Cover Date: June 1994
Sale Date: April 19th, 1994
Writer: Peter David
Artist: Gary Frank
Inker: Cam Smith
Letterer: Joe Rosen
Colorist: Glynis Oliver
Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Banner, Marlo Chandler, damn near everyone in the Marvel Universe (good or bad) in 1994.
Villain: Mephisto
Synopsis: Open to a hungover Betty, Rick and Marlo, talking about Marlo’s stag film. She storms off and ends up taking a stroll on the beach to clear her head. A shadowy figure interrupts and takes up her offer on giving up her soul to make it better. She brushes off the encounter as being a dream, and shakes hands with him. Suddenly she’s back in bed with Rick apologizing for his behavior earlier, and the odd look on her face has wondering if the stranger really did what he said. Cut to the chapel, where various super heroes are starting to show up, one of which includes Rom and Brandy. As the wedding begins, more and more individuals appear, such as Drax the Destroyer, Mr. Hyde, the Absorbing Man, Kree and Skrulls from across the galaxy. Suddenly, Mephisto appears and is making his claim on Marlo’s soul. The Hulk isn’t having it, and is easily handling the demon…who is actually allowing the Hulk to take advantage of him for purposes we will see many years down the road. He retreats and the wedding finishes without further conflict. The issue ends with Marlo making small talk with an unidentified individual (who we know as Death) and leaves her a brush as a wedding gift.
Commentary: Good issue, some of the gags could have been left out. Trying to look at it with 1994 eyes…I didn’t know or care about the whole “brush with death” gag, I thought the Peter David as the pastor was meh. Had a hard time believing the villains wouldn’t do anything and I thought the Kree/Skrull invitations was a little too over the top. Looking at it now, it’s done for fun. I was in my second semester of college at the time, and my life had dramatically changed from the first. I discovered alcohol, a new dormmate, a girlfriend and I was running out of money for my school supplies, which disappointed my photography instructor. How I was able to keep up on my comic purchases is beyond me. I do remember making it a mission to find the ashcan edition for this issue, though.