Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    Betty didn’t purposely leave on her own. Doctor Strange summoned her and the events Al’s Defenders miniseries took place at the same time as the immortal hulk finale. That’s why Betty was so upset with Stephen and “I was busy. Send me back!” when she showed in issue 1. I think that the miniseries was meant to happen after the issue where Betty and Bruce argue because She wants to leave Shadow Base. Al said in the letters page that Betty was leaving because he had plans for her elsewhere. Most likely, Covid caused the delay. Still, Betty still loves Bruce. That’s why she got so angry when Joe said that he just left him in Hell.
    Honestly a part of me prefers the idea she just bailed and left Joe there, but she probably would have stayed just to save Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Surprised they released this preview so early - it's pretty spoilery!

spoilers:
    So we know a little more about what happened in El Paso now, but still not what "Betty" is. I feel this has to have some personal tie to Bruce. His father's spirit again? His mother's (corrupted)?

The new Celestial Hulkbuster looks... pretty decent. It'll be interesting to see Tony & Thor's reaction to "Titan".
    end of spoilers

I'm really enthused for this issue. I know they are probably going to make the Celestial Hulkbuster lose, but I'm still interested in seeing what it can and will do.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Here come that Donny Cates famous understanding of power levels... Hulk being bombarded with the power of 100 000 exploding stars... bruh...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    Surprised they released this preview so early - it's pretty spoilery!

spoilers:
    So we know a little more about what happened in El Paso now, but still not what "Betty" is. I feel this has to have some personal tie to Bruce. His father's spirit again? His mother's (corrupted)?

The new Celestial Hulkbuster looks... pretty decent. It'll be interesting to see Tony & Thor's reaction to "Titan".
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, it pretty much explains the whole El Paso thing.

I also think Titan is someone close to Bruce because he seems to “recognize” it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Here come that Donny Cates famous understanding of power levels... Hulk being bombarded with the power of 100 000 exploding stars... bruh...
    I think the whole “Titan” thing could be amping up the Hulk.

Because he was generating more gamma as Tony tried to drain him.

Although that’s just a theory on my part because the whole 100,000 exploding stars does seem a little much.

I think the whole “Titan” thing could be amping up the Hulk.

Because he was generating more gamma as Tony tried to drain him.

Although that’s just a theory on my part because the whole 100,000 exploding stars does seem a little much.
    Well, if Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns, 100K should be a walk in the park...

I'm sure we'll see a lot of comparisons between Titan and Worldbreaker Hulk from "Heart of the Monster".

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    Well, if Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns, 100K should be a walk in the park...

I'm sure we'll see a lot of comparisons between Titan and Worldbreaker Hulk from "Heart of the Monster".
    Yep, I was actually expecting to see that in the last issue of Hulk when he changed into Titan.

I fully expect him to destroy that Celestial Armor which will be an extremely high-end feat.

Fantastic Member

Yep, I was actually expecting to see that in the last issue of Hulk when he changed into Titan.

I fully expect him to destroy that Celestial Armor which will be an extremely high-end feat.
    Yeah, the Battleboards are gonna love that

Interesting how Thor's eyes are light and Hulk's are dark. Could be a revist of the whole Knull/Capt Universe thing especially given the whole Celestial stuff. Maybe when Hulk was taken over by Venom/attacked by Knull some of him/them was left behind? And the whole 6th/7th cosmos stuff Cates did and Ewing's 9th cosmos stuff and how they talked about swapping titles.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly a part of me prefers the idea she just bailed and left Joe there, but she probably would have stayed just to save Bruce.
    Oh, she absolutely would have helped to save Bruce. However, I agree that it would have served Joe right that she just bailed on him right after he bared his soul. It’s the perfect payback for him bailing on her when she was pregnant to live in Las Vegas during PAD’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her bailing on Joe at that moment is just questionable when Banner still needed to be saved.

Then again, she was still planning to leave despite Banner needing to be saved anyways, it could be thought that she left because she thinks Joe hasn't changed and he won't save Banner I guess, though that makes you wonder about what she was doing during this, since I'm pretty sure she doesn't know much about the below place, much less how to access it, so, if we ignore that she was in Defenders, ya gotta wonder what the hell she was doing when she left lol.

I also don't see why she couldn't just be in the final chapters, and then she leaves to be in the Defenders, maybe it's to explain why Betty isn't around in Cates' Hulk run, but that run itself already ignores Immortal Hulk a lot, Betty not being around would be the least of its problems continuity-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Guess it'll mean that Hulk will then lose to Sentry, y'know, a million exploding stars and all .

Jokes aside, where is 100k stars from? I don't see it in the preview, is it mentioned in another preview?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Guess it'll mean that Hulk will then lose to Sentry, y'know, a million exploding stars and all .

Jokes aside, where is 100k stars from? I don't see it in the preview, is it mentioned in another preview?
    Ironically Sentry himself couldn't withstand the heat of the original human torch, who doesn't radiate the power of a single exploding star, let alone million like Sentry is suppose to. although that Sentry statement isnt even consistent because sometimes it's mentioned to be a million and sometimes thousand.

It's mentioned in the preview in the last page "and the Celestial judgement of a hundred thousand exploding stars".

Possible theory-maybe Titan (or Betty) is a corrupted devil somehow, back from the dead but "came back wrong"? After all certain Hulk personas can be 'tweaked'-Doc Green and Kluh were pretty much just Savage Hulk with Extremis for example.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Yeah, the Battleboards are gonna love that

Interesting how Thor's eyes are light and Hulk's are dark. Could be a revist of the whole Knull/Capt Universe thing especially given the whole Celestial stuff. Maybe when Hulk was taken over by Venom/attacked by Knull some of him/them was left behind? And the whole 6th/7th cosmos stuff Cates did and Ewing's 9th cosmos stuff and how they talked about swapping titles.
    Interesting theory.

I wonder if Cates himself has really considered all this.

But I hope that the Titan reveal isn't something underwhelming.