Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Remmender's Kluh was pure garbage as an idea, execution and design. Fraction's Nul wasn't any better. Mediocre ideas from equally subpar writers with both Kluh & Nul being no more formidable than Savage Hulk. -_-

At least give the writer the benefit of the doubt. The issue hasn't even hit the shelves yet (much like issues 3 onward) and you're already tossing it out the window.

Granted, it's not on par with PAD, Pak or Ewing's stellar beginnings on the character, but it's so far still a HELL of a lot more better and entertaining than the pure crap that was Jason Aaron's run, the boring mediocrity of Waid's run, the totally underwhelming run of Duggan's run, and the horrendous thing that was Pak's Totally Awesome Hulk.

I didn't expect this run to be on par with PAD, Pak or Ewing. I expected an action-packed, fun, crazy blockbuster akin to Loeb's run or Pak's later Hulk stories until his Heart of the Monster finale. So far it's pretty much what it is. But it's only been 2 issues! Give it a rest.

If you don't enjoy it, don't read it. Don't buy it. Simple as that. It saves a lot of time and fuss.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 01-07-2022 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Guys, when I said "Hulk is gonna feauture all-new "the deadliest" black threat", I was joking...
    Donny, do you have other stories to tell, or just one with different characters every time? Is there going to be 5-issue event at the end, like "Gamma War" or "Hulks Crisis"?
    Its going to be Hulk Knights : Gamma Metal obviously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Remmender's Kluh was pure garbage as an idea, execution and design. Fraction's Nul wasn't any better. Mediocre ideas from equally subpar writers with both Kluh & Nul being no more formidable than Savage Hulk. -_-

At least give the writer the benefit of the doubt. The issue hasn't even hit the shelves yet (much like issues 3 onward) and you're already tossing it out the window.

Granted, it's not on par with PAD, Pak or Ewing's stellar beginnings on the character, but it's so far still a HELL of a lot more better and entertaining than the pure crap that was Jason Aaron's run, the boring mediocrity of Waid's run, the totally underwhelming run of Duggan's run, and the horrendous thing that was Pak's Totally Awesome Hulk.

I didn't expect this run to be on par with PAD, Pak or Ewing. I expected an action-packed, fun, crazy blockbuster akin to Loeb's run or Pak's later Hulk stories until his Heart of the Monster finale. So far it's pretty much what it is. But it's only been 2 issues! Give it a rest.

If you don't enjoy it, don't read it. Don't buy it. Simple as that. It saves a lot of time and fuss.
    We can still criticize what we know so far, remember the literal editor of this series himself said and i quote “This new threat is basically the Hulk’s Knull", that's literally what they are selling it on, so yea people can freely criticize that part. Apart from it being a lazy, rehash of something that Cates has already done. I am much more worried this might do something to erase what Ewing has done, if we are gonna look at it that way, TOBA is probably the closest to being called a Hulks "Knull", so what Cates is doing is basically replacing or ignoring him or something... Either way he is introducing either a new Hulk personality or entity that seems to be hidden inside Hulks mind/body/gamma... and the obvious question is why???????? Why do we have to get this new entity, before we get any of the other Hulk personalities that everyone has been asking Cates about? Where are Fixit? Devil? Green Scar??? Can we at least have them be addressed in some way if not shown? No it's all just dumb, smashity smash...

Look i know this is more action driven, i know we are gonna get Hulk smashing planets and punching Celestials or whatnot and that's all fine and dandy, but we have to get SOME substance... I want at least some of the story elements addressed...

Personally i was hoping this Hulk run wouldn't sell all that well, so we could get someone else on the book but so far that doesn't seem to be the case, Cates has a pretty big, loyal fanbase i guess and Immortal Hulk has garnered a lot of new fans some of which dont wanna stick around, some of which do, so the book has actually been doing better than Cates Thor book did when it started, so seeing as we are stuck with Cates for the foreseeable future, i would at least hope he gets out of his Zach Snyder/Michael Bay mentality and actually does something meaningful in the long run.

Also this timeline makes no sense... After Hulk 6, Hulk is suppose to fight Thor for like 5 issues or whatever, but in issue 6 we get a new Hulk at the wheel that is suppose to take over for a while? How does that work? Either the Hulk vs Thor thing takes place before Hulk 6 which makes no sense since it starts in Hulk 7, or this new "Knull" who is suppose to be "unstoppable" for the Marvel heroes is literally stopped by a single Marvel hero as in Thor, which makes him less threatening and deadly than Devil was lol.

