Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Kinda surprised that Bruce's arm looks healed, though
    There's a car crash scene in the trailer.. I wonder if it'll just be her in the car and she's brought into the hospital on life support and Bruce is called in because she's going to die and is her last relative.

I would imagine that's when they reveal the healing properties of the Hulk and he makes the decision to give her a blood transfusion to heal her body. Since he's got the transformations under control he isn't worried about her turning into a monster. That being said, he probably has her in observation to make sure she doesn't go ill/turn into a monster.. and when she appears as She Hulk for the first time he feels obligated to train/guide her since he got his transformations under control.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    I think the idea of a WWH movie started as a 4chan rumor, so I'll wait for something a little more substantial.

It's certainly possible though, so worth keeping an ear out for. Story-wise, perhaps the IG could have had some long-term effects that manifest during the She-Hulk series. All that power could have slowly amped him up, but begin to degrade the merger. And we've seen one version of the Illuminati now, so that could play a role.
    If it were up to me to adapt it..

They're already laying the groundwork for Strange to form his own Illuminati in our world. Chances are Bruce's Professor Hulk status is shaken up, possibly something happens to cause him to go berserk. They have to be setting up superhuman law for some reason, aside from Daredevil. Maybe making a Stamford/Civil War type incident with Hulk in the middle of it. Eventually deciding to exile him to another dimension, except he returns as a pissed off Maestro to set up a new villain.

Ultimate Member

The latest Banner of War chapter is very interesting.

We actually see what happened in El Paso.

It seems some sort of "entity" has gotten into Bruce. We still don't know what it is though.

BANNED

The latest Banner of War issue which happened in Thors book was really, really lame... Just when i thought we actually got of to an OK start, the fight gets dialed back completely. The entire issue was exposition and the worst thing is it doesn't even reveal anything much to us, just what we already knew really with some minor details that may or may not tie to Immortal Hulk.

On top of that it was highly disrespectful to both Hulk and Thor fans, for one this was a Banner centric issue and the El Paso "reveal" was done in a Thor comic, so basically a big F.U. to any Hulk fans that arent interested in the event. Secondly despite it being in a Thor comic it mostly had to do with as i said Banner, Thor was barely even shown in it, it had way more of Odin, there was virtually no action except for Thor headbutting Hulk after Hulk grabbed him and started firing on him with his mounted guns which was stupid.

I dunno guys... from the previews the next issue seems more exciting at least, but given that it's Cates you never know, it might end up being lame as well, hopefully not...

On top of that it was highly disrespectful to both Hulk and Thor fans, for one this was a Banner centric issue and the El Paso "reveal" was done in a Thor comic, so basically a big F.U. to any Hulk fans that arent interested in the event. Secondly despite it being in a Thor comic it mostly had to do with as i said Banner, Thor was barely even shown in it, it had way more of Odin, there was virtually no action except for Thor headbutting Hulk after Hulk grabbed him and started firing on him with his mounted guns which was stupid.
    And do these stupid fans know that they are reading a crossover, and that if they are not interested in Thor or the Hulk, then they should skip the ENTIRE event of two series, and not some of its parts?
    Or is it too difficult?
    Trust me - Hulk fans know exactly what they need to read this comic, because they know that this is a crossover, it has a checklist to follow and that this event is not written by someone out there, but by the writer of the current run on the Hulk, who continues story here.
    It's not very hard
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 05-18-2022 at 11:34 AM.

Fantastic Member

Interesting how the ship has an "auto pilot" mode.. and Bruce was worried that Hulk doesn't know he's not in a simulation once he's taken over.

