherently comical

The Accident

Interesting... that ship is either the Grandmaster's "Commodore", reassembled and with a new paint job, or another ship in its class.

There was a rumor that the Hulk was willingly going to go off-world at the end of She-Hulk, and that would lead into a WWH movie.

So what if... that ship was actually there to pick him up. But now will have to try again at the end of the series.

The catalyst of the last live-action TV show was pretty much a car accident-David's inability to save his wife from one leads into his research about the sources of hidden strength.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's hilarious to me how everyone complains about constant jokes.

I remember plenty of humor in Peter David's Hulk. He, and Marvel at large, understand that you can't relentlessly rise tension in a story, Viewers need to breathe.

Otherwise, we end up with crap like Snyder.

Though in the case of the last two Thors, yeah, a little too far.
    I feel like things need to be balanced. I think sometimes Marvel goes too far in deflating the tension.

I would rather have a Hulk cartoon like the Spider-Man one that’s it’s own separate thing. I don’t think MCU Hulk can be salvaged at this point and I’d rather just get a fresh start in another medium set on another Earth. Given how trash Marvel CGI is because of how they treat the VFX teams, something like Immortal Hulk would work better in animation anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I would rather have a Hulk cartoon like the Spider-Man one that’s it’s own separate thing. I don’t think MCU Hulk can be salvaged at this point and I’d rather just get a fresh start in another medium set on another Earth. Given how trash Marvel CGI is because of how they treat the VFX teams, something like Immortal Hulk would work better in animation anyway.
    Considering they have a hard time making cartoons without justifying it in the MCU, I can already see a Hulk cartoon set in the MCU only it's "What if Hulk didn't join the Avengers" so we can get a traditional Hulk that isn't beholden to the MCU .

Fantastic Member

I discovered last night, that comments I made trying to clarify my position about Cancel Culture (in late September 2021) to many posters who were misconstruing my position, was censored.

There wasn't anything in there that was disrespectul, nor curse words.

Can I be told why my comments were removed?

I'm building an argument map on this topic. It also touches on the social media pressure for celebrities like Amber Heard to lose their ability to make a living in cinema, outside of the official consequences decided by a jury (pending an appeal).

And Ezra of course ; but that hasn't been fully shaken out yet.

I'll publish the argument map elsewhere. But it doesn't seem fair to censor comments on this forum without explanation, when no rules were broken.
    Last edited by xcoijoi; 08-16-2022 at 05:27 AM.