Extraordinary Member

You can't be mad at people from judging something on how they advertised it.We aren't making assumptions, The editor and Marvel promoted this is Hulk's Knull and Cate has a bad habit of repetition.

He's ignoring most of Immortal Hulk's lore at best and destroying it at worst.We just got The One Below All as Hulk's Knull if you will if not for Kluh, etc. We know he pitched this run before Immortal Hulk so not surprising.

And the action he prides his run on isn't an excuse for this, specially when most of what makes the action so good is the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    We can still criticize what we know so far, remember the literal editor of this series himself said and i quote “This new threat is basically the Hulk’s Knull", that's literally what they are selling it on, so yea people can freely criticize that part. Apart from it being a lazy, rehash of something that Cates has already done. I am much more worried this might do something to erase what Ewing has done, if we are gonna look at it that way, TOBA is probably the closest to being called a Hulks "Knull", so what Cates is doing is basically replacing or ignoring him or something... Either way he is introducing either a new Hulk personality or entity that seems to be hidden inside Hulks mind/body/gamma... and the obvious question is why???????? Why do we have to get this new entity, before we get any of the other Hulk personalities that everyone has been asking Cates about? Where are Fixit? Devil? Green Scar??? Can we at least have them be addressed in some way if not shown? No it's all just dumb, smashity smash...

Look i know this is more action driven, i know we are gonna get Hulk smashing planets and punching Celestials or whatnot and that's all fine and dandy, but we have to get SOME substance... I want at least some of the story elements addressed...

Personally i was hoping this Hulk run wouldn't sell all that well, so we could get someone else on the book but so far that doesn't seem to be the case, Cates has a pretty big, loyal fanbase i guess and Immortal Hulk has garnered a lot of new fans some of which dont wanna stick around, some of which do, so the book has actually been doing better than Cates Thor book did when it started, so seeing as we are stuck with Cates for the foreseeable future, i would at least hope he gets out of his Zach Snyder/Michael Bay mentality and actually does something meaningful in the long run.

Also this timeline makes no sense... After Hulk 6, Hulk is suppose to fight Thor for like 5 issues or whatever, but in issue 6 we get a new Hulk at the wheel that is suppose to take over for a while? How does that work? Either the Hulk vs Thor thing takes place before Hulk 6 which makes no sense since it starts in Hulk 7, or this new "Knull" who is suppose to be "unstoppable" for the Marvel heroes is literally stopped by a single Marvel hero as in Thor, which makes him less threatening and deadly than Devil was lol.
    All this

As for the last part he might stick Thor w/ a power up if it's this Hulk's Knull he's going against

Although knowing Cates it'll be a tease and Thor vs Hulk may happen because Hulk wants to know more about this but Thor thinks it's a bad idea

BANNED

I can understand your concerns and criticism. I agree with you on them. I would hate and utterly loathe it if Donny Cates would dare attempt to erase anything done by Al Ewing's run, or even the incredible runs of PAD and Pak.

TOBA/TOAA is the Hulk's greatest, forever lingering threat. A constant reminder of if Hulk/Banner makes the wrong choice between Savior and Destroyer & Mercy and Wrath, the fate of the 8th Multiverse and 9th Multiverse, along with the infinite life and universes that exist within those Multiverses, are in peril and at stake. So, compared to such a Multiversal threat like The Breaker of Worlds, a being akin to Knull who is only a Universal threat is utterly insignificant. So, yes, I agree with you that Hulk getting a threat akin to Knull after facing TOBA/TOAA would be a downgrade, but I'm getting sidetracked.

I do have to ask you this, however...

Have you maybe considered that this threat emerging in HULK #6 might be of TOBA/TOAA? An avatar created to ensure Hulk/Banner remain chained to their destiny of the Multiverse destroying Breaker of Worlds?

If not that then, as you mentioned, a returning Hulk persona? Perhaps a reborn Devil Hulk fully unleashed and unchained, utterly devoid of the protective compassion he had of Banner and the other alters? Could it slso be the Guilt Hulk reborn, deadlier than ever? After all, we haven't seen it since Jenkins run and Hulk/Banner have went through TONS of trauma since then and perhaps everything that's transpired in Immortal Hulk and the incident in El Paso has caused it to reemerge?

The bottom line is we basically don't know.

I would love to know about the whereabouts of Green Scar, Joe Fixit, Devil and the other main Hulk personas/alters. I would also love more substance to compliment the smashing, as any of us would. I would love to see more story elements and get some answers to many of the questions I have.

Unfortunately, we're just going to have to wait and see.

As for the upcoming Hulk vs. Thor: Banner of War...

