Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1139
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Finally. He's probably the worst Hulk and Thor writer in a few decades.
    I think the worst part of Cates' Thor was Blake since THor was absent for a lot of it but Black Winter and God of Hammers were good.

Hulk wasn't. They should give the title back to Jen again cuz the Powell book is boring.
    "Cable was right!"

Given that Captain America 4 is coming out with Ross the comics will probably make use of the character again, although he's been in limbo (Apart from Immortal Hulk flashbacks) since coming back in Captain America I think.

If the next writer builds a bit on what Ewing established, I think it'd probably be a pretty cool idea for the new cosmically powered Joe to fight Ross's likewise cosmically powered Red Hulk. Kind of interesting because, although Ross was kind of responsible for his 'return', Ross was dead for pretty much the entire Grey Hulk/Joe era.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think the worst part of Cates' Thor was Blake since THor was absent for a lot of it but Black Winter and God of Hammers were good.

Hulk wasn't. They should give the title back to Jen again cuz the Powell book is boring.
    I agree, his Thor work isn’t bad.

But his Hulk work isn’t great. He didn’t seem “all-in” on Hulk at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh geeze. Is that what's happening?
    Yeah, it's sad to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Wow is that whats been going on? That is insane if true considering how much he used to post about how in love they are, that she is his best friend and soulmate... damn...
    Yeah, he's apparently not taking it well. Who can blame him.

Astonishing Member

Genis-vell finale happened today and well those who are huge fangs of PAD Hulk run and Marlo especially her and Rick relationship.

spoilers:
    Death felt sick and tired being the personification of death and Marlo volunteered to take her place and becoming the new Death, leaving Rick alone, they kissed and Marlo tells Rick to think of her as she leaves.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Yeah, it's sad to hear.

Yeah, he's apparently not taking it well. Who can blame him.
    Btw where did you hear this from?

Astonishing Member

That sucks about what's going on with Cates but any sources, and heres a preview for new week Pak Worldbreaker book.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/23/ma...orldbreaker-1/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Given that Captain America 4 is coming out with Ross the comics will probably make use of the character again, although he's been in limbo (Apart from Immortal Hulk flashbacks) since coming back in Captain America I think.

If the next writer builds a bit on what Ewing established, I think it'd probably be a pretty cool idea for the new cosmically powered Joe to fight Ross's likewise cosmically powered Red Hulk. Kind of interesting because, although Ross was kind of responsible for his 'return', Ross was dead for pretty much the entire Grey Hulk/Joe era.
    Good point! I could see this as a smart manuever that sidesteps a lot of problems, and keeping with the history, is yet another go to the well moment by repeating a past Hulk event.

Ross returning to take over the title briefly would let Marvel gear up for MCU synchronicity, as well as give a much needed break to a definitive run (Ewing) while they get a pitch in order.

So, a poll for everyone:

-----------------------------------------------

1) Should they take a break from Bruce briefly and "retire/relaunch" the book later?
    a) Alternately, should they have another character take over for a while ala Jeff Parker's Red Hulk?

2) Full Speed Ahead! Keep with Bruce as the lead and:
    a) Tie up the Titan and Spaceship Hulk arcs?
    b) "I'm back." "You're not a spaceship anymore Bruce?" "I don't want to talk about that right now, maybe later, suffice to say.. I got better."

I kind of wish they'd go for a time travel arc, but that'd require a LOT of planning ala Immortal Hulk to pull it off. Aside from the character not really having undergone a long term arc like that (aside from Maestro? in so far as the other superheroes seem to regularly deal with it). Maybe it's an opportunity to tweak things/explain things over the years (repeated themes/events; changes in the character over the years -- something akin to the Intelligencia working behind the scenes to resurrect villains, etc but with Bruce altering his own past) Time travel would be a good way to keep the Hulk away from the rest of the MU and events.. and if you need to have guest stars -- interact with them in the past. As a bonus, it's a reminder that Bruce is capable of inventing time travel as a necessity as seen in the MCU.
    Last edited by Cth; 11-23-2022 at 06:16 PM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Genis-vell finale happened today and well those who are huge fangs of PAD Hulk run and Marlo especially her and Rick relationship.

spoilers:
    Death felt sick and tired being the personification of death and Marlo volunteered to take her place and becoming the new Death, leaving Rick alone, they kissed and Marlo tells Rick to think of her as she leaves.
    end of spoilers
    I still can't believe this is how they ended it, I mean really? Sigh...I hope it gets undone someday.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Her character has unfortunately been in limbo for years pretty much with only the occasional appearances while Rick has been fairly active (although he was dead for a while and then used, posessed, mutated again etc.)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Her character has unfortunately been in limbo for years pretty much with only the occasional appearances while Rick has been fairly active (although he was dead for a while and then used, posessed, mutated again etc.)
    That's what bothers me so much, they practically tossed her aside again, no other writer is going to keep to her being that. They'll just bring the original back with no explanation and then we'll be left wondering what happened to her.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Had a birthday and for some gifts I got World War Hulk and Hulk: The End trade

Already read WWH, great stuff. Its basically the comic equivalent of Dragon Ball Super Broly, just this one gigantic epic fight-fest of Hulk vs the Marvel Universe

Hulk's final battle with Sentry especially was epic

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Had a birthday and for some gifts I got World War Hulk and Hulk: The End trade

Already read WWH, great stuff. Its basically the comic equivalent of Dragon Ball Super Broly, just this one gigantic epic fight-fest of Hulk vs the Marvel Universe

Hulk's final battle with Sentry especially was epic
    A belated happy birthday to you, Mantis-Ray! Keep on smashing

I really love WWH. It's a lovely showing of JRJR's talents. There's plenty of heart to the story, too--I fondly remember the scenes Banner shares with Doc Strange. Also a great Sentry story

Astonishing Member

Yeah its unfortunately for Marlo, I did enjoy her and Rick relationship. I did posted the preview for Greg Pak WorldBreaker series next week if you saw it, anyone interested in it,

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    That's what bothers me so much, they practically tossed her aside again, no other writer is going to keep to her being that. They'll just bring the original back with no explanation and then we'll be left wondering what happened to her.
    Sadly true.

PAD seems to keep trying to slot in changes to the cosmic side of Marvel without taking into consideration any pathos, or how it might compliment the concept.

I mean, he made Strong Guy the king of all hells. And we were lucky that was addressed, all things considered