Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

[conspiracy]
    Maybe it was done to re-tool the ending! :crazy:
    [/conspiracy]

BANNED

Oh, for the love of God...

Damn delays.

Nearly every title, not just Hulk and Thor ongoings, have been delayed!

This is ridiculous and embarrassing for Marvel.

Ultimate Member

All this talk of delays, and no word of discussion about Peter David's Maestro mini series.

Which, unfortunately, is probably for the best.

I could write an essay on the excellence of Future Imperfect with regards to Hulk's character and mythos.

And I could write another one about how PAD's mini squanders it all

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I actually like that Titan design.

Too bad we haven’t seen that much of him yet.
    There are definitely elements I like, but I'm still on the fence with those weird shoulder volcanoes.

Actually, they should just move them to his back and use them as a jetpack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    All this talk of delays, and no word of discussion about Peter David's Maestro mini series.

Which, unfortunately, is probably for the best.

I could write an essay on the excellence of Future Imperfect with regards to Hulk's character and mythos.

And I could write another one about how PAD's mini squanders it all
    It has its moments every now and then, and it has its rough spots, but it's never really grabbed me.

The Hulk has gone through a lot over the last 20 years (esp. in the last few years), so despite being set in "the (alt-)future" I feel like it's a story that's come out 15 years too late.
    Last edited by Kolwyr; 06-24-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    It has its moments every now and then, and it has its rough spots, but it's never really grabbed me.

The Hulk has gone through a lot over the last 20 years (esp. in the last few years), so despite being set in "the (alt-)future" I feel like it's a story that's come out 15 years too late.
    Gotta disagree. The setup in Future Imperfect was flawless.

"Persecution. Betrayal. Hatred. These thing don't change."

That is an epic setup for anything story.

But instead, all we have is the Maestro stabbing people in the back and not really building his kingdom

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Gotta disagree. The setup in Future Imperfect was flawless.

"Persecution. Betrayal. Hatred. These thing don't change."

That is an epic setup for anything story.

But instead, all we have is the Maestro stabbing people in the back and not really building his kingdom
    So far, I felt they were over-padded and underwhelming in terms of story and artwork.
    At most, they should have been double-sized and AT MOST...three issue limited series.
    Just as stated, issue #1 should have been "Persecution"...leading into #2 as "Betray" and ending with "Hatred".
    From there, follow that same patter in the next mini and expand on how he builds his kingdom.
    If it warranted a third series, let it lead directly up to their meeting in Future Imperfect.
    And I would have done anything and everything to get Paul Pelletier back from DC to do the artwork for it. Damn, his Maestro rocked in those Exiles issues.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    So far, I felt they were over-padded and underwhelming in terms of story and artwork.
    At most, they should have been double-sized and AT MOST...three issue limited series.
    Just as stated, issue #1 should have been "Persecution"...leading into #2 as "Betray" and ending with "Hatred".
    From there, follow that same patter in the next mini and expand on how he builds his kingdom.
    If it warranted a third series, let it lead directly up to their meeting in Future Imperfect.
    And I would have done anything and everything to get Paul Pelletier back from DC to do the artwork for it. Damn, his Maestro rocked in those Exiles issues.
    Heh, over PADDED, nice pun.

But yeah, agree.

Given the douche that Maestro comes to be, you'd think that Peter David would have him being betrayed, him being sympathetic. Not so much

Heh, over PADDED, nice pun.

But yeah, agree.

Given the douche that Maestro comes to be, you'd think that Peter David would have him being betrayed, him being sympathetic. Not so much
    BWAH HAHAH! That pun was unintentional. Didn't think anything of it until you mentioned it.
    I'd have to re-read the first one, but was he trying to tie it into current continuity with Modok and others?

Ultimate Member

BWAH HAHAH! That pun was unintentional. Didn't think anything of it until you mentioned it.
    I'd have to re-read the first one, but was he trying to tie it into current continuity with Modok and others?
    He's alluded to a few things in current canon, like his wife reviving and Alchemix (dunno how to spell it).

Unfortunately, and very bad for the story, we really don't know where Hulk was emotionally, before being thrown into stasis by Modok.

Anyone pick up the New FF #1, with the Hulk, Spidey, Wolverine, Ghost Rider line-up?

I'd be kind of curious if it somehow foreshadows/call-forwards Joe's stuff in IH, which is something I've noticed with some of his humor, but I'm not sure how he feels about Immortal Hulk, and I think he's stated he rarely reads runs after his own.

On a similar note, I just thought it amusing Hulk saying, "Human? why would I want to be Human?" From the first Hulk issue, and thinking of how the Gray Hulk/Joe pretty much was stuck in human form in most of IH. (Although it's debateable that the Hulk persona in Incredible #1 was Joe or another persona in the body Joe later uses since they're obviously very different).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-30-2022 at 06:59 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Anyone pick up the New FF #1, with the Hulk, Spidey, Wolverine, Ghost Rider line-up?
    I did. I remember liking the "New FF" when they first appeared, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Not a lot to say on this one yet as the story seems pretty basic so far. I seem to remember Joe being... unusually civil in this one.

Also, the threat doesn't seem really worthy of their time, but it's early yet, so we'll see where they go with this.

^Joe can occasionally be a softy. We kind of saw that in Immortal a bit, after being a bit adversarial to savage in the old #370s he pretty much acts like a protective older brother to him, especially after Bruce gets captured and Devil is killed.

And of course a lot of his relationship with Betty.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    ^Joe can occasionally be a softy. We kind of saw that in Immortal a bit, after being a bit adversarial to savage in the old #370s he pretty much acts like a protective older brother to him, especially after Bruce gets captured and Devil is killed.

And of course a lot of his relationship with Betty.
    Joe definitely grew as a character in Immortal Hulk. I'm just trying to remember if Joe was this civil during his Las Vegas days. I thought he was more surly back then.