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a couple big fights, no real winner, and it results in Hulk & Thor taking on and defeating a massive threat of some kind. Predictable, yet also fitting for the 60th anniversaries of both characters.

BANNED

Hulks knull? Will he also end up in the sun? What would have been a different direction to go after all the stuff was for Bruce to collect proof of the gamma radiation being otherworldly or something and coming up with some equation which accounts for all the otherworldly powers it confers.

BANNED

Have you maybe considered that this threat emerging in HULK #6 might be of TOBA/TOAA? An avatar created to ensure Hulk/Banner remain chained to their destiny of the Multiverse destroying Breaker of Worlds?
    It could be but likely is not, seeing as this is an idea Cates has had for like a decade now, way before TOBA was a thing, of course he can always modify his idea and tie it to TOBA, but so far he has been very reluctant to address or tie anything to Immortal Hulk, so we will see.

If not that then, as you mentioned, a returning Hulk persona? Perhaps a reborn Devil Hulk fully unleashed and unchained, utterly devoid of the protective compassion he had of Banner and the other alters? Could it slso be the Guilt Hulk reborn, deadlier than ever? After all, we haven't seen it since Jenkins run and Hulk/Banner have went through TONS of trauma since then and perhaps everything that's transpired in Immortal Hulk and the incident in El Paso has caused it to reemerge?
    It could be as someone mentioned Guilt Hulk, also if the color isn't just random on the cover and is meant to actually convey something that we will see, the red might also tie into it some way so it might be a Hulk with Cosmic radiation in him as well.

The bottom line is we basically don't know.
    What we do know we can criticize or at least comment on.

As for the upcoming Hulk vs. Thor: Banner of War...

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a couple big fights, no real winner, and it results in Hulk & Thor taking on and defeating a massive threat of some kind. Predictable, yet also fitting for the 60th anniversaries of both characters.
    They might end up fighting another threat in the end, but Cates has already revealed that one of them is gonna come out as a winner, so just in case Cates disappoints you(which is very possible given his track record on Hulk so far) dont be surprised when it happens.
    I already expect him to have Thor beat Hulk tbh, but what i wish doesn't help is he ends up declaring Thor is "STRONGEST THERE IS" which would pretty much bury Hulks character in that regard.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

This is the only Kluh I'm familiar with...enjoyed it for what it was, which was drawn by McGuinness and only appeared once. No idea what to expect with this upcoming version...assuming they're not the same character?

BANNED

They might end up fighting another threat in the end, but Cates has already revealed that one of them is gonna come out as a winner, so just in case Cates disappoints you(which is very possible given his track record on Hulk so far) dont be surprised when it happens.
    I already expect him to have Thor beat Hulk tbh, but what i wish doesn't help is he ends up declaring Thor is "STRONGEST THERE IS" which would pretty much bury Hulks character in that regard.
    I also don't hope that happens for a number of reasons and it'd be utterly disrespectful and distasteful.

First; King Thor couldn't beat Cosmic Joe in a 1-on-1 fight who still wasn't at full power due to the absence of Banner & Devil.

Secondly; King Thor on both occasions against Cosmic Joe needed the Avengers and other powerhouse heroes to further gain an edge.

Thirdly; It would not only spit the face of these recent battles, but also be outright disrespectful to Al Ewing's work.

Fourthly; Hulk has been and always will be the Strongest One there is and having Thor or any other character dare lay claim to that 60 year truth/fact would be also outright disrespectful.

Finally; I believe it would be very unwise for Cates to have Hulk lose to Thor for numerous reasons.

One of them being is that the sales on Thor comics are plunging while his Hulk comics are selling out. It'd be unwise to have the character of your highest selling comic series lose to character whose comic is steadily dwindling in sales.

It would also be very unwise for Cates to let a character whose series he just began writing to lose as not only would it enrage an entire fanbase and spit upon Al Ewing's Hulk/Thor battles... but it would also cause your #1 most profitable ongoing comic series for Marvel to drop drastically in sales. And if we know anything about Marvel & DC, it's all about the money $$$.

And, as you've mentioned, if this "Darkness Hulk" that is set to appear HULK #6 and then in HULK VS. THOR: BANNER OF WAR, a Hulk who is so powerful that nothing or nobody can stop... then how does Thor even have a prayer?!

Only way I see Thor winning against an unstoppable version of Hulk is if he reverts to Banner and is knocked out or if Hulk pulls a Void/Sentry moment and tells/allows Thor to hit him with his most powerful attack while suppressing the unstoppable darkness within him.

In any case, neither is good for Hulk/Banner as it would diminish the coming threat of this unstoppable "Darkness Hulk".
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 01-08-2022 at 09:03 AM.

