Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So I played Hulk Ultimate Destruction a few months ago.

Some things about the game aged poorly, the jump mechanics are awkward, and I know the point is to have different jumping heights, but while playing it I was comparing it with Ultimate Spider-Man's Venom jump mechanics, where he has a regular and a super jump, instead of chargeable jumps.

Some of the things from the combat haven't aged that well too.

But, even with **** like this, the game has clear passion, the mini games are varied and I generally had fun with 'em, it's the right formula that just needs some polishing to be even better.

I don't trust a modern Triple A game to get anything about Ultimate Destruction right though lol.

From what I hear, the MCU Hulk game is basically just "Ultimate Destruction but worse" lol.
    Yeah the controls and gameplay obviously need improvement for a modern iteration, but damn if it isn’t still the best Hulk video game experience. Beats the hell out of the games that came later. The story however is the kind of thing we’d probably never get now, it’s dark and intense and focused on Bruce’s psychology. We get Doc Samson as a major supporting character, nowadays it would almost certainly be Tony Stark. I miss the days when Hulk could get dark as hell and he had his own world to play in with his own cast, instead of being reduced to the “Big Guy” of the Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've played it. Can verify.
    Was so hyped to play a new Hulk game and it took all the wind out of my sails to have it be worse than something that came out years prior.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Ottley is writing Hulk #11

https://twitter.com/RyanOttley/statu...84407584194560

Cates is out.
    Oh man, it was also announced a couple days ago that Cates also isn't writing Thor either.

I really hope he's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah the controls and gameplay obviously need improvement for a modern iteration, but damn if it isn’t still the best Hulk video game experience. Beats the hell out of the games that came later. The story however is the kind of thing we’d probably never get now, it’s dark and intense and focused on Bruce’s psychology. We get Doc Samson as a major supporting character, nowadays it would almost certainly be Tony Stark. I miss the days when Hulk could get dark as hell and he had his own world to play in with his own cast, instead of being reduced to the “Big Guy” of the Avengers.
    They even got Neil McDonough back as Bruce like he was in the 90's cartoon. And Ron Perlman as The Abomination! Cam Clarke as Doc Samson! It was amazing.

I think it was also the first time Fred Tatasciore voiced the Hulk.

I feel like the overemphasis on the Avengers have definitely hurt some characters as solo, standalone, heroes. And the MCU keeps squandering the Hulks' supporting cast.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh man, it was also announced a couple days ago that Cates also isn't writing Thor either.

I really hope he's alright.
    Same here.

I really hope Cates is alright.

Whatever is disrupting him appears very serious.

Ottley is writing Hulk #11

https://twitter.com/RyanOttley/statu...84407584194560

Cates is out.
    Yeah I don’t think this series is long for the world now. Basically turning into a filler run for Ottley to just draw cool fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Same here.

I really hope Cates is alright.

Whatever is disrupting him appears very serious.
    He was replying to people on Twitter a few days ago, dunno what’s up with him. He also is launching that new series with Stegman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I don’t think this series is long for the world now. Basically turning into a filler run for Ottley to just draw cool fights.

He was replying to people on Twitter a few days ago, dunno what’s up with him. He also is launching that new series with Stegman.
    Yeah, it's interesting because Vanish just came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, it's interesting because Vanish just came out.
    Please bear in mind that while whatever disruption Cates is enduring is probably on-going, the results (missing issues/delays/fill ins) can take a while to appear in the comic schedule too. There's a lag time. I hope he's able to get things under control and get back to his stories.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-22-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Please bear in mind that while whatever disruption Cates is enduring is probably on-going, the results (missing issues/delays/fill ins/ can take a while to appear in the comic schedule too. There's a lag time. I hope he's able to get things under control and get back to his stories.
    Very true.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Not sure what to make of the latest She-Hulk rumors..

spoilers:

