Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I thought the Banner of War book was supposed to ship today?

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    From memory, there's not a lot of them.

The main one I recall is Vapor from the U-Foes... he tends to thunderclap her away or breathe her in and blow her elsewhere. I think once he attacked her with another substance do to a science attack (probably a Banner controlled Hulk)

Anyways here's a list:
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...lRoguesGallery
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...kRoguesGallery

Mercy
    Blackbird
    Glazier
    Gamma Corp - Mess
    Jailbait & Ogress (Leader's creations)
    Ms Modok (one time creation of MODOK)
    Most of those are “who?” status, Hulk should get some new female Rogues.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

I had the latest Hulk Epic Collection on wishlist at InStockTrades AND Lone Star Comics.
    Damn thing disappeared.
    Since I work at Amazon (actually, it was my last day there) and ABSOLUTELY DO NOT TRUST how they treat their trades in those pods, those two are my only trusted source for ordering Epics.
    Getting into the Mantlo era, so the uncollected stuff should be out in a few years. I do not want to miss these....

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Ahh hell, it was pushed out a couple weeks.
    Oh well, going back to my old job with better pay and sign on bonus. Much celebrating this week and next.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s just for a couple stores, and Hulk just got a shiny new number 1 with a high profile creative team. Be a bigger shock if it didn’t outsell Batman given he’s currently in the midst of a filler run until Zdarsky takes over. Plus it didn’t beat the main Bat title, just two of the 15 Bat titles DC is putting out. Still doing well for now though.
    Ah, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Moonstone used to be a big one I think, but I don't think they've fought since the 90s (When the Thunderbolts debuted in IH).
    Checking out her appearances in Incredible Hulk, she only showed up in IH#228~232, she's the reason Hulk couldn't stay in Gamma Base anymore since she tricked everyone into thinking Hulk made Ross have a nervous breakdown, but after that, she only had a brief fight with Hulk in #232 (If you can even call it a fight, Hulk grabbed and threw her) and left.

Her appearances after this generally have her in Captain America and Avengers before she became part of the Thunderbolts, and in other Hulk related comics, I'm not seeing her fight him at all, closest thing I've found was Dark Reign: The List - Hulk, where she briefly fights Skaar, but Banner doesn't transform into Hulk (She does help make him be able to transform again funnily enough).

So yeah, while her showing up in Incredible Hulk is the reason she's Moonstone at all (She debutted 3 years before as some random named mook in Captain America#192), she stopped dealing with him pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 04-27-2022 at 11:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Most of those are “who?” status, Hulk should get some new female Rogues.
    Hulk in general needs more villains male, female doesnt matter. He has one of the worst rogue gallery of any superhero. So yea he needs more villains and writers need to revamp some of his old ones.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

From memory, there's not a lot of them.

The main one I recall is Vapor from the U-Foes... he tends to thunderclap her away or breathe her in and blow her elsewhere. I think once he attacked her with another substance do to a science attack (probably a Banner controlled Hulk)

Anyways here's a list:
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...lRoguesGallery
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...kRoguesGallery

Mercy
    Blackbird
    Glazier
    Gamma Corp - Mess
    Jailbait & Ogress (Leader's creations)
    Ms Modok (one time creation of MODOK)
    I think Mercy was in Hulk Ultimate Destruction.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    She was but she originally made her debut in #338 and later appeared in the Annual (#16) and eventually joined the Thunderbolts before they trapped her in Hell.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

She was but she originally made her debut in #338 and later appeared in the Annual (#16) and eventually joined the Thunderbolts before they trapped her in Hell.
    I forgot she was in Red Hulk's T-Bolts. Thanks.
    "Cable was right!"

Watching Moon Knight's episode 5 kind of reminded me a bit of #377 as well as parts of Ewing's series which delved into Banner's troubled past (Both built on Mantlo's story, naturally). Grant is pretty much inspired/created by Marc's love of Indiana Jones style adventure movies; kind of like how Joe was formed from Banner watching gangster movies and Devil from reading Paradise Lost.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-28-2022 at 10:36 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That’s where I met her for the first time. Man I wish they’d make a spiritual successor to that game.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

That’s where I met her for the first time. Man I wish they’d make a spiritual successor to that game.
    It seems a lot of people first were introduced to her there.

When she first appeared in the comics there wasn't much info given, and McFarlane's art made her look alien. So when the videogame came around I guess they took the opportunity to make her more grounded and expand things.

Anyways, it sucks we never got a real sequel. The developers were acquired and merged into Activision's group and became a support team for Bungie to work on Destiny. The same thing happened to the guys who made some excellent Transformers games -- they were tasked with supporting Call of Duty.

Either way, it looked like the studio was more interested in doing their own superhero with the Prototype series.. they were in the middle of making a third one when that was cancelled.

With any luck, presuming the Blizzard/Microsoft merger happens, they'll have the freedom to go back and work on these types of projects again.

Fantastic Member

With Hulk vs Thor coming up, I thought I'd post this video I just saw which for once shows a Hulk that heals/moves quickly, etc.. unlike the other animation match ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Hulk in general needs more villains male, female doesnt matter. He has one of the worst rogue gallery of any superhero. So yea he needs more villains and writers need to revamp some of his old ones.
    Yeah, I definitely agree. The main Hulk villains usually consist of the Leader, Abomination, Thunderbolt Ross, Maestro and that's about it. I was really hoping Titan would live up to the hype especially since he was initially dubbed as "Hulk's Knull" but thus far it's been quite the contrary.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

With Hulk vs Thor coming up, I thought I'd post this video I just saw which for once shows a Hulk that heals/moves quickly, etc.. unlike the other animation match ups.

Daaaayuuuum!