Ultimate Member

Regarding the upcoming arcs, I'm willing to give Cates a chance.

I don't at all agree that Cates repeats himself. That hasn't been the case in his previous work and his Indie work is does not feature any repetition (Crossover and God Country are very, very different series although the two series have now "converged"). At Marvel, his Thanos and Dr Strange and Venom and even Cosmic Ghost Rider were all different.

The only through line I see in Cates work is parent/child relationships, particularly men and their fathers (that likely has to do with Cates own personal issues). His new ideas for Hulk might be bad but I'm more than willing to him a change. His Marvel work (aside from Thor)has been very good.

I am much more worried this might do something to erase what Ewing has done, if we are gonna look at it that way, TOBA is probably the closest to being called a Hulks "Knull", so what Cates is doing is basically replacing or ignoring him or something...
    TOBA is Hulk's Knull for all intents and purposes, being an evil cosmic being who's the origin of gamma monsters and all, biggest difference is that Knull isn't locked away in another dimension, he can be fought directly, while you can't do that with TOBA at all, maybe that's gonna be the key difference.

I just hope this "Hulk's Knull" isn't something that messes with TOBA's connection with gamma monsters, Knull by himself was at times, too invasive with how he's connected with symbiotes, to the point that the weakness to fire and sonics come from him, something about an ancient memory about how they were created, instead of being just, symbiote's natural weaknesses to those two lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    You can't be mad at people from judging something on how they advertised it.We aren't making assumptions, The editor and Marvel promoted this is Hulk's Knull and Cate has a bad habit of repetition.

He's ignoring most of Immortal Hulk's lore at best and destroying it at worst.We just got The One Below All as Hulk's Knull if you will if not for Kluh, etc. We know he pitched this run before Immortal Hulk so not surprising.
    Even if he pitched it before Immortal Hulk, he still will need to have made some changes to it, if this "Hulk's Knull" is some cosmic being deeply connected with gamma monsters' origins, then it's just ignoring TOBA, but it can still work if it's connected to them, but not involved with their creation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Fantastic Member

Waitaminute.. you're telling me Banner loses control of the Hulk?!?

If only someone had seen it coming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    TOBA is Hulk's Knull for all intents and purposes, being an evil cosmic being who's the origin of gamma monsters and all, biggest difference is that Knull isn't locked away in another dimension, he can be fought directly, while you can't do that with TOBA at all, maybe that's gonna be the key difference.

I just hope this "Hulk's Knull" isn't something that messes with TOBA's connection with gamma monsters, Knull by himself was at times, too invasive with how he's connected with symbiotes, to the point that the weakness to fire and sonics come from him, something about an ancient memory about how they were created, instead of being just, symbiote's natural weaknesses to those two lol.
    That's my concern as well, i just hope Cates doesn't retcon or mess with what Ewing did, in proper Cates fashion he might even try to out DBZ Ewing by saying, TOBA is not the ultimate gamma being, there is this other guy that is above him... which would be all kinds of stupid, though to be fair i don't think he would ever do that to Ewing... hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Even if he pitched it before Immortal Hulk, he still will need to have made some changes to it, if this "Hulk's Knull" is some cosmic being deeply connected with gamma monsters' origins, then it's just ignoring TOBA, but it can still work if it's connected to them, but not involved with their creation.
    Yep, i know this is a story he has had in his mind for at least a decade now and has been very proud of it apparently because he has told it to many of his colleagues before. But there are certain things he needs to revise and adapt to, Ewing did that, he literally adapted his entire Immortal Hulk story to dozens of other Hulk creators, which is IMO the best part of Immortal Hulk, it was so refreshing seeing another writer not just respect but expand upon what ever other writer has done in a very natural and respectful way.

Peoples main complaint against Cates is that they are afraid he will just ignore Immortal Hulk, which so far he has been doing really well, there is basically no mention of anything regarding Immortal Hulk so far other than that one line "I am not immortal, Hulk is". So this could be an EASY win for him, if whatever this monster/being inside Hulk is, he somehow ties it back to TOBA/Immortal Hulk WITHOUT retconning or disrespecting anything but just building on it. I

As i mentioned previously Cates MIGHT be doing that, if we are too assume that red "lightning/gamma" isn't there just for show and is actually there for a reason, it might be another Hulk with cosmic radiation. If you asked me what i would do, i'd tie this to that plot that Ewing left kinda hanging, which is back when Devil either found or tore the "Hydra" Hulk to pieces and left him locked up, i would use this opportunity as that Hulk perhaps escaping his imprisonment and maybe even taking away the cosmic radiation from Joe Fixit. With that Ewing can proceed however he wants.