- Bruce will be in Prof. Hulk mode throughout the run, appearing at the end of the first episode
    - 4th wall breaks start slow and devolve into her stopping the episode and talking with Kevin Feige
    - Skaar will be introduced
    - DD and She-Hulk hook up.
    - Jen is friendly with Abomination
    - Leader possibly reintroduced and leads a bunch of incels.
    end of spoilers

So, um, yeah.
    Time to revisit this from January based on the latest episode:

Yeah there's a lot of BS "leakers" out there but so far everything's lining up pretty well. No one was even talking about the Leader coming back to the MCU.

spoilers:

It'll probably end up being Todd but hopefully they reveal Sterns behind the whole thing.
    end of spoilers

int.jpg

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...k-modok-leader
    Last edited by Cth; 09-22-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

I've been avoiding doing this Hulk annual summary so....

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incre...nnual_Vol_1_19

Even though I liked it at the time, I've grown to see annuals as expensive try-out issues for new creators and lousy stories.
    Kirk Jarvenin is does have a nice style, though.

Ah yes, the 1993 annuals which tried to introduce several new characters, with only a few successes (Genis-Vell, some of the X-men ones)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/rea...planet-hulk-9/

Hulk 9 Preview, looks like Bruce split his personalities in working in some sort of Starship Enterprise mindscape.

and If you not happy with what Cates is doing, heres a preview of next week final issue of New Fantastic Four with PAD written Fixit.

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG220927
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 09-29-2022 at 02:22 PM. Reason: adding

Fantastic Member

Well, we've got a cleared look at that Ant Man trailer which confirms that MODOK leak from a while back.

Why's that important? It's another leak/rumor that the person leaked about Captain America and the Hulk stuff. Again, things can always change but this person seems to have a little more legitimacy than some of the other BS/looney bin "leakers"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Well, we've got a cleared look at that Ant Man trailer which confirms that MODOK leak from a while back.

Why's that important? It's another leak/rumor that the person leaked about Captain America and the Hulk stuff. Again, things can always change but this person seems to have a little more legitimacy than some of the other BS/looney bin "leakers"
    More Hulk stuff doesn't mean more Bruce Banner Hulk. It could be more "Hulks" in general like Jen or maybe we get Skaar or Red Hulk, etc... Either way they could announce a WWH movie or whatever tomorrow and i wouldn't care anymore. Actually at this point i would probably be upset. MCU is a complete joke, unless they are James Gunn they are incapable of actually doing good movies and shows anymore. Everything is just jokes that never land and never stop, bad CGI and plot and characters that are insufferable.

Some of the best Hulk stuff is completely opposite of that. Planet Hulk, WWH, Future Imperfect, Immortal Hulk, etc... all deal with serious subjects. I dont want another Thor movie, where a great Thor story line gets insanely condensed into one movie, not giving any of the characters proper room to breathe or develop and threatening everything including Jane having cancer and Sif dying as jokes...

I watched some of the She-Hulk stuff and it's some of the worst stuff i have seen put to television. Jen is vapid, narcissistic, vane and unlikable. While the story is like watching another Sex in the City show/movie rather than another Suits or Better Call Saul or even Boston Legal which had plenty of humor but was actually good at it. This is a show where the writers straight up admitted they had to cut much of the lawyer stuff cause they know nothing about it, instead of literally using endless Disney money that they have to hire 2-3 regular lawyers to consult them. I genuinely hate modern MCU.

Fantastic Member

This is a show where the writers straight up admitted they had to cut much of the lawyer stuff cause they know nothing about it, instead of literally using endless Disney money that they have to hire 2-3 regular lawyers to consult them. I genuinely hate modern MCU.
    Really?

That's news to me, cause Charles Soule was hired as a legal consultant. Yes, he used to write the character but he's also been a lawyer for many years.

It's fine to hate to series, but realize there's also a bunch of right wing nutjobs with an agenda out there selectively spreading lies. Hell, a lot of those well known fake leakers are the same right wing nutjobs.

https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...19631618375680