Even Odin notices that Bruce accessed something even more powerful to create the ship.. I wonder if it's a parting gift from the One Above All for choosing to change/do good.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I guess the issue explains why it seemed that all the stuff at the ending of IH was seemingly abandoned in the new series, gotta give props to Cates' for that at least. My main question is, what exactly infected Bruce? I don't think it's another "evil" Hulk persona that somehow remained hidden because TOBA would've exploited it, so I'm very curious.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I guess the issue explains why it seemed that all the stuff at the ending of IH was seemingly abandoned in the new series, gotta give props to Cates' for that at least. My main question is, what exactly infected Bruce? I don't think it's another "evil" Hulk persona that somehow remained hidden because TOBA would've exploited it, so I'm very curious.
    He did at least connect his run to Ewing’s. I guess that entity is the same thing masquerading as “Betty”, perhaps it’s tied to the Magic of Bruce’s “Machine Palace”. It seems like the goal of the entity is to release Titan, but why is still a question to be answered.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    To put it mildly. Jen looks great at least but you guys were right, MCU Hulk is unsalvageable at this point. God I wish we could get something with him that wasn’t just a shameless MCU clone.
    Agree...Hipster douche hulk was a mistake. Now if they had 'evolved' him from how he was in Ragnorak to something like EMH or Avengers Assemble I think it could have worked.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Interesting how the ship has an "auto pilot" mode.. and Bruce was worried that Hulk doesn't know he's not in a simulation once he's taken over.

Even Odin notices that Bruce accessed something even more powerful to create the ship.. I wonder if it's a parting gift from the One Above All for choosing to change/do good.
    Yeah, Odin noticed that some kind of powerful magic was used to do whatever Bruce did to himself.

I think Bruce made a deal with another uber-powerful entity again. I hope it’s not Mephisto again because he’s been over used.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The latest Banner of War chapter is very interesting.

We actually see what happened in El Paso.

It seems some sort of "entity" has gotten into Bruce. We still don't know what it is though.
    Hope it is not another Hulk personality.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    As cliched as it may sound and it's been suggested to death (but often without any real reasons attached)..

If Cates does indeed pull from Ewing's run.. there was the time when the symbiote took over the Hulk and Devil Hulk vehemently disagreed. They made a specific point that he was one of the few hold outs to not get infected by a symbiote. Bruce's eyes go all black like when Knull was taking over someone. And as mentioned previously, there's the whole light/dark eyes repeated from the Uni Power/Knull showdown. Furthermore, Cates is bringing Venom into Thor's book after the crossover and historically he tends to carry characters over through books building on each other (Silver Surfer Black -> Thanos -> etc) Early on when promoting Titan, Marvel PR described things as Hulk's Knull and "Donny Cates and Ryan Ottley Seek Out the Final Answer to the Hulk's Uncontrollable Rage in a New Series" but to be fair, Marvel PR tends to play loose with things and may not literally mean delving into the source of Hulk's rage.

So far, we haven't seen a return of the Maker yet (I'm catching up on Cates' Venom run so I'll theorize on that later) but he's not magical so we can safely cross him off the list.

Zero chance of it being The Void.

It'll probably end up being some new entity ala TOBA/Knull/etc.. the question should be why is it so intent on releasing Titan especially if it has full control over Bruce's body? I can't see Mephisto either, especially as that would invite comparisons to Ewing's run and clash with it.

Sorry just thinking out loud, feel free to speculate

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Cho is sort of his own thing now I think. He only appeared in one issue in one scene of IH (Although he did get mentioned a few times). It's also the scene with the Namor cameo that kind of went nowhere.
    He showed up at least twice, in an issue where Banner wants to give consequences to big corporations, and another after Xemnu brainwashed the world into thinking Banner was a terrorist, and Cho makes a few comments in an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    So we have a black eyed Hulk battling a golden-eyed Thor, with '1000 exploding stars' being mentioned. What's with all the Sentry invocations? Is the Void what's haunting Hulk or something? Yeesh.
    Lol, that made me wonder "What if the Void had a Hulk?", since Marvel is asking stupid questions like that and all lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Immortal Hulk is up for an Eisner for Best Continuing Series as well as Alex Ross for Best Cover Artist (and he produced a lot for IH)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...er-awards-2022

[QUOTE=Cth;6053701]
    Zero chance of it being The Void.
    Not that I think it is, but I will point out that the black-eyes indicating Void possession goes back to Cates run on Strange, and even before that when Sentry himself was in the grasp of the Void. Knull's eyes went black when he absorbed the Void in KiB #1. Point is: it's been a consistent motif in Cates' writing with the Void.

I don't think it is, for the record, but it's hard not to feel like he's invoking Sentry in those panels for some reason.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-18-2022 at 06:17 PM.