In the IH AC one-shot, Banner thought that Knull was similar to TOBA when told about the situation by Spider-Man.

Think the issue was the first to feature the new version of the mindscape, with Bruce and Savage in their regular forms but the Devil Hulk appearing as a yellow reptile similar to the Jenkins run and Joe appearing as a mustached Banner with a Hawaiian shirt (Saying something like: "This face should be grey and a lot meaner. No dice!"
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

That's my concern as well, i just hope Cates doesn't retcon or mess with what Ewing did, in proper Cates fashion he might even try to out DBZ Ewing by saying, TOBA is not the ultimate gamma being, there is this other guy that is above him... which would be all kinds of stupid, though to be fair i don't think he would ever do that to Ewing... hopefully...
    Doing that with TOBA would be a middle finger to Marvel cosmic, 'cause TOAA is above everything, while TOBA is his destructive side, saying something is even stronger than TOBA would imply there's something out there stronger than TOAA lol.

I won't be surprised if Cates makes a "Hulk's Knull", and says this, or implies it though, 'cause Cates likes to hype up stuff, Back during his Venom run, Cates was talking about Knull like he was super strong and immortal, to the point that a fan asked if some story where Thanos kills everything also killed Knull, and Cates replied that Knull can't be killed, then, we get to King in Black, where Knull, while strong enough to easily kill Sentry, is weak enough to lose to Venom powered by Enigma Force (Granted, he used Mjolnir and Silver Surfer's board, but, still...), and then he just gets killed by being thrown in the sun... Yeah, not that impressive lol.

Yep, i know this is a story he has had in his mind for at least a decade now and has been very proud of it apparently because he has told it to many of his colleagues before. But there are certain things he needs to revise and adapt to, Ewing did that, he literally adapted his entire Immortal Hulk story to dozens of other Hulk creators, which is IMO the best part of Immortal Hulk, it was so refreshing seeing another writer not just respect but expand upon what ever other writer has done in a very natural and respectful way.
    Which makes it more depressing when other writers didn't do that back, like Rulk getting a funeral and Ross even shows up in the Below Place, then it's revealed in Cap's comic that the Ross who died was an LMD... The whole plot point of Ross' body having a codex in Absolute Carnage tie-in makes no sense with that reveal too.

Peoples main complaint against Cates is that they are afraid he will just ignore Immortal Hulk, which so far he has been doing really well, there is basically no mention of anything regarding Immortal Hulk so far other than that one line "I am not immortal, Hulk is". So this could be an EASY win for him, if whatever this monster/being inside Hulk is, he somehow ties it back to TOBA/Immortal Hulk WITHOUT retconning or disrespecting anything but just building on it. I

As i mentioned previously Cates MIGHT be doing that, if we are too assume that red "lightning/gamma" isn't there just for show and is actually there for a reason, it might be another Hulk with cosmic radiation. If you asked me what i would do, i'd tie this to that plot that Ewing left kinda hanging, which is back when Devil either found or tore the "Hydra" Hulk to pieces and left him locked up, i would use this opportunity as that Hulk perhaps escaping his imprisonment and maybe even taking away the cosmic radiation from Joe Fixit. With that Ewing can proceed however he wants.
    Yeah I remember Devil saying he didn't kill the SE Hulk, but basically cut him to pieces, and looking back at Immortal Hulk, we have this moment in issue#15:

Devil says that as long as he's around, SE Hulk ain't returning, and Devil is more or less dead now (IH#45 has him talking with Banner even after he got killed, so he's still kind around, but isn't as active), so if Cates remembers those details, SE Hulk could be used.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    In the IH AC one-shot, Banner thought that Knull was similar to TOBA when told about the situation by Spider-Man.

Maybe whatever this "Hulk's Knull" is could use this line that Knull is a facet of TOBA, to explain a connection between this "Hulk's Knull" and TOBA.

Time will tell whatever the hell Cates is going to do... I'll drop the comic after the third issue if it doesn't interest me, 'cause even without Immortal Hulk in mind, I'm not interested in Cates' Hulk so far.

Think the issue was the first to feature the new version of the mindscape, with Bruce and Savage in their regular forms but the Devil Hulk appearing as a yellow reptile similar to the Jenkins run and Joe appearing as a mustached Banner with a Hawaiian shirt (Saying something like: "This face should be grey and a lot meaner. No dice!"
    I think it's also the first time Savage shows up in IH.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 01-09-2022 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then