Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    A question for Hulk historians: did he ever fight Bulldozer without the rest of the Wrecking Crew?

I have a vague memory of an issue where Hulk was chilling in a cave, and some villain attacked him. And I believe the villain was charging and headbutting, but it was not the Rhino.
    Something is tugging at this, but I'm drawing a blank. I keep thinking back to the encounter he and the Wrecking Crew had in Defenders #18 and #19.
    Was it an issue of Marvel Fanfare?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    A question for Hulk historians: did he ever fight Bulldozer without the rest of the Wrecking Crew?

I have a vague memory of an issue where Hulk was chilling in a cave, and some villain attacked him. And I believe the villain was charging and headbutting, but it was not the Rhino.
    I miss when the Wrecking Crew provided a decent fight against the Hulk.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I'm suprised Thunderball hasn't interacted with Hulk more given he's a gamma scientist as well (although not one that I think mutated). It would be interesting to see his reaction to the Green door stuff.

Then again IH had enough scientists as-is....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Calling all HULK fans!

It's time to SMASH that vote and make sure our Green Goliath ties with or surpasses the puny Thunder God in this poll!

http://https://twitter.com/Doncates/...CSAz3Ohiw&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Calling all HULK fans!

It's time to SMASH that vote and make sure our Green Goliath ties with or surpasses the puny Thunder God in this poll!

http://https://twitter.com/Doncates/...CSAz3Ohiw&s=19
    Link seems to be broken, here's a different link: https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1493692949183479819

BANNED

Issue 4 of Hulk run was another meh issue... I know i said i will lower my expectations to just enjoying the action of Cates run, but even the action is kinda bland... This is a far cry to what Greg Pak and Paul Pelletier used to do with the character just over a decade ago.

Out of curiosity I checked today's issue. I thought about dropping the book last month but the cover is so juicy, I can at least get some mindless action with some monsters. Right?
    Right?!...

Hulk DOESN'T fight "an army of gamma-powered monsters" in this issue like preview and cover promise to you. He fights Hulkbuster armors. That's it. It's called "false advertising" or just blatant lie. I just... I don't even get it. Why lying about thing like this? Why not just WRITE A BOOK about Ross sending various gamma-mutated monsters after Hulk? It could happen in the next issue or two. Who knows? But not in this one. Plans changed? Huh. Don't ask me.

And that last page... it features probably the worst design I've ever seen in my entire life. There are so many possibilities to draw "SpiderHulk" and they chose... the most dumb, boring and bland out of all. This is so bad it can physically hurt you. It COULD count as "gamma-mutated monster" but... it's only one. there is no indication there will be others. And there's no fight, only big "reveal" no one cares for.

It just doesn't worth my time. Or yours, if you value it.
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 02-16-2022 at 12:58 PM.

Fantastic Member

Well, looks like I guessed right about who shows up at the end of the preview.

I wonder if Cates' ten year old pitch was who appears at the end. Or if it was the idea of Bruce piloting the Hulk like a spaceship. Or both.

Fantastic Member

Wow. I was totally blown away. What a shock ending. I NEVER saw this coming.

Not Hulk. Just a TV episode I watching.

Sorry, Cates.

This has got to be one of the most meh Hulk runs that I’ve seen in recent history. And don’t get me started on how stupid this Starship Hulk concept still is.

Finally read Hulk #4. Eh another ok issue, but none of Cates’ “epic” shots are hitting like he wants. A Spider-Hulk? Whatever man, why should I care?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Yeeeaaaahh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finally read Hulk #4. Eh another ok issue, but none of Cates’ “epic” shots are hitting like he wants. A Spider-Hulk? Whatever man, why should I care?
    Yea i think Cates and Ottley screw themselves with all the unnecessary hype. They keep repeating you wont believe what we will do next, you are not ready for it i promise, you are gonna say so many swear words when you read the issues. And i am like ok??? I mean all of this would maybe hit different i haven't seen all that hype and if this wasn't all happening to alternate universe character. Like why should i care that alternate Peter Parker is a giant spider monster? I mean it's tragic yea but there are like a million stories like that in the alternate universe, it doesn't affect me at all, especially since we are gonna see these characters once and never again.

All of this emphasis and hype on action and it doesn't even come close to hitting the action beats of what Greg Pak did over a decade ago, when all that build up over the years of Hulk finally turning into the Worldbreaker and destroying a whole planet that was earned and it's still talk about to this day especially on battle forums, so yea that definitely succeeded as an action beat. Who the hell is gonna give a crap about Hulk fighting Ross army from an alternate world or alternate Peter Parker???

Oh and issue 5 according to Cates is gonna be the darkest thing he has ever written(once again more hype that he wont live up to)... Like i just dont care man... if you want it to be more action oriented, then at least do something that would have more impact on the characters. Hulk landing on the Shiar or Skrull or Kree planet would have actually had more impact than any of this, cause you can actually have consequences there that would matter on the rest of 616, but this is just.... meh...

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Ugh. Plan is to go to my LCS today, but not having any interest in picking up the latest issue. I didn't even see #3 on their shelf last month, so I don't know if they under-ordered or what. Plenty of variants of #1 still on the rack...I dunno. I just am not feeling it with this direction.
    More purging to do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yea i think Cates and Ottley screw themselves with all the unnecessary hype. They keep repeating you wont believe what we will do next, you are not ready for it i promise, you are gonna say so many swear words when you read the issues. And i am like ok??? I mean all of this would maybe hit different i haven't seen all that hype and if this wasn't all happening to alternate universe character. Like why should i care that alternate Peter Parker is a giant spider monster? I mean it's tragic yea but there are like a million stories like that in the alternate universe, it doesn't affect me at all, especially since we are gonna see these characters once and never again.

All of this emphasis and hype on action and it doesn't even come close to hitting the action beats of what Greg Pak did over a decade ago, when all that build up over the years of Hulk finally turning into the Worldbreaker and destroying a whole planet that was earned and it's still talk about to this day especially on battle forums, so yea that definitely succeeded as an action beat. Who the hell is gonna give a crap about Hulk fighting Ross army from an alternate world or alternate Peter Parker???

Oh and issue 5 according to Cates is gonna be the darkest thing he has ever written(once again more hype that he wont live up to)... Like i just dont care man... if you want it to be more action oriented, then at least do something that would have more impact on the characters. Hulk landing on the Shiar or Skrull or Kree planet would have actually had more impact than any of this, cause you can actually have consequences there that would matter on the rest of 616, but this is just.... meh...
    It just feels like the sort of story that would be exciting in Iron Man or the Fantastic Four, but which doesn't fit Hulk.