Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

So sad to see the Hulk laid low.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Not sure what to make of the latest She-Hulk rumors..

spoilers:

- Bruce will be in Prof. Hulk mode throughout the run, appearing at the end of the first episode
    - 4th wall breaks start slow and devolve into her stopping the episode and talking with Kevin Feige
    - Skaar will be introduced
    - DD and She-Hulk hook up.
    - Jen is friendly with Abomination
    - Leader possibly reintroduced and leads a bunch of incels.
    end of spoilers

So, um, yeah.
    Haha, wow at the last one.

Fantastic Member

Vordan,

If you have a chance, take a look at the Superheroes Every Day blog.

The writer Danny finished a complete review of the Dark Shadows tv series, and moved on to a history of superhero cinema.

The Deadliest Hulk in Marvel History Emerges in Upcoming Issue of Donny Cates and Ryan Ottley's 'Hulk'
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=147237468

The first arc of Donny Cates and Ryan Ottley’s mind-blowing Hulk saga will reach its epic climax as Bruce Banner’s control over Starship Hulk slips…and something much worse takes the wheel. The new threat that emerges promises to smash the HULK mythos to its core and will fuel Bruce Banner’s rage for the foreseeable future.

“This new threat is basically the Hulk’s Knull, but just like Donny and Ryan’s run on HULK overall, it’s crazier and more dangerous than you can imagine,” Editor Wil Moss said. “The heroes of the Marvel Universe may think Hulk is the problem, but he’s not -- THIS is the problem. And after HULK #6, there’s no stopping it…”
    Last edited by Kolwyr; 01-07-2022 at 02:04 PM.

And here I was thinking that Hulk had already had a KNull.

Someone’s gotta let Cates know we already got this story:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I really hope people drop this run but LCS folk are not that smart.

Cates just repeating himself...

Guys, when I said "Hulk is gonna feauture all-new "the deadliest" black threat", I was joking...
    Donny, do you have other stories to tell, or just one with different characters every time? Is there going to be 5-issue event at the end, like "Gamma War" or "Hulks Crisis"?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Yeah... barring something amazing between now and then, #6 will probably be my last.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Not sure what to make of the latest She-Hulk rumors..

spoilers:

- Bruce will be in Prof. Hulk mode throughout the run, appearing at the end of the first episode
    - 4th wall breaks start slow and devolve into her stopping the episode and talking with Kevin Feige
    - Skaar will be introduced
    - DD and She-Hulk hook up.
    - Jen is friendly with Abomination
    - Leader possibly reintroduced and leads a bunch of incels.
    end of spoilers

So, um, yeah.
    I was thinking "Okay, this could work" for most of these, but, the last two? Specially the last one? What in the **** hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Guys, when I said "Hulk is gonna feauture all-new "the deadliest" black threat", I was joking...
    Donny, do you have other stories to tell, or just one with different characters every time? Is there going to be 5-issue event at the end, like "Gamma War" or "Hulks Crisis"?
    Maybe we'll get an event out of every character who hulked out at least once, y'know, as a repeat of Absolute Carnage (Which I always felt like was a repeat of Blackest Night).

Oh well, read Hulk#2 and, feels like a half issue, not a fan of those, and Banner being this villanous to Hulk feels wrong.

I think it's a Cates thing, back in his Venom run, he decided to make the symbiote into an abuser while Brock was a poor lil' victim, but Banner is even worse.

Besides that, the idea I find the most interesting is Hulk's mind being reshaped for Banner to control, and so far it's pretty meh, too much like an actual ship lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Fantastic Member

Ha, I skipped this run so far, after all the satisfying closure from Immortal Hulk. And I'm glad.

It sounds like only the comments & blogs & videos are interesting, but not the book itself.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #369
    “Silent Screams”

Cover Date: May 1990
    Sale Date: March 20th, 1990
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Dale Keown
    Inker: Bob McCleod
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Doc Samson, the Lassiter family (Charlie, Margaret, Jack), Prometheus (of the Pantheon)
    Antagonists: Freedom Force
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner awakens to a shotgun pointed at him by a hostile home owner named Charlie Lassiter. The town Banner is hiding in was hit by a hurricane and the family is quite shaken up. They offer him some food and clothing as an apology. A few hundred miles away, Freedom Force has been tasked with bringing in the Hulk. The Blob offers some snarky, condescending comments, thinking back to their recent loss to Daredevil and further back when the Hulk taken him on and left him out of action for weeks. Mystique counters back that he’s chicken when she mentions that the Hulk is gray, smaller and weaker now. Before they head after the Hulk, they have to make a stop in New York City. Banner, meanwhile, is helping out with small repairs at the Lassiter home. Cut to the area Banner had hopped on the train from last issue, and we get our first cameo of Prometheus, who has picked up Banner’s trail in a fashion akin to Wolverine by sniffing the dirt. In New York, Mystique has altered her appearance and identity to that of Agent Darkholme of the FBI. She questions an elderly lady who called in a sighting of something monstrous in her coat closet. Nothing is found but after leaving the apartment, a gigantic hand opens the door, grabs the old woman and hauls her away. More on that next issue. Banner, meanwhile, says his goodbyes to the Lassiters as the sun begins to set. Unfortunately, Freedom Force has arrived. Pyro attempts to make the first move, but he’s taken out with a knee to the groin. Banner is then overpowered by Crimson Commando and the Blob. Unaware that sunset triggers the transformation now, the Blob thinks the mission is over. Not so, as an angry Hulk rises from the rubble. He and the Blob exchange snarky comments, and the Hulk manages to pull a fast one and leap away. He’s stopped by a humanoid fire creature by Pyro with an assist by the Crimson Commando that does nothing to help the situation. Blob manages to put the Hulk in a hold and makes a comment about how he “was barely stronger than me when you were green.” This pisses of the Hulk and he breaks free and painfully takes out Blob by stretching his stomach and launching him into the air, then punching him senseless and then batting him away with an steel i-beam. Unfortunately, the Blob lands on the Lassiter house, hurting little Jack and the Hulk and Crimson Dynamo rush to help. The Hulk retrieves and ambulance while Dynamo performs CPR. The Hulk gets one last shot in against Dynamo and leaps away with the ambulance.
    Commentary: Keown in his early glory. I was listening to a podcast a few years ago (free plug, it’s called “From Crisis to Crisis: A Superman Podcast”) and the hosts had McCleod on for an interview. He had stated that he left DC and the Superman book to work with Keown, loved his work. Leaps and bounds above Purves. One thing I liked about Keown’s run was how distinct his incarnations were. Keeping with the bowl cut, enlarged brow, but with a modern (modern for 1990) twist. And the bottom on page 25 is an homage to Sal Buscema from issue #201. I’m gonna tweak this commentary section on the next go-around. Maybe do bullet-points or something. I love this era but dang if I’m getting scatter-brained about stuff.

I've posted this over the years but here's a comparison of the published vs. the original transformation page. I still like the unpublished version, just doesn't seem as menacing with the Hulk facing in the opposite direction.

Extraordinary Member

Cates thinking not only is it okay for him to use this Knull style twice in a row but being proud of it is just... and Hulk has incarnations like Kluh and I doubt this story will have the impact of something like WWH anyway.

I'm still intrigued but damn this is a let down after Immortal Hulk