Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1139

Caera! I wonder how they'll work her in.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Ryan Ottley is writing and illustrating HULK #11-14... but in even bigger and better news...

DONNY CATES IS OFF HULK AND THOR!!!!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Ryan Ottley is writing and illustrating HULK #11-14... but in even bigger and better news...

DONNY CATES IS OFF HULK AND THOR!!!!
    They announced it?

What happened?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    They announced it?

What happened?
    It was announced on Twitter by Ryan Ottley himself.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It was announced on Twitter by Ryan Ottley himself.
    Ah, let me find the tweet

Found it

https://twitter.com/RyanOttley/statu...Cp-Y22w58sAAAA

So is Donny not writing Hulk anymore?

No, he moved on to other things. I’ll be writing the rest of this arc. There’s always a chance he comes back for later arcs but I just don’t know. I miss his amazing scripts, fortunately he created such a solid foundation that the world is such a blast to continue creating in!
    Man I hope Cates is doing alright

Well I’m definitely expecting a Hulk relaunch sometime soon then. Wonder who they’re going to get to write the book, nobody in the Marvel writing roster stands out as an obvious choice.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well I’m definitely expecting a Hulk relaunch sometime soon then. Wonder who they’re going to get to write the book, nobody in the Marvel writing roster stands out as an obvious choice.
    I have a few solid choices.

1. Kieron Gillen
    2. Ram V
    3. Chip Zdarsky
    4. Jim Zub

I have a few solid choices.

1. Kieron Gillen
    2. Ram V
    3. Chip Zdarsky
    4. Jim Zub
    1. Hm I can’t imagine what a Hulk from him would look like, but he seems neck deep in the X-Office so I don’t think he would add another book. But he’s a possibility.
    2. Love his work and he would bring back an Ewing vibe. He’s already on Venom & Carnage for Marvel and Tec for DC (plus I suspect he has other DC work in the pipeline). I don’t think he could add another book to his schedule right now.
    3. Hah I’d like to see it but he’s on Batman and Daredevil so it won’t happen any time soon. If you’re writing Batman you’re also basically in charge of the Batline over at DC, which is a ton of work in and of itself. Maybe if Daredevil ends he could come over soon.
    4. This one feels the most likely possibility, he doesn’t have anything major, but what makes him a good choice in your eyes?

Someone else who is currently unaffiliated but has expressed interest in writing Hulk is Scott Snyder. He’s currently indie but he’s talked about his own pitch for Hulk called Hulk Smash! which would be a horror take but of a different vibe from Immortal Hulk. I would love to read that.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Can someone explain to me what's happening with Cates?

I thought he was gonna be Marvel's new architect, I mean he was on a role for nearly half a decade

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    1. Hm I can’t imagine what a Hulk from him would look like, but he seems neck deep in the X-Office so I don’t think he would add another book. But he’s a possibility.
    2. Love his work and he would bring back an Ewing vibe. He’s already on Venom & Carnage for Marvel and Tec for DC (plus I suspect he has other DC work in the pipeline). I don’t think he could add another book to his schedule right now.
    3. Hah I’d like to see it but he’s on Batman and Daredevil so it won’t happen any time soon. If you’re writing Batman you’re also basically in charge of the Batline over at DC, which is a ton of work in and of itself. Maybe if Daredevil ends he could come over soon.
    4. This one feels the most likely possibility, he doesn’t have anything major, but what makes him a good choice in your eyes?

Someone else who is currently unaffiliated but has expressed interest in writing Hulk is Scott Snyder. He’s currently indie but he’s talked about his own pitch for Hulk called Hulk Smash! which would be a horror take but of a different vibe from Immortal Hulk. I would love to read that.
    Geoff Johns is another high on my list as he absolutely loves the character. I would like to see Scott Snyder take a shot at HULK, as I greatly enjoyed his Batman, Justice League and Superman Unchained. I also think Cullen Bunn would be a great choice.

I enjoyed Jim Zub on Samurai Jack and Conan the Barbarian, plus he co-wrote Avengers: No Surrender and Avengers: No Way Home with Al Ewing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Can someone explain to me what's happening with Cates?

I thought he was gonna be Marvel's new architect, I mean he was on a role for nearly half a decade
    It's not explained to us in detail, just months ago he said on twitter that he will be stepping back his activity on social media due to some family emergency, this also translated into him stepping away from comics as well.

Now obviously i don't want to speculate much, cause it feels wrong to do, but usually stuff like this means that either someone very close to him or possibly even Donny himself got diagnosed with some really bad illness... not gonna list which but i guess you can imagine, so they are focusing on that rather than comics.

So while i am glad Hulk is changing writers, in no way would i have wanted it to happen under these circumstances, so whatever is happening i hope ultimately Donny and his family are alright.

BANNED

With that said people are expecting too much of Marvel, i am 100% sure it's gonna be Pak back on Hulk, as he isn't really doing much else anyway. Or god forbid... another Jason Aaron Hulk run...

Ultimate Member

The oughta limbo Hulk for a little bit at least. Should have done that after Ewing left

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's not explained to us in detail, just months ago he said on twitter that he will be stepping back his activity on social media due to some family emergency, this also translated into him stepping away from comics as well.

Now obviously i don't want to speculate much, cause it feels wrong to do, but usually stuff like this means that either someone very close to him or possibly even Donny himself got diagnosed with some really bad illness... not gonna list which but i guess you can imagine, so they are focusing on that rather than comics.

So while i am glad Hulk is changing writers, in no way would i have wanted it to happen under these circumstances, so whatever is happening i hope ultimately Donny and his family are alright.
    Dang, I hope all is well.

I enjoy Cates a lot I hope we see him again soon.